Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Air Pump

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Pan Cyans
    #3715613 - 02/01/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering which aspects of cube cultivation DO NOT apply to Pan Cyans. I understand they require dung and need much air exchange but I was specifically wondering about karo and grain to grain tranfers.

Will copelandia mycelium survive being shredded and put into a syringe from liquid culture? Will the shaking of G2G be an issue if you're gentle enough?

Lastly, has anyone gotten good results using the double tub tek or does it slow the evaporation rate down too low for proper pinning and growth?

Thanks for any info!

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pan Cyans [Re: mockeylock]
    #3716571 - 02/02/05 12:50 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Pans should syrvive shreading and liquid mycelium and g2g transfers.

What you'll need to relize though is the mycelium is usually weak to start with, especially if working from a multispore so you could definatly run into problems with contaminations due to not being so agressive and losing its aggressivness over time quicker through grain to grain transfers. Starting with a nice isolate on agar will help you and keeping as few transfers and generations will too. I dont have any specific info on pans for you so I hope this helps.

Also, the double tub tek probably wouldnt work so well. The biggest factor in pan cyan flushes is fresh air...the double tub teks main flaw is the minimal air exchange. Its enough for cubies but I doubt it would be enough for pans. Some sort of automated air exchange using an air pump or cool mist would be best.

Like I said, not so much experience with pans...thats all based on my research for them and my experience with Cubies and Tamps but hope it helps...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Pan Cyans [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3716740 - 02/02/05 01:17 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Like I said, not so much experience with pans...thats all based on my research for them and my experience with Cubies and Tamps but hope it helps...

Yeah, but you pretty much nailed it anyway.  :grin:
Basically, extra care is needed with the panaeolus species.
They can be more picky with environmental conditions, and are not very contamination resistant as compared to healthy cubensis. Mainly the weaker mycelium as stated above is the primary concern. The substrate and casing material must be properly prepared to minimize risks...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Air Pump

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation