Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
help me
    #3709206 - 01/31/05 06:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am not a "religious" person by any means but after doing extensive research on drugs and several personal experiences I have come to accept that there is something else out there...I do consider myself somewhat spiritual, but not religious. I want to learn about life and it seems that lately I have been getting a call from the mushroom. Unfortunately I dont have or know anybody that has any shrooms, but I realize that they will come to me at the right time...though I still actively seek them out. I have done 1/2 hit of acid before which did not do much but give me a SMALL glimpse of altered states. I regularly smoke weed and was worried for awhile that I was addicted to it, but lately I've come to realize that while I indulge in pot quite often it is a tool, not a drug. It only takes me so far though. It leaves me yearning for more. These are the only drugs I have done to date with the exception of a low DXM dose(a drug I do not really respect), 100 morning glory seeds which did not have an effect, and 2 hawaiin baby woodrose seeds which also had no effect. I seek to learn about shamanism and philosophy. Does anybody know of any good books or things that I can read to help me on my journey? Im not a big reader and in fact usually hate it because I dont understand most of the stuff that I read, but Im still eager to learn more. Lately after becoming obsessed with the Doors and Jim Morrison and seeing the movie I've learned the importance of shamanism. While I understand that he may not have been a shaman I think he had great insight into other worlds. Just seeing that desert scene in the movie The Doors made me realize the importance of a spiritual guide. Morrisson was guiding the other 3 members through their personal problems during the trip. I would love to be able to achieve that type of understanding. So yea, does anybody have anything that they recommend I read about shamanism, or anything about meditation and other ways to get in touch with the world? Thanks everyone!

PS I've checked out the S&P guide.

Edited by punkgod94 (01/31/05 06:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: help me [Re: punkgod94]
    #3709314 - 01/31/05 06:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I just added a few links to shamanism in the S&P guide.. check it out

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: help me [Re: Shroomism]
    #3709330 - 01/31/05 06:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"To get in touch, with the world, be in tuch."
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
Re: help me [Re: Shroomism]
    #3709331 - 01/31/05 06:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thanks very much, Im checking them out now!

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3709600 - 01/31/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

For good general info on shamanism read "Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstacy" by Eliade and "The Way of the Shaman" by Mike Harner to get started. These give a good intro to what shamanism is.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3712069 - 02/01/05 05:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Not to touch the Earth."
"Not to see the Sun."

Chapter LX - Between Heaven and Earth
From The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion by Sir James George Frazer

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: help me [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3712143 - 02/01/05 07:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Check out these books,
"The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" by Tom Wolfe
"The Yaqui Way of Knowledge" by Carlos Castaneda
a lot of people have found that ALL drugs can only take you so far. Not just pot. I tend to agree (although I still use psychotropic plants and fungi on occassion) because you cannot stay high all the time. When the day comes that I no longer need drugs to open the "doors" of perception in my mind, I'll be sooo happy. Enjoy your learning...

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: help me [Re: Woland]
    #3727435 - 02/03/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, but, I read Wolfe's book in 1972 and Casteneda's book the same year. Eventually, I read all but the last of Casteneda's books as they came out. At least Wolfe's book was true, but, Casteneda's books appeared when many of us were seeking meaning and 'teachings.' They were thrilling!

You are correct that one cannot stay under the influence of substances constantly - and live very long or very healthily. That is not the goal anyway. I gave up cannabis about 10 or 12 years after starting (New Years Eve 1969). Alan Watts used to say 'when you get the message, hang up the phone. 'If I want a buzz, a few hits of Passion Flower in my old wooden hash pipe works well enough, and at $1.25 an oz. the buzz is even more laughable (but...if you're synapses are still monopolized by THC you'll have to clean out before you can experience it. There are other inexpensive options as well BTW).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: help me [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3728227 - 02/03/05 11:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how clean out THC from synapses?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3728280 - 02/03/05 11:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just a reminder:

And you can ignore me if you want:

If you post paragraphs that are longer than 2 or 3 sentences, I am not reading them. Hurts my brain and I only come here for fun, not to have my brain hurt.

And in the past, other people have proclaimed the same thing. Too many sentences in one paragraph can shut down comprehension.

Please, if you post, if you want you post to be read by EVERYONE, divide the post up into 2 or 3 sentences per paragraph.

This is not a big deal and is not meant to insult anyone. If anyone should be insulted, it should be me because I have a difficult time with large paragrpahs.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: help me [Re: Frog]
    #3728297 - 02/03/05 11:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, arrange your ideas such that common themes are lumped together into groups. just take those extra three minutes, arrange your ideas. for me and frog. please

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: help me [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3729142 - 02/04/05 05:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Stop using cannabis. Drink lots of water (even though the THC is fat soluble, it will eventually be displaced and cleansing the cellular waste helps).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder