Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Toilet Paper, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefungis_eata
strangerrrr
Loc: neverland
very unusual question
    #3714404 - 02/01/05 06:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I started 6 jars 3 and a half days ago with very bad starile procedure. Pretty much did everything short of shitting into them. I stabbed my finger all the way through with the needle, boiled it for like 20-30 minutes and filled the syringe again. after shooting my jars I put the bowl of substrate under my bed and left it there. The jars are in a tub in my closet. Oh yea, no glove box or anything. all in open air and I took my sweet ass time. I found some yummy green shit in the bowl of substrate under my bed today. Tastes like chicken! (just wanted to get a good look at what contams look and smell like so I grew my own!
I'm an impatient freak so I check my jars every few hours without washing my hands. My question is why the hell are my jars not contaminated yet? I didn't have any tyvek so I got some kind of large starile pad thing and put it over the dry verm. I also put a bandaid over the whole in the lid. Both are very shitty methods I know.
I'm sure half of you are thinking don't worry dumbass, the green will set in within a day or so. (probably true)
I'm seeing a small amount of white stuff growing all around all of my jars. (I shot 3 cc's in each jar with one large, dark F+ print for EACH syringe) Could this be the reason their doing ok?
fuckit i'm almost posative their gonna die soon.

--------------------
As I held the dark syringe close to my ear I heard a small voice, "If you build it, they will grow." With a quick jab at each jar, I injected two cc's in each. Soon enough, I was chomping on the sexiest handfull of nipples I had ever seen. A tear ran down my face. I could feel their warm touch soothing my soul. It was so beautiful that all I knew to do was cry out with laughter. All the love I had shown them was returned with the most concentrated and potent form of love known to man.
great sex

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: very unusual question [Re: fungis_eata]
    #3714582 - 02/01/05 07:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You are too paranoid.
If you are doing PF jars you don't need tyvek or any other filter.
Just substrate, a layer of dry vermiculite and a lid with 4 holes, or a few layers of aluminum foil.
If the spore suspension is clean, and the needle is clean, then it should work.

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: very unusual question [Re: Anno]
    #3714712 - 02/01/05 07:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thats what I do 2.

cakemix, then half , 3/4 inch of verm, alufoil with holes. Alufoil without holes loosely over that.
Had contam once, when I added water later on in the process it contammed I think.

But always clean teh syringe and needle very good.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: very unusual question [Re: Anno]
    #3715227 - 02/01/05 08:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You need to relax a bit lol. Chill man. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinefungis_eata
strangerrrr
Re: very unusual question [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3717029 - 02/02/05 02:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the words guys. Cobweb grows really fast! A few hours ago I saw a tiny bit of grey stuff in two of my jars so I isolated them. Now they have grown into some serious looking cobweb which is weird because I had green mold growing in the substrate bowl earlier. The cobweb must have come from somewhere else. I have a pretty good idea. I took the lid off my tub the day I started them and cut a big window in the top of it and glued some thick see through plastic over it. It still has a pretty strong oder so I'm thinkin thats where it came from.
I don't conciter this as a failure because I was pretty much planning on contams this run. Now I know what I need to change in my procedure for a nice grow next time around. who knows, I still have 4 jars but not a whole lot of growth. Once the smell from the glue dies out I'm going to start a whole new batch and possibly restart these 4 jars just because I'm sure they arent happy gettin high off those fumes all day.

Anno, that was short but very well put. I've read pf tek after pf tek and what you just said is all anyone should need to know.

Thanks again!
Jon

--------------------
As I held the dark syringe close to my ear I heard a small voice, "If you build it, they will grow." With a quick jab at each jar, I injected two cc's in each. Soon enough, I was chomping on the sexiest handfull of nipples I had ever seen. A tear ran down my face. I could feel their warm touch soothing my soul. It was so beautiful that all I knew to do was cry out with laughter. All the love I had shown them was returned with the most concentrated and potent form of love known to man.
great sex

Offlinefungis_eata
strangerrrr
    #3720038 - 02/02/05 06:28 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Alright guys, my jars have grown from cobweb looking to healthy looking rhyzo growth. has this ever been mistaken before? I'm still trying to figure out if this is good or bad. I'd post pics but my camera sucks and won't take a clear picture of it. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

--------------------
great sex

OfflineSporeDrinker
Stranger
    #3734161 - 02/05/05 06:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Man, you're complaining that you're NOT getting contams?! Well, I don't feel sorry for you.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Toilet Paper, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum