Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethedude100
Stranger
Question about first time trip
    #3709156 - 01/31/05 06:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Me and three other people are going to split a quarter of possibly psilocybe cubensis. This is about 2.3 g per person so I wanted to know if this is good for a first trip, and what the effects will be. This is a fairly low dose so I want to know if I will get any visuals at all.

Edit: I think we have decided to eat about 2.5g then have more if were feeling good (up to 3.5g each). What I would like to know is if this is too much and will we get more intense visuals than 2.5? Also, Does anyone know any good tripping songs? (preferrably something like 60-70's rock or jam) Thanks

Edited by thedude100 (02/03/05 05:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Question about first time trip [Re: thedude100]
    #3709219 - 01/31/05 06:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It is a low dose, if it is in fact cubensis. You may get minor visuals, but most likely nothing totally alien and out of this world.

2.3g is an excellent dose for a first trip. It'll let you see what mushrooms have to offer, without being overwhelming. You can always up your dose on future trips.

Welcome to the Shroomery! :sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Question about first time trip [Re: dblaney]
    #3709290 - 01/31/05 06:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That's a good dose for a first time. You'll only get minor visuals but they'll seem pretty crazy to a first time user. Probably walls breathing and swirling, geometric patterns on the ceiling, colors glowing like mad. Should be fun. Good luck  :thumbup: :grin:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3709299 - 01/31/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

and you'll learn that mushrooms have a hell of a lot more to offer than visuals.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinethedude100
Stranger
Re: Question about first time trip [Re: gdman]
    #3709311 - 01/31/05 06:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, I know that visuals are just kind of like a side effect or whatever but it would be nice to have some. Oh yea by the way, well be tripping in the forsest. I've heard thats fun by some people but scary by others, do yall think it would be a good idea?

Edited by thedude100 (01/31/05 06:28 PM)

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #3709341 - 01/31/05 06:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Side effect? Nah man, its the funner side of mushrooms, its just that the visuals aren't to intense unless your on a higher dose, and then you might be to out of it to enjoy them. Visuals are what Acid is for.

I think tripping in the woods is a good idea, nature is the ultimate trip toy. Just make sure your not to far from home just in case it gets a little over whelming out there!

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Question about first time trip [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3709763 - 01/31/05 07:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Acid is much, much more than visuals as well........and forests are great places to trip. Enjoy, and welcome.  :peace: :tongue2:

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3709998 - 01/31/05 08:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't mean aside effect, I ment.. you'll see.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Question about first time trip [Re: gdman]
    #3710233 - 01/31/05 08:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

2.3 grams should be a pretty nice taste, help you find out if you can handle more or not.

you might get some visuals, probly nothing really magical, try not to focus on them, let the drug take over and show you what its going to show you.

visuals usually arent the best part of the trip anyway...

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3711419 - 02/01/05 01:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thedude100 said:
Me and three other people are going to split a quarter of possibly psilocybe cubensis. This is about 2.3 g per person so I wanted to know if this is good for a first trip, and what the effects will be. This is a fairly low dose so I want to know if I will get any visuals at all.

you and 3 other people...so 4 total? if you split a quarter it will be 1.75 grams each, not 2.3...i took 1.75, or half an eighth, my first time and tripped pretty hard. you will probably get some effects, but most likely not much visuals..who knows though :mushroom2:

OfflineMegaloMello
potatoe.

Re: Question about first time trip [Re: Hendostan]
    #3712599 - 02/01/05 09:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm...I ate 3g my first time, and enjoyed it immensely. But visuals were minimal...mostly just seeing intricate patterns in stuff...esp. carpet. MMM...carpet :smile:

Shit, at one point I found it impossible to conceive of what exactly "death" or "sex" was and why they were such huge factors in life...hehee..."What is genitalia, and what purpose does it serve?"

CEVs were interesting...
At one point, a friend was giving me a massage and it must have been one of the weirdest sensations of my whole life. It seemed to be molding my CEVs to the sensations. I felt like we were 2 beings becoming one, like I was being leeched on, and the visuals suggested this...like insects and tentacles, all feeding off of one another. Weird, weird feeling. Gotta love it.

--------------------
ride...

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Question about first time trip [Re: MegaloMello]
    #3713286 - 02/01/05 11:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

has anybody you know tried them yet?
ive had cubies that people were splitting an 1/8 four ways and tripping balls, but ive also had cubies that it took a whole quarter to get off, it all depends on the strength.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinethedude100
Stranger
Re: Question about first time trip [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3725803 - 02/03/05 05:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I needed to edit that

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate