Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland
    #3708567 - 01/31/05 06:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Has anyone heard about this? You supposed to start (I think this is the right album) dark side of the moon just as the lion finished roaring the first time you see him. They are meant to be synchronised some how. Anyone heard of this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBadCraziness
Shroomologist

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: trippingchef]
    #3708643 - 01/31/05 06:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Wizard of Oz. Yeah it's true I tried it about two weeks ago.

--------------------
Any more of that talk and I'll put the fucking leeches on you, understand?

*** Atenci?n: Si eres un narco soy un mentiroso. ***

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: trippingchef]
    #3708648 - 01/31/05 06:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yea Iv heard of it...but it would be interesting to get a heads up

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: balls]
    #3708998 - 01/31/05 07:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lets see here ive done DSOTM and The Wall with Alic in Wonderland, i cant remember the best place to start it but its not the lion, try finding a cool Speak to Me/Breathe transition and let it play.

DSOTM with the Wizard of Oz is absolutely beautiful, and of course it is the third roar, but you have to have the black and white version. if you have the remastered version of Wizard of Oz(it has a yellow tint to the black and white) you will have to pause the cd during Time for approx. 1.5 seconds then hit play again

ive done several several synchs if anyone has any questions hit me up.

The next best Floyd synch is Ummagumma with Akira, start Ummagumma when the first logo thing pops up (i cant remember what its called. the first track should hit in right when the nuke blows up.)

2001 a Space Oddysey: Jupiter and Beyond goes absolutely perfectly with Echoes off Meddle.

--------------------
Shine On,           

Edited by acoostick (01/31/05 07:44 PM)

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: acoostick]
    #3709051 - 01/31/05 07:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The best is Floyd's Echoes synched with Space Oddysey.

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: newusername222]
    #3709249 - 01/31/05 08:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hell yea the best part is about halfway through echoes when it switches over, during the movie the dude is goinn through hyperspace and the colors all the sudden chillout and flow even more with the song.. ahhh... good stuff

--------------------
Shine On,           

Offlinewharfrat12
Stronger thanDirt

Loc: Sinking beneath the water...
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: acoostick]
    #3709732 - 01/31/05 09:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

theres a cinema in toronto that synches up the two for a show about once a month. its great tons of ppl show up and the place becomes totally hot boxed haha good times

--------------------

"Tell me the cost, I can pay let me go, tell me love is not lost.
Sell everything, without love day to day insanity's king."

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: wharfrat12]
    #3709752 - 01/31/05 09:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah ive synched up alice in wonderland with dsotm, i just started it right when the movie started, the opening credits that its. quite a few interesting syncros, but NOTHING like wizard of oz with dsotm, and echoes with space oddysey is very cool also, the end was what blew my mind, you should be able to d/l it if you have winmx. just type in "pink floyd" and search for videos

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3709865 - 01/31/05 09:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

kazaa has the Dark side of the moon with Wizard of Oz. i did it by hand with the dvd personally. it was pretty wicked.

Offlinekr0nikaldro420
Stranger
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: JTHM]
    #3714549 - 02/01/05 07:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ok what movie is echoes synchronized too and how do you synchronize it?

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: kr0nikaldro420]
    #3714596 - 02/01/05 07:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Here's the best explanation I've seen: "The set up is very simple: pause 2001 just before the title frame for "Jupiter & Beyond the Infinite," pause Meddle at the beginning of "Echoes," and unpause both audio and video at the same time. The beginning of the title frame should corresponds exactly with the first "ping" of "Echoes." Some verteran synchers also believe that placing this initial ping a second or two before the appearance of the JaBtI title brings slightly better results. In either case, "Echoes" and the 2001 movie as a whole should essentially end at exactly the same time."

For other Floyd synchs, see:

http://community-2.webtv.net/Dreamx/SYNCHRONICITIESof/

Offlinewhaaat
Lost

Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: newusername222]
    #3716946 - 02/02/05 02:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

supernova said: Some verteran synchers also believe that placing this initial ping a second or two before the appearance of the JaBtI title brings slightly better results. In either case, "Echoes" and the 2001 movie as a whole should essentially end at exactly the same time.

That's what I do. Count one-one thousand, two-one thousand, then unpause Echoes.

Alice In Wonderland matches up pretty well with The Wall, I start it maybe 5-10 seconds after the theme song starts up. If you have it right, the baby cries on the soundtrack when Alice's cat jumps into her arms and she cradles it like a baby. You have to skip Comfortably Numb for this one to work, but there's some pretty cool coincidences (the two Trials match up, for instance). The Wall's one of my least favourite Floyd albums, though, too fricken depressing.

Another good one is Meddle album with Fantasia. Program your CD player 6 1 2 3 4 5 and start Echoes when the first lines of animation start to appear onscreen. In the song One Of These Days, the line "one of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces" occurs as Mickey takes the axe to the posessed mop. It falls apart after a while, so turn it off whenever you get bored. You can also start Echoes from when the screen first turns blue, it matches up with the first piece of animation better, with the "inviting me to rise" line happening when the little fairies are waking up, but the One Of These Days synch is stronger, IMHO.

Also, for Darkside/Oz, if you pause your CD for approx 13.5 seconds between playthroughs, there are some amazing synchs as the album starts.

First, as the heartbeat first starts to come in, you see the characters perk up their ears, as if they can just barely hear it. As the tinman walks to the yellow brick road, the mechanical noises of Speak To Me appear to come from him. As he walks, stumbles, you hear the scream, and he starts dancing right when Breathe kicks in. I saw this in a theatre full of stoned people, and this coincidence got the biggest reaction out of the crowd. If you do it right, not only does the tinman appear to dance to the beat, but when he does the leaning thing, it's in time with Gilmour's slide guitar, first one way as he bends the notes up, then the other as he bends them down. You absolutely have to see this one to believe it, but it's well worth checking out. 13.5 seconds, you won't regret it.

Oh yeah, and another cool synch I tweaked from a submission at the Synchronicity Arkive (I used the old VHS, so it might need a further tweak for the new DVD edition, as they added a couple of shots at the end) is the last hour or so of Return of the Jedi (Special Edition) with Radiohead's OK Computer. Get it paused and ready to go, and just before Luke turns himself in to Vader, when he's talking with Leiah, she says: "you have a power that I can't understand" start the CD at this point, and the end of Lucky should coincide with the end of the film, and The Tourist plays over the credits.

Enjoy!

--------------------
"We dont deliberately try and make everything come out like that [space oriented]. It just works out that things happen that way. We all read science fiction and groove to '2001'; its all very good. But some of our things happen completely accidentally."
-David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: whaaat]
    #3718542 - 02/02/05 12:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

That Ummagumma Akira synch is great.
Goes too good with the bomb.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: mecreateme]
    #3718617 - 02/02/05 12:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"First, as the heartbeat first starts to come in, you see the characters perk up their ears, as if they can just barely hear it. As the tinman walks to the yellow brick road, the mechanical noises of Speak To Me appear to come from him. As he walks, stumbles, you hear the scream, and he starts dancing right when Breathe kicks in. I saw this in a theatre full of stoned people, and this coincidence got the biggest reaction out of the crowd. If you do it right, not only does the tinman appear to dance to the beat, but when he does the leaning thing, it's in time with Gilmour's slide guitar, first one way as he bends the notes up, then the other as he bends them down. You absolutely have to see this one to believe it, but it's well worth checking out. 13.5 seconds, you won't regret it."

Yeah ive seen this, i have a dvd thats darkside of oz, and there are many wonderful synchros. I think that depending on the cd player, you may not have to pause the cd, as they all have varying speeds to restart the cd. The version i have, the tin mans leg gets stuck, and right as he slaps it, breathe kicks in, and he does the swaying and what not to the music.

immediately after that part, when they are going through the forest and are about to meet the lion, the sound of "helicopters" goes overhead, and the three of them cower down right as it gets most intense, then they skip to the beat of the music. Its really amazing to watch, blows my mind every time.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3718879 - 02/02/05 01:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

this site had just about everything you will need for music/movie synths

http://www.synchronicityarkive.com/search2.php?show=complete

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: guri]
    #3719490 - 02/02/05 04:33 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The OZ show in Toronto is sweet. You have to find a good spot with good people though. There's so many drunk teenagers on coke :rolleyes:.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: Heffy]
    #3719742 - 02/02/05 05:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

about darkside of the rainbow, this is the best site for that - http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/secret_deflist.htm - this part of the site just oges to show how far deep the synch really is, check it out.

the synching ship website has alot off other synchs

--------------------
Shine On,           

Offlinewhaaat
Lost

Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: Heffy]
    #3721243 - 02/02/05 10:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
The OZ show in Toronto is sweet. You have to find a good spot with good people though. There's so many drunk teenagers on coke :rolleyes:.

Agreed.  I like to sit up front so the screen fills up my whole field of vision.  Last time I went there were two girls sitting behind us (on E?) that wouldn't STFU.

--------------------
"We dont deliberately try and make everything come out like that [space oriented]. It just works out that things happen that way. We all read science fiction and groove to '2001'; its all very good. But some of our things happen completely accidentally."
-David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Re: Pink Floyd and Alice in Woderland [Re: whaaat]
    #3721516 - 02/02/05 10:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

im a huge Floyd fanatic and chilled with the dudes who designed the laser light show and dude Dave made the program with all the trippy colors and characters of the wizard of Oz form to every note of DSOTM.

the laser light show is incredible

he also will sell me some shit thats "music playing machines" some genius makes these trippy dvds where the music plays these trippy machine instruments, it is very sweet and very trippy. <<<<< dude Dave will sell those dvds cheap if anyone wants some crazy "music playing machines" dvd pm me.

--------------------
Shine On,           

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Pink Floyd

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience