Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Where do you get Rye Grain?
    #3716231 - 02/01/05 09:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm NOT looking for a website or online store. I was wondering where rye grain could be purchased. Is there a chain-type store that would carry it? I'm located in Florida.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where do you get Rye Grain? [Re: Frappy]
    #3716336 - 02/01/05 10:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Go around to local health food stores and feed stores. You'll have to find it yourself, it will be difficult to locate..its worth it though..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinefirsttimer101
Stranger
Re: Where do you get Rye Grain? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3716379 - 02/01/05 10:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I live in Toronto and even with a population of 4 million plus, rye grain was hard to find. I work at a supplement store and can tell you that your chances of finding rye at a health food store are slim to none. Your best bet is to find an organic grocery store. Even a small city usually has at least one organic grocers. They usually carry organic grains in bulk bins. The rye is cheap and plentiful! I pay $1.99 CAD per kilo, at 100 grams of rye per jar, this works out to 9 jars per kilogram. Don't even bother looking at regular grocery stores- you won't find it.

OfflineDubiousDuo
Enigmatic Catalyst
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Where do you get Rye Grain? [Re: firsttimer101]
    #3716477 - 02/01/05 10:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Whole Foods, a chain organic supermarket has rye,spel,wheat berries, millet,  quite the selection. just asking for experimentation :smile:

--------------------
It is easier to wear slippers,
Than to carpet the world

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3716487 - 02/01/05 10:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

We call organic grocery stores health food stores around here. Because they are filled with food, and its healthy. The chances are quite good at finding it in such health food stores, thats where I get mine. Often if you ask them you can order larger bags then what they have on the shelf too.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineDubiousDuo
Enigmatic Catalyst
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Where do you get Rye Grain? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3716509 - 02/01/05 10:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

scat- u ever use anything other than rye? it seems that there are alot of grains out there, if i were a mycelial network i would want a variety of grains rather than only one species. just a thought.

--------------------
It is easier to wear slippers,
Than to carpet the world

OfflineMadweed420shroom
Fuck You Cunt.

Loc: him name is hopkin green ...
Re: Where do you get Rye Grain? [Re: DubiousDuo]
    #3716595 - 02/01/05 10:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Funny...my local hippie organic shop sells bulk grains.  Rye is always "out" when I go there.  :lol:  Swear to god it's these covert shroomerites draining the rye grain stores.

--------------------
sadsappysucker said:
i want to ram my fat dick in hankys pooper

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3716693 - 02/01/05 11:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DubiousDuo said:
if i were a mycelial network i would want a variety of grains rather than only one species. just a thought.

Thats why I use a mix of about 60% rye, 20% WBS, 20% verm (eyeballed so its give or take on the percents). Straight rye does work wonders though...thats what I used up untill about 2 months ago with wonderful success. My main reasoning for not using straight rye is its a 1 hour drive both ways to the store to get it and I have to go once to order the bag and once to pick it up..4 hours to pay 27 (or was it 23, I forget) for 50 pounds of rye. The same amount of this mixture which costs less and takes less time to get (get rye less often) will produce about the same as straight rye. I havn't worked enough with the substrate yet to tell much...I've had some problems with other variables in my grow so I've been unable to fully judge...

I've seen flushes off popcorn, millet, and WBS (and some other whole grains) as nice as I do off rye..but I dont know how consistant that would be. IME with WBS and rye, rye is a much better consistant fruiter. WBS works fine for spawning though. A mixture works wonders too though..

This hobby is alot of hit and miss, trial and error. Results will vary from person to person, every substrate is different, different grains grown in different places, prepared differently, using a different substrain (almost every jar done is different from even your other jars and from everyone elses every jar which all theres are different from there own and yours, ect). I suggest trying things out and seeing what works best for you. It takes some time and I'm still working on it myself but I believe you are right in your way of thinking.

--------------------

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
    #3725917 - 02/03/05 05:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks! I found exactly what I needed at Whole Foods.

Offlinetaibensis
Stranger
Loc: Canada
    #4046675 - 04/12/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hey first,

i'm from the T. too. where do you get ur rye grain if u don't mind me asking. thanks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags