Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethe free thinker
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #3716047 - 02/01/05 11:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I was just messing around, a creative mood struck me and I just started typing. Nothing major, just a few things I've been considering recently. Anyway...

Live is for living. Not sleeping, not dying, not slacking. To sleep through life is to waste the only true gift you will receive. Live every moment in joy, looking not into the past, or the future, because these will only take you out of the moment, the Now. Now is all there is. As soon as a moment passes, a new one begins. Focusing on the current moment and remaining in the Present is one of the essential elements of an awakened mind. You may ask yourself, why not dwell on the past or future? The answer? Worry. Frustration you don't need. An individual who is at peace with himself has eliminated these worries and frustrations, he lives in gratitude.

Death is another funny concept. Death is perhaps the only thing that we know absolutely nothing about. Who knows what happens when we die? It could safely be said that no living man or woman knows what death is like. Why do people fear death? Simply because it's an unknown. People are scared of things they don't understand. For those who beleive in reincarnation, can you remember any of the past lives you had? Of course not. No one has any memory of before they were born, so is death really that bad? It is simply ceasing to exist. When there is no observer, there can be no observation, no perspective. Death is simply going back to the place we all came from, returning to the Source. One way to think of death, is to consider a raindrop falling from the sky, towards the Great Ocean below. The raindrop is you, your life, your existance. Death is when the raindrop hits the ocean. Although the water in the raindrop has not dissapeared, is it no longer a raindrop. It is simply part of the Ocean.

[Props to Chinacat for the Ocean analogy]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media