Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
The Age of Enlightenment is at Hand
    #3711248 - 02/01/05 12:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Mind you, it will never actually arrive as it is always j-u-s-t around the corner.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (02/02/05 12:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: Swami]
    #3711301 - 02/01/05 12:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Because there is no such thing as enlightenment as a final state of being. The universe and first light is expanding faster then anyone will ever be able to keep up with it.

We haven't caught up with this universe yet and even if it started contracting and we were able to, where did all the light sucked up into black wholes go and what became of it?

Good luck to anyone on the path of enlightenment and if you think you have already attained it, where does that light go and what becomes of it?

I know the drill, someone will tell me that someone who is enlightened doesn't care about such things. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3711315 - 02/01/05 12:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Methinks you misunderstood my intention. Substitute "New Age" or "Age of Aquarious" or some other meaningful phrase that harkens an era a greater understanding and wisdom.

What I mean is that after 2012, like all the other prophetic dates throughout history, nothing will have really changed and a new date will be held up as a carrot of hope.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3711375 - 02/01/05 12:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh, that old horse.  :shrug:

I'm in my own little heaven, but I decided not to wait for something to create it for me. Those who are waiting for something to make change for them are in for a long wait.

I suggest they try a bank Teller to speed it up. Even then, you have to go to the bank, give them a dollar and ask for four quarters and then accept the change you asked for. They don't just walk in your door uninvited and break your $100s for you before you go to the arcade.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3711626 - 02/01/05 02:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the other thing which has been j-u-s-t around the corner for a long time is total global environmental collapse. in the early 70s, for example, they thought that any year now the oceans will all just die, there'd be a red tide everywhere as evil, bad-tempered algae of the wrong variety bloomed on every coast, choking off the bluee-green algae that makes our atmosphere breathable.

of course, when I say "they thought" I mean "some of them thought", just as today, only some scientists think climate change is a real issue which concerns us

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3711862 - 02/01/05 04:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"of course, when I say "they thought" I mean "some of them thought", just as today, only some scientists think climate change is a real issue which concerns us"

God your ignorant. "only some scientists..." Good lord your a little backwards its more like; only some scientists think that its nothing to worry about, and oh yea, they are on the payroll of oil comapanies. Global warming is real, whether or not it will lead to as you put it "global collapse" is not known. What is known that at some point the ice caps melt, after that the gulf stream shuts down, Europe becomes an annex of Russia as the temps drop, Glaciers melt and rivers run dry, rainforests die, deserts expand, and there wont be enough food to go around.

Like i said we dont know for sure when that happens, but it CAN. In the Himalayan Mts. Glaciers are visibly smaller than 50years ago. THere is grass growing on Antartica for the first time, the Ozone is thinning at the NORTH pole, and temps have gone up 3.1 degrees since measurements began to be taken in the early 1800's.

We dont know if this is a natural swing of the planet or not(i wouldn't doubt that its part of it), but all the fossil fuels we burn sure dont help it, and what if our little contributations to air pollution are just enough to push the earth out of balance? We simply dont know, adn that is all the more reason to err on the side of caution. WHY RISK IT?

peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: blaze2]
    #3711952 - 02/01/05 05:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Mankind continually becomes more enlightened. It is a slow, but steady progress. Daily our world pushes the frontiers of knowledge further out. Will man ever achieve spiritual enlightenment? No, because it doesn't exist. The path to enlightenment is a true path, but it never comes to an end. It is a journey, not a destination.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinerepemon
journeyman
Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3712056 - 02/01/05 05:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

When there is enough acid/shroomheads in the world, the balance will turn for the good :smile:

Good > Bad , and I guess and hope most of us can make the distinction.

Like Huehuecoyotl said though, it will be a slow process :smile:
Luckily, the world can turn for the much better even if most people were not "enlightened".

--------------------
- When the time stops, evil ones will be pointed out for all to see.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3712074 - 02/01/05 05:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Others are stifled by external suffering. I contend that there is no such thing as happiness/sadness, only temporary reactions to objectual outcomes. The standard emotion is emptiness, it waits for an event, then you choose the emotion to respond to th event.

How would you bring solace to someone who is in jail for 18 years to life for self-defense from a mob? Of course you could just go ahead and say yin-yangy-like stuff, which basically equates to empty filler.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (02/01/05 06:06 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: psyka]
    #3712112 - 02/01/05 06:27 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think it is being called the age of re-enlightenment
people are actually beginning to put their money where their mouths are.
bad companies are being boycotted
meaningful ecological and sociological decisions are being made by people on their own (with their wallets and hearts) and as a disorganized global awakenning -
except for the 3rd world, and of course most of middle america.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3713316 - 02/01/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Methinks you misunderstood my intention. Substitute "New Age" or "Age of Aquarious" or some other meaningful phrase that harkens an era a greater understanding and wisdom.

What I mean is that after 2012, like all the other prophetic dates throughout history, nothing will have really changed and a new date will be held up as a carrot of hope.

like we measure, earths rotation around the sun,
the Mayans, measured, the rotation of our universe around the universe. (witsh 'of course' includes earts rotation round the sun)

2012, is the end and the beginning of a new rotation.
like our end of a year rotation, is the beginning of a new rotation.

its like a Mayan Happy New 'rotation'!
compared to our Happy New year?

sub note: this rotation of the universe around the universe. as i so crudely called it, is more like  an imaginary, :wink: earth that spins around the sun, whilst the sun spin around the earth.  :sun:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (02/01/05 12:01 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: psyka]
    #3713476 - 02/01/05 12:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

psyka,

What I am talking about here is a change of perception that sees the external reality differently. Choosing to see the beauty in the ugly, the good in the bad and the right in the wrong is all it takes to see heaven out there and be in it. No one is going to make these choices for anyone.

If you choose to always see bad, wrong and ugly, and be in fear instead of love, It wouldn't suprise me if you found your ass in jail for real, because you already were imprisoned in your mind. Become free in your mind, let go and let love flow in and see the good beauty and right in it all and it doesn't matter where you are because it will be like heaven even if it looks like hell to someone else who sees the bad wrong and ugly and is in fear.

For people who choose not to get in touch with their emotions, how would they even know if they are in fear or love or be able to make a change if they wanted too.

For people running around on auto pilot, how would they even know what perception they view the world in until they get cognitive and become vigilant of their thoughts and start making conscious chooses of how to view things to make a change.

Swami, this age stuff is all subtle which is why it's easy to miss and be dismissed in the day to day yet if you look at the big picture, its quite clear.

This has been the age of masculine domination and the mental body, the one before this was female domination matriarchs and the physical body, the one coming is of balance between the polarities and of the emotional body.

These ages are just subtley influenced and take a long time to transition and even then transitions are not full within any age because they are just influenced.

You can be under the influence to smoke pot or take ball room dancing but you still have a choice to take action to become engaged with the influence or not.

This particular age being influenced for a balancing of the masculine and feminine polarities and an emphasis on the emotional body is the underlying catalyst for bringing about the peace, harmony, equanimity and compassion people are predicting.

The transitioning has already been in the works, slowly and will continue on 100s of years past 2012. Women are coming into more equality and men are realizing that its okay to be embrace their feminine side as well.

Things like emotional IQs are being brought into play and people are feeling more with compassion actively engaging in humanitarian efforts like never before.

You can say this is all a part of natural evolution and it being subtly influenced over long transitional periods is a part of that nature.

It's not evident unless you look at the big picture of the ages and human evolution. Then you can see it, yet their are exceptions to be found because these are just influences and minorities within the whole choose not to be influenced by them.

Just my current view on all this.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: blaze2]
    #3713531 - 02/01/05 12:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blaze2 said:
"of course, when I say "they thought" I mean "some of them thought", just as today, only some scientists think climate change is a real issue which concerns us"

God your ignorant. "only some scientists..." Good lord your a little backwards its more like;

peace

well I guess saying 'peace' helped to pacify me after you called me ignorant and backwards. did I state anywhere which side I'm on? no. but you seem to know which... ah whatever. I just wish people would read things more carefully, and not intentionally misinterpret things so that they can segue into big rants about stuff. of course global climate change is an important issue, tiny grasshopper

(speaking of ignorance, meaning lacking in certain facts, both times you wrote 'your' you meant 'you're')

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #3713628 - 02/01/05 01:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You mean like... worldwide enlightenment?
Hows that really possible.  Theres 6+ billion individuals running around this planet.
Some cultures are more enlightened than others.  Some individuals within cultures are more enlightened than the rest of their culture.
Some people were enlightened thousands of years ago.

It just seems like a hard thing to measure, ya know?  :shrug:

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: Great Scott]
    #3713639 - 02/01/05 01:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

seems like a hard thing to measure

but we'll all know when the moment arrives, because it will pulse through us like a huge wave, and we'll turn into beings of pure light, and the only sound we'll hear will be "AUMMMMMMMM"

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3713827 - 02/01/05 02:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Choosing to see the beauty in the ugly...

If I get really drunk on tequila and that fat, homely chick at the bar starts looking really good to me, am I moving towards a higher perception?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3713883 - 02/01/05 02:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Of course. There are many people here who claim that a drug induced state is spiritual completely in and of itself. If you were sober such an act of altruism would never have been performed. Such a blatant demonstration of your love to another human would never have occurred.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #3717132 - 02/02/05 12:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Mind you, it will never actually arrive as it is always j-u-s-t around the corner.

:thumbup:

you could say that humans and enlightenment have an asymptotic relationship

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3718221 - 02/02/05 08:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

We are always being enlightened day by day with each new experience we have we have some type of change. Even if it is only little change. Though the whole 2012 idea may be someone's idea just to change a whole bunch of people's minds doesn't mean that there will not be change at, before, and around 2012.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Age of Enlightnement is at Hand [Re: Droz]
    #3718250 - 02/02/05 08:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yes, my old teacher frequently told a new group that the end of the world was tonight to get them better motivated to meditate

such a perspective draws the mind into a kind of readiness
but it's just silly too, one really does need an adaptive sense of humor

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale