Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineReeFuSEtoLose
Stranger

Getting B+ Strain mycellium, should i spawn some straw or stick to the caseings?
    #3715233 - 02/01/05 07:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

First off, I am a greenhorn when it comes to growing fungus i have used the great resources here on shroomery and have decided to buy some mycellium, i live in can. so i am able to buy it(not cheap though 150). My question is how significant will the total yeild be if i spawn some straw as a bulk substrate,compared to just caseing the mycellium?
P and T

--------------------
Peaze
---------------------------------------
even a broken clock is still right twice a day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Getting B+ Strain mycellium, should i spawn some straw or stick to the caseings? [Re: ReeFuSEtoLose]
    #3715292 - 02/01/05 07:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

forget buying mycelium. save yourself some money and make it yourself, it'll only put you back a couple weeks of waiting. try straw for sure. if you haven't grown mush yet do PF tek unless you really want to try straw.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting B+ Strain mycellium, should i spawn some straw or stick to the caseings? [Re: ReeFuSEtoLose]
    #3715300 - 02/01/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Have you done casings before?  You can expect quite a considerable haul from a straw project over casings, but I can't really spit out a number because there are too many variables and it's all relative, of course.

Straw is slightly more susceptible to contam than regular casings, but in my opinion if you got sterility with casings down, then straw will be a no brainer for you. 

Start from the beginning though if you haven't done anything yet-much more interesting and fun :thumbup:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineReeFuSEtoLose
Stranger

Re: Getting B+ Strain mycellium, should i spawn some straw or stick to the caseings? [Re: TODAY]
    #3715369 - 02/01/05 07:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
forget buying mycelium. save yourself some money and make it yourself, it'll only put you back a couple weeks of waiting. try straw for sure. if you haven't grown mush yet do PF tek unless you really want to try straw. [/quote

I would make it except that a pressure cooker in my neck of the woods will probably run me like 150, so it is easyer just to buy mycellium and skip the hassle.

--------------------
Peaze
---------------------------------------
even a broken clock is still right twice a day.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3716101 - 02/01/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yo, you want to use grains then right? you have no walmart or something? i got my 6 quart pc...fits 4 pint jars for $25 USD. if you are using BRF you only need a pot to boil the jars sterile...but i'm assuming you already knew that??

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix