Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineoceansign
Stranger
Loc: boulder co.
large grow chamber
    #3708436 - 01/31/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

hey i would like to know if anybody out there has a good designe for a bulk grow chamber that will only take up half a average size bedroom. the best way to humidifie and heat so i can friute a dozen or so casings

--------------------
lives of great men all remind us that we may live our lives sublime

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: large grow chamber [Re: oceansign]
    #3708450 - 01/31/05 06:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery and to the pub. However, I bet this can best be answered by the folks in the cultivation forum.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: large grow chamber [Re: newusername222]
    #3708463 - 01/31/05 06:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wrong forum, try mushroom cultivation.  Please read the beginner teks and use the search functions, along with the grow tabs at top. :rolleyes:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleTYL3R
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chico
    #3708464 - 01/31/05 06:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

supernova said:
Welcome to the shroomery and to the pub.  However, I bet this can best be answered by the folks in the cultivation forum.

:wink::thumbup:

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3708474 - 01/31/05 06:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ask here or here
Or hell someone here may have the answer ya just never know about us pubbers !!!!!

Welcome to the shroomery and welcome to the Pub bro .... Hope you have a good one.

~~ JJ :gd_icon: :heart: Shine On

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: large grow chamber [Re: JettaJay]
    #3708564 - 01/31/05 06:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i live like 15 minutes from boulder colorado

Offlineblankman
Stranger

Re: large grow chamber [Re: JTHM]
    #3709354 - 01/31/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I saw this guy's set up once, its been a few years ago, back in college, anyway, it took up a big chunk of his bedroom, it was a pretty small room though, I don't recall how many square feet maybe like 400 or something, but the set up was big you see, not your usual dinky little thing. And that's about all I can recall.

Oh yeah, also he had built shelves in the room and stacked some plastic rubbermaid storage containers on them. He had like 10 total, and they all had about 1.5" of wet perlite in the bottom of them for humidification. Also he had cut a hole in each end of the tubs and connected them to each other with some clear plastic hose, so that they were all connected together like a big chain, and everything was sealed up air tight. That way when it was time to fan them so they would get fresh air he didn?t have to take the lids off of 10 different containers and fan each one. That would have been a pain in the ass to do everyday. All he had to do was open an outlet on the top container and then hook his vacuum cleaner up to an outlet on the bottom container and let it run for a couple of minutes. That way it would suck the old air out of the chain and replace it with new. That seemed like a pretty smart way to fruit a lot of casings at once.

--------------------
Don't sweat the petty stuff... Pet the sweaty stuff.

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
Re: large grow chamber [Re: oceansign]
    #3712164 - 02/01/05 09:26 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

most bedrooms are anywhere from 150 to 300 square feet.

A dozen or so casings can probably be taken care of pretty well in your average sized "martha" chamber. Just do a search for martha and read any of the hundreds of posts that come up, particularly ones by magash. No real need to do any demo/remod work in your bedroom for that much.

But if you ever want to do lots of straw logs on shelves, then I could see why you might want to take up half of the room. Build lots of metal shelves (not wood!) and make plastic tents for them out of poly sheeting (think paint section of lowes/home depot). The edges can be heat welded together and covered with tape for an air tight seal. Or you could potentially frame a tiny little room out of 2x2 and staple up the poly sheeting inside the wood frame (so that no actual wood is in the room itself) and seal the edges with silicon. Don't forget to frame out an entry. Then you'll need a big HEPA filter blowing air into the room to maintain a positive pressure to keep the nasties out. Heating something like this would best be done with radiant heat as opposed to forced air heat. That would keep it from drying things out too much. As for humidification, I would look at places that sold supplies for amateur orchid growers. They'd probably have good heater options too.

it won't be cheap.

However, a simple martha chamber would be a fraction of the cost, and supply you with more than enough shrooms.

--------------------
------
this is a signature

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation