Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerexxx
Stranger

best tek?
    #3717197 - 02/02/05 01:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OK I'm another newbie struggling with this hobby and i tried those shitty mycobags out(no successes). So i want to prepare my own substrate i have read the pf tek for brf/verm . But i have heard that the yields are low and the potency is weak.? Can someone point me to a more popular growing method with the grains or seed? I have searched but have not found the step by step teks like previous one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineknucklez
Newb Shroomer

Re: best tek? [Re: rexxx]
    #3717210 - 02/02/05 01:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

isn't the pf suppose to be the most famous ?

--------------------
Roll em 7 and 11's.

Offlinerexxx
Stranger

Re: best tek? [Re: knucklez]
    #3717222 - 02/02/05 01:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i think its just the easiest one for beginners not necessarily the best. Oh and how can one look at grow logs on this site i hear people talking about em but i cant find them

OfflineSinistar
I Am Sinistar

#3717225 - 02/02/05 01:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

magashs rye tek is pretty damned easy from what i read. its in the archives above. i have a question post up right below this one, you can look at it tomorrow and get some answers.

--------------------
I Am Sinistar

You Dont Pay A Hooker For Sex, You Pay Them To Leave.

In The City, Where Angels Fear To Hover And Devils Come To Croon, The Sex Of The Night Lets Down Her Black Narcotic Hair To A Yellow Opium Moon.

Offlineknucklez
Newb Shroomer

Re: best tek? [Re: Sinistar]
    #3717252 - 02/02/05 01:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

there should be many teks floating around the net. just gotta search them. some might even have a comment or a feedback box.

--------------------
Roll em 7 and 11's.

Offlineknucklez
Newb Shroomer

#3717264 - 02/02/05 01:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

me, myself am a newb. found a tek i liked and i am gonna stick to it. i myself find the Simple Cubensis Growing Technique in the (Home | Mushroom Cultivation - Grow Mushrooms | Basic Cultivation Guides | Simple Cubensis Growing Technique) find pretty easy. I have another site pretty much like the Simple Cubensis Growing Technique, but it is about the same, so i won't bother posting unless you really want it.

--------------------
Roll em 7 and 11's.

OfflineLethalX5
Male

#3717297 - 02/02/05 01:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

personally i did not like the BRF/Verm tek. i am trying it right now but for my first grow. also i am using the "doc's WBS tek" (loved this one you should try it. and also i did some popcorn jars. (not sure what tek) but just search the shroomery they have tons of different teks. Good luck though.

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #3717308 - 02/02/05 01:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What are you talking about, the mycobags must be the easiest way ever. You buy a sterilized bag, swipe it with alcohol and stick in syringe 2cc's and cover with tape. The jar method to me is way more likely to get infected with bacteria, well that is why I switched to bags and have had 0% contamination! Unless your syringes were bad, I don't know what the hell the probelm you could of had since the spawn bags are fool proof!

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Offlinerexxx
Stranger

Re: best tek? [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3717321 - 02/02/05 01:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

its not that they are a problem they just take FOREVER to colonize and to buy pre-made substrate is to damn expensive why pay that much when you can colonize a jar and case it for 1/3 the price?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3717330 - 02/02/05 01:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Spawn bags if moved when innoculationg can suck air in. Also carrying, sealing, PCing ect is a bitch. And if you dont swab.. I've had not so much luck with bags like 10 of 10 contamed at one point...10 successfull since but still. I like jars so much easier. Inject needle through alcohol swab and pull out into swab. Cant get any easier then that. And you lose a jar you lose less substrate..

Bags are nice and all...just not what I like..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3717346 - 02/02/05 02:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The brf tek works great. I have used it many times with alot of success. As for the potency, well, I tripped my ass off of an eight(dry) and my friends ate some chocolates that I made from my crops with about 3 grams apiece in them, and they were spun completely. The supplies are cheap and contam factor is low until you get into casing, then you have to be completely(and I mean completely!) sterile with this part of the process. Your best bet is to use this tek and dunk and roll before birthing and in between flushes. Good luck and welcome to the shroomery. :mushroom2:

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineHerbin_Legend
Stranger
Re: best tek? [Re: blissedout]
    #3717390 - 02/02/05 02:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Use the PF Tek. It is hands down, the EASIEST way to grow shrooms. But mostly, you need to learn the basics before you move onto grains. i.e. You need to be able to recognize pins from contams, or know how long to colonize your jars. By using the PF Tek, you learn about the mysterious ways of the mushroom. It's like using training wheels before you ride a bike.

--------------------
"nothing is fool proof for fools are ingenious and will find a way" - Prisoner #1

Offlinerexxx
Stranger

Re: best tek? [Re: Herbin_Legend]
    #3717422 - 02/02/05 02:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OK i guess i better try the pf tek then. One more question , has anyone experimented with different types of water in the recipe? Maybe a water high in nutes would provide more food for the mushrooms?Like from a lake or even a freshwater fish tank?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3717467 - 02/02/05 02:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Time to experiment is later.
Now, your goal is to choose and follow a tek as close as possible.

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: best tek? [Re: Anno]
    #3717474 - 02/02/05 02:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That tek in annos sig is the easiest IME. The max fruiting formula in the MMGG in the FAQ never worked out as well or as easy to get the proper h20 content.

OfflineShroomtakular
Feline

Loc: At the edge of the World
    #3717892 - 02/02/05 04:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I had lots of good mushrooms from BRF starting out.
start small and dont fix what ain't broken... great tips.
If you want to add something to the water I heard Coffee is good (%50water/%50Instant)

--------------------
I have many many questions...

Offlinerexxx
Stranger

Re: best tek? [Re: Shroomtakular]
    #3720218 - 02/02/05 05:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ok so coffe will give it more nutes than correct?

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #3725183 - 02/03/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Its funny how when I started out, contamination was a probelm. Now I have 0% contamination for weeks. I use a pressure cooker for sterilizing, spawn bags for growth substrate, the these are directly used as a casing layer with vermiculite placed over.

I don't have a hepa airhood yet, I just use my gas stove. I place a pasta strainer over it and work as fast as possible, after spraying lysol and alcohol all over the place. When I do my inoculation of agar plates, I do it in a large container with tons of lysol sprayed and alcohol. This is not a glove box, I just am working inside the container refraining from breathing, covered in fresh clothes. I mean, I find it hillarious that I have 0% contaimination rate. Also all bacteria can be combated with some H2O2 or hydrogen peroxide. The only thing you must be careful of is the green bread mold.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3728997 - 02/04/05 02:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3729831 - 02/04/05 10:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Fluxburn said:
Its funny how when I started out, contamination was a probelm. Now I have 0% contamination for weeks. I use a pressure cooker for sterilizing, spawn bags for growth substrate, the these are directly used as a casing layer with vermiculite placed over.

I don't have a hepa airhood yet, I just use my gas stove. I place a pasta strainer over it and work as fast as possible, after spraying lysol and alcohol all over the place. When I do my inoculation of agar plates, I do it in a large container with tons of lysol sprayed and alcohol. This is not a glove box, I just am working inside the container refraining from breathing, covered in fresh clothes. I mean, I find it hillarious that I have 0% contaimination rate. Also all bacteria can be combated with some H2O2 or hydrogen peroxide. The only thing you must be careful of is the green bread mold.

You'll get some sooner or later but you'll find that the more it isnt there...the more you wont get it there and the more it is, the more you'll get it. Your house is probably pretty clean at this point of mold spores..nothing sitting around for the spores to germinate. If you don't track in the mold spores and are clean about things then your house stays pretty clean and if certain percautions are taken you can have very few contams. Myself, I do grain to grain transfers, agar work, liquid culture work syringes, ect..all free air. I do it clean and I do have a couple HEPA's running all the time (the simple household units) but I get very few contams ever. And usually its like every month or two I'll get like 5% of all my shit contams for a few days or a week..then I clean it all out and things are back to normal again for a while.

Damn flies are a bigger problem....

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck