Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemmarc
Strangler
Loc: new york
dulled pot effects
    #3716515 - 02/01/05 10:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ive been smoking a pretty good amount for about a year, never done anything else (but me and my lovely girlfriend are doing shrooms for the first time in about a month)

Anyway, ive begun to notice a diminished effect of pot. not getting as high, not lasting as long, etc. i dont like having this level of control, if that makes sense...i dont like being the one able to tell my friends if theyre acting absurd or not. nonetheless, i still love my pot.

anyway, what has everyone found to be a good way to get really high with just pot? not doing it for a while? of course ive tried large amounts, but even then when im stoned i dont feel like it lasts as long. maybe it was just the mysteriousness of it in the beginning?

late

--------------------
penelope shoot the apple off my head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewharfrat12
Stronger thanDirt

Loc: Sinking beneath the water...
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: mmarc]
    #3716541 - 02/01/05 10:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i smoke pot about every day and my highs last a whooping 20-30 minutes. its actually quite pointless seems just like a waste of money. but yea take a break for a while, a couple weeks or so, then get back into and ull start getting ripped again like u use too

time to hit bowls! peace!

--------------------

"Tell me the cost, I can pay let me go, tell me love is not lost.
Sell everything, without love day to day insanity's king."

Invisiblehellbender

#3717173 - 02/02/05 01:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've been smoking pot daily for well over a decade and I still get quite high almost every time I smoke. Sometimes more than others, but I'm rarely disappointed. Seems like the first time I smoke on any day has the most effect, but subsequent sessions will also do the trick adequately.

There is a level of high that I only seem to reach on rare occasions though. It reminds me of the few times I got outlandishly high when first experimenting with pot. Gives me the feeling that I'm wearing a suit of bubble wrap while sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool full of jello.

Anyway, holding off for a while to get rid of the tolerance is probably your best bet. Otherwise, a stronger product is probably required. Maybe try making honey oil? Or perhaps try getting your weed from another source? Maybe you'll get higher quality pot or a different strain that will give you a better high.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3717922 - 02/02/05 05:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1-welcome to the shroomery
2-don't smoke everyday and see what happens
3-change set and setting (like music, location etc when you smoke. go out in nature for example)

OfflineAnyColor
Stranger ThenBeans

Loc: Still Somewhere
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: stefan]
    #3718383 - 02/02/05 09:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have a friend who smoked almost continually for about 5 years before he decided to take some time off. Well, he made if for about 2 and a half weeks before we smoked again and he said that he was so high that he almost felt like he was tripping. All he could do was stare at the colors on the walls.  :grin:

If you have the willpower, I would say take two or three weeks off and see what happens.

--------------------
"Its Like a Koala Bear Crapped a Rainbow in my Brain"

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: AnyColor]
    #3718396 - 02/02/05 09:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1) Smoke new pot with a radically different cannabinoid profile
2) Smoke less pot for a while (week or two)

Those are your options.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: AnyColor]
    #3718500 - 02/02/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah dude, a week or two and the tolerance will be down to pretty much nothing.

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: dulled pot effects [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3718551 - 02/02/05 10:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i highly reccomend taking a week off when you feel reduced effects. One week off and man youre gonna be gettin high as hell.

Ive never had a problem staying high for 4-5 hours, but when i smoke often i dont get AS high. and when i smoke more to get higher, i end up getting tired and falling asleep after the first our or so.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinemmarc
Strangler
Loc: new york
    #3718562 - 02/02/05 10:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the welcomes and answers...i had been on the shroomery a lot lately but only recently checked the boards and since then i've been reading them at least an hour a night. everyone seems to be really nice and thoughtful. i'll be around and i'll surely be asking some more questions/giving some accounts of when i do shrooms in march.

and, my name is Marc. Hello.

--------------------
penelope shoot the apple off my head

Offlinemusichead927
My afro isbigger

Loc: florida
    #3719624 - 02/02/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you will be amazed at how much higher youw ill get if you smoke in a different place, my friend and i went out to the golf course and sat by one of the lakes, smoked a few bowls, and i was 10 times higher than i normally get off of just 2 bowls

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3720110 - 02/02/05 04:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mmarc said:
and, my name is Marc. Hello.

Hi Marc! :sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: dblaney]
    #3720118 - 02/02/05 04:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Its just tolerance. Stop for a while and you'll notice it will hit you a lot harder. I smoke everyday, and my high's usually only last a half hour or so then they quickly diminish. Welcome to the Shroomery!

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3720123 - 02/02/05 04:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've been high for the past 3 hours so far.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #3720144 - 02/02/05 04:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You smoked it? I've never been high that long, even my first time. Only when I eat firecrackers or brownies or something do I stay high for that long. Lucky.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3720421 - 02/02/05 06:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Iv been smoking daily for 3 years or so now and have noticed a few things.

It used to be wake up, take a grav hit, go to class and come back, take a grav hit, get lunch, take two grav hits.... blah

now I have found that instead of trying to get high all day I smoke a hell of a lot once early in the day, like 5 or 6 bonghits and get crazy high for the first high and let it ride down until im pretty much tired at night , get some things done and I get really fucking high noce more before bed and I still see to have a high slightly with me all day although im not fucking buzzed and half stupid all the time.

Of course, its all in what you like personally but if your not getting as high as you like to, take some time off and someday two weeks from now blow a 1/8 entirely one night and see how you feel

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: aguynameddan]
    #3720704 - 02/02/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Another long-time smoker here... the advice given about taking some time off is good advice. Everytime I've taken a couple weeks off I've come back to pot almost as if I never had any tolerance. After taking a break you can either save smoking for 1-3 times a week and get blitzed those few times, or you can try to smoke lightly 1-2 times a day and keep a steady buzz, which may also keep your tolerance down. I prefer to just smoke a little once or twice a day and I've found that while I've been doing it this way, I've still been able to get ripped when I feel like it. works out pretty good for me...experiment with the ideas people gave here and you'll probably find something that works out for you.

Also, if you're smoking schwag try getting your hands on some kind bud especially if it's sinsemilla (seedless)...I had been smoking heavily daily for almost 2 years when I was first introduced to good sinsemilla and it blew my mind.

Edited by lackobreath (02/02/05 07:11 PM)

Invisiblehellbender

Re: dulled pot effects [Re: musichead927]
    #3721499 - 02/02/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

you will be amazed at how much higher youw ill get if you smoke in a different place, my friend and i went out to the golf course and sat by one of the lakes, smoked a few bowls, and i was 10 times higher than i normally get off of just 2 bowls

Yep, I've noticed this effect as well. Good call!

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: dulled pot effects [Re: hellbender]
    #3721600 - 02/02/05 09:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hellbender said:
Quote:

Yep, I've noticed this effect as well.  Good call!

i think that only applies if you get stoned in the same place all the time, and then suddenly try something new. I generally get high wherever i feel like it. At school, at work, at home, at night, during the day, at a friends, dosnt matter. im how you say, a stoner!! :tongue2:

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: stefan]
    #3723440 - 02/03/05 03:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stefan said:
1-welcome to the shroomery
2-don't smoke everyday and see what happens
3-change set and setting (like music, location etc when you smoke. go out in nature for example)

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlineareyoumylight
Stranger
Re: dulled pot effects [Re: butterflydawn]
    #3724640 - 02/03/05 12:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Take some time off. I took 2 months off, smoked a countless amount of grams with my friend through a bubbler, and have never been higher in my entire life.  It was like my brain reset every 2 and a half seconds and I'd forgot where I was and what I was doing, and by the time I just started to figure stuff out in my own distorted way, it'd reset again.  Eventually I just sat there and watch my friend roll around his head and laughed for about an hour staight. :smile:
peace!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom