Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
How many of you meditate?
    #3714390 - 02/01/05 06:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Serious on the focussing of the chakra points, and achieving internal nirvana through the calming arts of yoga meditation?

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3714423 - 02/01/05 06:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I casually meditate but have never reached this level of ultimate nirvana some people speak of....Like some people I have talked to meditate for 10 hours straight and then see this blue swirling light that symbolizes the ultimate truth or something to human existence?!?!? or atleast Ive heard. There are places in India where they pretty much meditate 18 hours a day and sleep for 4 (2 reserved for eating or watever) since meditation is kinda inbetween sleeping and being awake I guess. Those people have claimed they can see though buiding and the layers of dimensions which sorround uis---the way he described it, sounded like seeing the work Matrix style. I usuallly jsut close my eyes, think, ponder and enjoy the light show;

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: How many of you meditate? *DELETED* [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3714424 - 02/01/05 06:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: blink]
    #3714437 - 02/01/05 06:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have started seriously getting into it just recently. I practice yoga at least 2X a week during lunch, followed by around 15 minutes of meditation. When I come out of it, I have the most peaceful feeling. I plan to do this for the rest of my life. I didn't realize how beneficial it could be.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: newusername222]
    #3714502 - 02/01/05 07:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i honestly havent taken too much time out for myself to meditate. i have been engaging in some personal astro and numerology trinity sequences that has been relieving, but definitely...i should take out more time for meditation and yoga at this rate. Its the slave wage.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #3714522 - 02/01/05 07:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ive been meditating for years now. althought i have been slacking recently im gonna change that soon.

i need it...ecspecially now...my emotions are going crazy.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinerunawayjim
Kickin'Crosstown

#3714523 - 02/01/05 07:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Lately Ive been experimenting with the many aspects of meditation.

It seems like through about an hour of meditation i can acheive a state which is very surreal. CEVs of all kind, sensations never felt before, new knowledge found; such as revelations and ideas (no drugs involved). Its very interesting to see what one can acheive from meditation. And as Supernova said, there is a beautiful peaceful feeling which can be gained.

I've also been lucid dreaming, and had some sort of OOBE which I have yet to figure out if it was a dream (Maybe I fell Asleep in Meditation; I doubt it though), or perhaps it was real.

There is also this very weirde phenomona which occurs every single night when I go to sleep. I could describe it but It would take a while, and its not really meditation. If anyone is interested though I'll type it up.

--------------------

...Free Your Mind And your ass will follow....
~funkadelic~

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3714553 - 02/01/05 07:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I used to meditate daily, but I have been lax, lately. I don't have a reason why, besides.... Well, it seems that I have no excuse, whatsoever. Hmm...I think that I will start doing this again. I need to excercise a little more, also. I am lazy alot, these days!! :thumbdown:I am usually active all the time. I don't know what my problem is... :confused:

--------------------

:murray:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: runawayjim]
    #3714566 - 02/01/05 07:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have also been dwelling into the realms of lucid dreaming, and mild interpretation.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3714572 - 02/01/05 07:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I really do try and make an effort to meditate. I can only go for 10 minutes at a time, but those few minutes really help me get my act together and clear my mind. I should make more of an effort to do it regularly though.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: MOTH]
    #3714575 - 02/01/05 07:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

heart math and such

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: MOTH]
    #3714586 - 02/01/05 07:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, my A.D.D. will not allow me to go for more than 20 or 30 minutes tops. I know that you will say that I am letting my mind control me, but I find it impossible to clear my mind for longer than this.  :shrug:

--------------------

:murray:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: blissedout]
    #3714595 - 02/01/05 07:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yes I also really have no excuse.  Before i go to work, most mornings i will sit out on the patio with orange juice and early morning deep breathing techniques and then a sunshine reading :smile:

But I need to take more physical time out for meditation :smile:

--------------------

Offlinerunawayjim
Kickin'Crosstown

#3714613 - 02/01/05 07:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I find it way too inconvinient to hold a schedule for when I decide to meditate. Its much more spontaneous, say I've had a rough few days and I need some sort of relaxant... Meditation!

I usually will head to my room (my sanctuary in a way), turn off the lights, all electronics (sometimes while meditating those buzzes and frequencies bug the hell out of me), and I let loose.

Every now and then though I find myself in a mindset which does not cooperate in all with meditation. In that case I sleep it off and hopefully Lucid Dream, which is possibly one of the most rewarding non-physical experiences I have ever done.

--------------------

...Free Your Mind And your ass will follow....
~funkadelic~

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#3714797 - 02/01/05 07:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I meditate and practice astral travel(although I've not been practising for a while now, which should change in the coming days.) I dont do yoga though, as my body is really inflexible I've always been shy to go to group practices to learn.

I also like to do some concentration and visualization exercises, they were given as exercises for astral travel, and I can say they help me a lot.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
    #3715053 - 02/01/05 08:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I must say, it is a daily ritual for me. I have to regulate myself so that I don't abuse it. I just use my own style instead of following strict guidlines like w/chakras and other religious methods. That really kills it for me.

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3715216 - 02/01/05 08:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

During my month away from the Shroomery, I started meditating quite a bit. It's a great of centering yourself and balancing out your emotions.

--------------------

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3715239 - 02/01/05 09:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Create order from chaos in the mind.

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: BanJankri]
    #3715289 - 02/01/05 09:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

what are the techniques you people use in meditating?

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: How many of you meditate? [Re: BanJankri]
    #3715348 - 02/01/05 09:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i like to use projection techniques alot, but i often use mantras...or sometimes i just meditate myself to sleep.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub