Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Why so hard to "cool off"?
    #3716762 - 02/02/05 01:21 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I noticed people are having some serious problems waiting to let stuff cool down after the PC.

Why not just keep dropping ice cubes in to slowly lower the water temp before you remove anything? The heat will leech out back to the water, requiring more ice...but I did it tonight and got things down to a very nice temp within twenty minutes. Safe, quick and no mess. Works great with Karo. I am sure it would be a nice way to add H2o2 to your agar for an anti-bacterial medium. You won't have to wait around for so damned long, missing that "160o" mark :smile:

Justa thought..

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLuvWallyWorld
Slack-jawedgawker

Loc: Midwest
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3716863 - 02/02/05 01:44 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

When I boil it's the last thing before bed and you can inoculate first thing in the morning. No temptation to do it early that way.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: LuvWallyWorld]
    #3716941 - 02/02/05 02:06 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If you try to force cool your PC you can cause water in your jars and substrate to steam out from the quick change in temperature. If you do it right and slo you can do it...A warm water bath would be best...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3716967 - 02/02/05 02:13 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I only add a few cubes at a time...when they stop disappearing right away, I really slow down. The water is still very warm at this point, and you can just drop a cube or two from that point on...if nothing else, it can be used to quickly drop from 210o to 160o without worrying about tuff temperature fluctuations.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3716975 - 02/02/05 02:15 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I take the jars out, shake em like fook and bung em in the freezer if I'm in a hurry.

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: Hambo]
    #3716989 - 02/02/05 02:17 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

See, that freezer jump can promote condensation can't it? And if you leave it in there too long, your water will come out of the substrate and turn to ice won't it?

--------------------
ADoobie said:

OfflineDuffmanooohyea
shroomapprentice
 User Gallery

Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: Hambo]
    #3717026 - 02/02/05 02:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

damm. why do you people make things so hard. i have done a bunch of grain 2 grians and needle incoulations. so far no contams and plenty of fruits. sometimes i let my pc sit for 2 or 3 days before i even open it. i only open it when im ready to inject or g2g. after pressure cooking if you dont open it it will stay sterile. if you open it 2 days later and there are wet spots or wet rot you know you fudged up. if you dont have the time to wait for it to cool, my best bet is you dont have the time to wait for it to fruit

--------------------
"Because you need me Springfield. Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals and rule you like a King!" Sideshow Bob

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: Duffmanooohyea]
    #3717040 - 02/02/05 02:30 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well...Well..

shit I don't have the energy to defend my ideas :smile:

--------------------
ADoobie said:

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3717181 - 02/02/05 03:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i think it's just people that are super excited about their grow (newbies). the same ones that check their jars too often. :smile:

i just let it sit in the PC overnight.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinefungis_eata
strangerrrr
Loc: neverland
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3717219 - 02/02/05 03:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"the same ones that check their jars too often. "

That would be me...

are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
are we there yet?
And then one day BAM!!! Cobweb!!!

:dead:

--------------------
As I held the dark syringe close to my ear I heard a small voice, "If you build it, they will grow." With a quick jab at each jar, I injected two cc's in each. Soon enough, I was chomping on the sexiest handfull of nipples I had ever seen. A tear ran down my face. I could feel their warm touch soothing my soul. It was so beautiful that all I knew to do was cry out with laughter. All the love I had shown them was returned with the most concentrated and potent form of love known to man.
great sex

OfflineHerbin_Legend
Stranger
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: fungis_eata]
    #3717427 - 02/02/05 04:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Just put the whole PC in cold water in the sink. Then remove the jars, and place them next to an open window. I have never had problems by doing this. I have noticed NO difference between waiting for them to cool naturally or cooling them manually.

--------------------
"nothing is fool proof for fools are ingenious and will find a way" - Prisoner #1

OfflineSpaceVox
 User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: Herbin_Legend]
    #3717482 - 02/02/05 04:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Why al that haste?? Just chill..:p

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3718144 - 02/02/05 09:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Some will tell you releasing the pressure fast will flash boil the water out of the grains, it probably does but Ive never had a problem with it.

Here's what I do. I quick release the pressure, then remove the jars and set them in my sink. I stopper the drain after 10 mins and fill the water to mid-jar. If you don't wait 10 mins the jars will crack. After about 20 mins of sitting in the cold water i dry them off and inoculate.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: SpaceVox]
    #3718371 - 02/02/05 11:37 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceVox said:
Why al that haste?? Just chill..:p

:thumbup:    Good call bro! A little patience goes a long way in this hobby.

InvisibleGlassOnion
Stranger
Loc: Antartica
Re: Why so hard to "cool off"? [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #3718672 - 02/02/05 01:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I don't understand why you guys are in such a hurry.. It doesnt take THAT long to cool.

Making the temperature of the pressure cooker change quickly can cause it to crack.. Not worth risking it if you ask me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation