Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSinistar
I Am Sinistar

Some Rye Questions About Magash Tek
    #3717194 - 02/02/05 03:21 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

hypothetically:

on the jars: are there any wide mouth quarts like with the 1/2pters? i wonder because im not too sure about digging them out like magash wrote in his tek. seems like thats going to contam, maybe not.

htere is no place even semi locally that i can find rye berries. im in the middle of the sticks and NADA. anyone get theres online for a good price? care to share the source?

about PCing the QT jars, how big is the cooker? i saw some posts that said the jars were about an inch higher then the PC in alot of cases. just wondering.

and finally: magash broke his jars down into gladware deep dishes then cased them. then he sealed them with tinfoil. i assume he wafted them once a day or so so keep the oxygen transfer up. i go through all that because he had pics of the gladware seemingly sitting on the tablewhen they started to fruit.

so, once the fruiting begins you just take the lid off and let it rock out? does that effect the sterility of the spore prints later? or maybe he took them out for the camera? cause a friend online at another board uses BRF and he keeps them in a plastic tub all but when he mists them. i cant imagine it would hurt to be safe and put then in a large tub like that right?

thanks for any help in advance.

--------------------
I Am Sinistar

You Dont Pay A Hooker For Sex, You Pay Them To Leave.

In The City, Where Angels Fear To Hover And Devils Come To Croon, The Sex Of The Night Lets Down Her Black Narcotic Hair To A Yellow Opium Moon.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSinistar
I Am Sinistar

Re: Some Rye Questions About Magash Tek [Re: Sinistar]
    #3718477 - 02/02/05 12:14 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

bumpity bump bump

--------------------
I Am Sinistar

In The City, Where Angels Fear To Hover And Devils Come To Croon, The Sex Of The Night Lets Down Her Black Narcotic Hair To A Yellow Opium Moon.

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3718563 - 02/02/05 12:40 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Clean a spoon (wipe with alcohol), spoon the colonized grain out in a clean environment.

Rye (berries) also at health food stores. If really hard to obtain, try WBS.

How big is your cooker? Take jars that fit in there.

You dont have to wafte your casings. Make your casing, put tinfoil over that, poke some holes in and incubate.

When casing layer is colonized, put it your fruiting chamber. The mushrooms can ofcourse carry other nasties under the gills when the veils have broken, but thats not that likely.

Good luck!

MF

edit: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3718133/an/0/page/0

--------------------

Edited by MushroomFriend (02/02/05 01:11 PM)

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
    #3720246 - 02/02/05 07:28 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Sinistar said:

on the jars: are there any wide mouth quarts like with the 1/2pters? i wonder because im not too sure about digging them out like magash wrote in his tek. 

Yes, there are wide mouth quart jars, however they aren't like the 1/2 pints.  They still have somewhat of a lip at the top, but still have a wider opening than a standard quart jar.  Here's a pic of my Ball Wide-Mouth Quarts.  Sorry its not a better pic, but my digital cam uses a proprietary battery, and went on the fritz... thats a whole nuther story, but I had to use this crappy webcam. (And just before everyone asks, no thats not substate, this is one of my jars of rye berries that I measure out of)  :wink:

OfflineSinistar
I Am Sinistar

Re: Some Rye Questions About Magash Tek [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3720991 - 02/02/05 09:49 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

i dont have a cooker yet, thats why i was asking.

thanks for the rest of the info though guys. appreciate it.

--------------------
I Am Sinistar

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation