Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Gulf Coast Invitro...
    #371732 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

My friend is growing the P.Cubensis Gulf Coast. She used 1/2 pint jars, and brf/verm. Colonization took a LONG time (almost 6 weeks) but she thinks it was because of the cold temperature...

Anyways, she's planning on letting them grow invitro (in the jar). They have been in there for 2 weeks, and nothing is happening yet. There is condensation in the jars, so she put them on their sides, and loosened the lids a bit (1/4 turn).

Question is, how long until she starts seeing some pins? Should she grow this strain invitro? If she decides to birth them, she still would like to wait until she see's pins in the jar... So how much longer should she wait?

A couple of jars have small yellowish spots on them. Not a contam, just the mycelium being too wet. Should she continue to wait for pins, or birth them now? Also, should she even attempt to grow these GC's invitro? Anyone had any success? Any info. would be appreciated.

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline3Mshroom
old hand

Re: Gulf Coast Invitro... [Re: Shiznitz]
    #371741 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

The GC is usually ideal for growing invitro. I have to make sure that my gremlins are on top of spawning the dung as soon as the bags are colonized because this strain will start pinning spontaneously invitro without being exposed to the light.
I have no idea why your friends aren't co operating. It could be that during the long colonization they were contaminated by something that hasn't shown itself yet

Be sure to check out http://www.3mshrooms.homestead.com

--------------------
Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

Offlineprotocoldroid
synthtek aa
Loc: central ny
    #371748 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

although I do not have experience with GC, I've found that if my jars have taken a long time to fully colonize, they are usually pretty dry. it might be that those cakes are thirsty -- just a theorization, but... maybe take a look at a dunk tek and although this tek doesn't show pictures or make a specific reference to invitro growing, i couldn't see why it wouldn't work.

peace out!

-protocoldroid

-=/ "what is this electrofunk that's drivin' y'all crazy?" \=-

[paranoia disclaimer: a science-fiction post for a science-fiction world, this post is not intended to be true.]

--------------------
-=/ "what is this electrofunk that's drivin' y'all crazy?" \=-
[disclaimer: a science-fiction post for a science-fiction world, this post is not intended to be true.]

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Re: Gulf Coast Invitro... [Re: 3Mshroom]
    #371763 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well, she doesn't think that there's a contamination (even though they took a long time to colonize, they look healthy and she doesn't smell any contams). She birthed one a couple of days ago to see what would happen (this is her first time growing) and so far (4 days later) no pins, but the mycelium is showing through the top verm layer...

And she doesn't think the cakes are dry... There is a lot of moisture in the jars (little water sploches) and some of the mycelium is turing yellow due to water touching it. The cake she birthed didn't seem too dry. If she were to dunk it, could she fit them back into the jars after dunking? She had a hard enough time getting the one cake out, she had to bang it pretty hard, and she did this at 1 in the morning so that her parents wouldn't catch her "in the act". She thought the banging would wake them up!

Basically, this is the main reason why she wants to grow invitro: secrecy. A terrarium would be nice, but she had a hard enough time getting spores, preparing the cakes, innoculating, and giving them light every day. A terrarium would only increase her chances of getting caught.

Thanks for all the advice.

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #371780 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

AFOAF can't get his Gulf Coasts to pin.He has two casing and two pf-style pints. Casings are 2 and a 1/2 weeks old fully colonized and have been cold shocked still nothing. No pins notta.
( Where were your gulf coast spores from?)
Sporeworks
The Hawks Eye
???

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Re: Gulf Coast Invitro... [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #371783 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not too sure where she got her gulf coast spores from, but it was either CaptainMax or 3M.
Are you saying that maybe it's the syringes that are the problem? Well, I dont think so, I think it's just that the temp. is not right or something... Anyways, I hope it turns out good, for your friend and mine..

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #371794 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Just wondering because different vendors carry different gulf coast strains and some sre more stubborn than others definatly not a strain for beginers!!!

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: Gulf Coast Invitro... [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #371845 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

3m's gc is EXTREMELY aggressive when it comes to colonization and pinning. hes not bs'ing about their desire to pin. HQ has some quart jars she used for birdseed, colonized quickly and later cased in coir. some seeds got stuck to the sides, bottom- she left them for cleaning later (other projects like cleaning the apartment were more important). she looked at them 3 days ago and where the kernels bunched on the sides and bottom of the glass- pins!! no humidity (sealed jar) no nothing- these were just dirty jars. also, they were the 1st to pin invitro in pf style jars... but that was put to an end as quickly as it was discovered. who knows how fast it would have gone invitro...

shell be posting some (casing) pics of some awesome progress. she thinks its a great strain for beginners; its putting the mexi-cubs and puerto rican (cubs) to shame for their speed and aggressiveness.

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Re: Gulf Coast Invitro... [Re: oscill8]
    #371968 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well, it must have been 3M's strain of GC's, since Captain Max doesn't sell these kind. Extremely fast, but not in my friend's case... Howe long should she wait for these jars to start pinning invitro? What if in, say a month, nothing has happened? What should she do?

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #372032 - 08/14/01 11:48 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

cold shock em if all else fails.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck