Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehobojonny16
Stranger
 User Gallery
Growth stoping
    #3714155 - 02/01/05 04:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've have been trying to grow mushrooms for a little while now and seem to keep running into problems. I was able to grow mushrooms the first time around but they quickly got infected by green mold before i was able to enjoy them. I tried growing them again but the jars seemed to stop growing, with out knowing what to do after almost 4 weeks went by and the jars did not completely colonize i tried again. this time i did not use the PF tek instead i used popcorn, the popcorn is doing well now but i have hit the same problem again. It's been two weeks now and one of the jars looks done but the others seem to have stopped growing(the same problem i had the last two times). this time I?ve decided not to do anything stupid like try to case them again before they are done but i can't seem to find anything on jars that have stopped growing before being fully colonized. I believe that the reason they first got contaminated was because of premature casing. Help!!!!  :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Growth stoping [Re: hobojonny16]
    #3714515 - 02/01/05 05:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Can your jars breathe?

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleThe One
Mr Shroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Growth stoping [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3714545 - 02/01/05 05:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Growth does tend to stop, but don't worry this is normal.  But as InvisibleLouiseLouise said  can your jars breath?  If you have tape over the holes on your jar take it off this will speed up the grow a bit. :smile:

--------------------

Trade List

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
Re: Growth stoping [Re: hobojonny16]
    #3714562 - 02/01/05 05:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've had a few jars get infected w/wet mold and stop growing. Have they gotten cold? The only other thing I can think of is that they might not be getting any air.

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

Offlinehobojonny16
Stranger
 User Gallery
thank you... one more problem. [Re: mikl]
    #3719043 - 02/02/05 12:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you for the advice... i have polyfill on the lids now, I'll just open them a bit and give them fresh oxygen. If any one could help me out on the topic of using straw and compost for casing i would be greatfull. I want to one day do bulk cultivation but for now I'm looking only to practice with straw/compost on small levels till I'm sure i have it down. My problem lies with ratios of straw to compost... i can't seem to find any exact amounts anywhere

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies