Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Why people are leaving S&P
    #3707336 - 01/31/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Why people are leaving S&P

I have recently been contacted by some, what were, regular S&Per's. Who have stated they no longer post here for the same reasons as I stated afore. I won't state any names but hopefully they will see this and post here anyway.

Some people come to a Spirituality & Philosophy forum because they think they will be able to speak to open minded people who will share experiences and ideas.

People are leaving because this isn't the case here. There is growing coalition of nastiness that seeks to push out anybody without a skeptic/logicist point of view. I URGE THE MODS TO INCLUDE A RULE THAT 'IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE SOMETHING THEN DO NOT RUIN THAT PERSONS THREAD WITH SILLY COMMENTS ABOUT HOW YOU CAN TRY AND TEAR IT APART IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE UNLESS THEY HAVE STATED THEY WANT A DEBATE OF BELIEF', simply don't read the thread its that simple? I don't read astrology threads because I spent about 2 and a half years studying it and came to the final conclusion that it is mainly cold reading.

It seems the only way you can survive in S&P now is to pick apart somebody elses text and argue about technical definitions of wording.

Just like the mass mind controlled public, anything that doesn't fit into a standardised logic set is unacceptable. You may as well call it Skeptics & Pessimists!

--------------------

Edited by danoEoboy (01/31/05 01:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Why people are leaving S&P [Re: Ego Death]
    #3707435 - 01/31/05 12:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you believe everything you read, better not read?

Quote:

danoEoboy said:

I URGE THE MODS TO INCLUDE A RULE THAT 'IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE SOMETHING THEN DO NOT RUIN THAT PERSONS THREAD WITH SILLY COMMENTS ABOUT HOW YOU CAN TRY AND TEAR IT APART IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE UNLESS THEY HAVE STATED THEY WANT A DEBATE OF BELIEF', simply don't read the thread its that simple? 

""RUIN THAT PERSONS THREAD WITH SILLY COMMENTS""

hum.. I'm not sure if its intended, but you do give a solution to the problem you arise.

""simply don't read the thread its that simple?""

how bout, simply don't read the post, you think (?) RUIN THAT PERSONS THREAD WITH SILLY COMMENTS ABOUT HOW YOU CAN TRY AND TEAR IT APART IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE, its that simple!?
:confused: :thumbup:

:heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Ahhh well... [Re: Gomp]
    #3707453 - 01/31/05 12:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

People get scared to post when coalitions are formed. Many people have tendancies to stick with the majority like sheep running from a wolf!

They can't be bothered when an entire thread ends up devoted to arguing.

This is what ruins the thread.

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: Why people are leaving S&P [Re: Gomp]
    #3707465 - 01/31/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just speak the truth well enough, or not at all, and people will listen respectfully.  :tripping:

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: Ahhh well... [Re: Ego Death]
    #3707495 - 01/31/05 12:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

okay?,...has your feelings been hurt? i think that this forum is awsome! i enjoy the skeptics and the sheep. all comments are welcome on my posts.
if u dont like the feedback or potential feedback you might recieve....DONT POST. cant expect ur words not to go unchecked. or ur beliefs put to the test. if u cant defend ur statements then i guess thats a sign to search further...for "the truth" do not state something as is, leave your posts up for question and a "what do you think?" not "this is how it is"

u put best "simply don't read the thread its that simple?"

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Ahhh well... [Re: uriahchase]
    #3707514 - 01/31/05 12:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Not aimed at you or anybody but something is becoming apparent:

Many people here prefer to reply than actually read and take in a post!

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Ahhh well... [Re: uriahchase]
    #3707517 - 01/31/05 12:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

""People get scared to post when coalitions are formed.""

"Being afraid of being afraid, I fear not."
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3707526 - 01/31/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Not aimed at you or anybody but something is becoming apparent:

Many people here prefer to reply than actually read and take in a post!

so what?  :confused:

"People do, what people are, doing."
-Period :wink:

:heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (01/31/05 12:47 PM)

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3707580 - 01/31/05 01:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
People come to a Spirituality & Philosophy forum because they think they will be able to speak to open minded people who will share experiences and ideas.

that's not why I came here, and I think your assumption that everyone's here for the same reason you are is problematic for your interactions here.

I have a feeling that most of the people you are wanting to talk to aren't on the internet that much... they're probably at raves, or rainbow gatherings, or coffee shops, or university courses, etc.

people who are on the internet are, you know, internet people. I myself am here to practise debating/arguing, for the most part. it's a pretty specific skill set, and one I find entertaining to use. I'm not here because I expect to find enlightenment or an acceptable belief structure.

as a side note, I think it might be prudent to think of this forum as Spirituality and/or Philosophy. just because certain people think of themselves as either 'spiritual' or 'philosophers' (or so it seems) and assume everyone else is what they think they are, and then, of course, inevitable misunderstandings ensue. the big problem, to my way of thinking, lies with assumptions.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Why people are leaving S&P [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3707593 - 01/31/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

some Internet page somewhere said:

if I offend you, just sit there a moment and breathe... you need to know that my truth is my truth. If your truth is different, know that I respect and honor your intelligence and also your right to voice it, as I do mine.

I don't know if that will help, but perhaps your reading experience will be a better one if you know that I'm not presenting my thoughts as anything but thoughts. I'm not evangelistic. This discussion isn't given in order to provide anyone with still another spiritual box that they're supposed to climb into, throwing away everything they believed.

its like 'I' are a pice in a iterdimensional jigsaw puzzle, we all make up. controling what other do, is done through reshaping one's fitting in this puzzel, oposed to reshaping the puzzle to fit one self?
:confused: :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (01/31/05 01:23 PM)

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Why people are leaving S&P [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3707595 - 01/31/05 01:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry but theres no assumption on my part just a lack of wording.

Yes you are correct I should of said "Some people".

Dam these technicalities never stop hitting me lol!

Peace bro.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3707640 - 01/31/05 01:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

let actions speak

be excellent!

tolerate and be tolerated.

and if you leave dramatically give it your best, and if you return the same applies.

I will say that wound licking is a salty business.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #3707653 - 01/31/05 01:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Sorry but theres no assumption on my part just a lack of wording.

Yes you are correct I should of said "Some people".

Dam these technicalities never stop hitting me lol!

Peace bro.

They don't hit you, you run in to them. It's easy to accuse people of getting held up on semantics, but when they severely impact the meaning of your sentence then they deserve to be examined closely. All specificity does is it makes sure you know what you're talking about. If it stumps you, then it's pointing to part of your own theory that you need to adjust. Then you can better express your truth and move on. If you can't yet speak the truth well, down to the last detail, then perhaps you should think about it more first. :smile:

I'm not afraid of their blind logic, as misguided as it may be, because it isn't, and indeed cannot, enfringe upon my Truth that I know to be true. Root yourself first, and then you'll realize every else's opinion is relative and poses no real threat (and contains even more to learn, in fact).

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Ahhh well... [Re: Gomp]
    #3707667 - 01/31/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i just got here about a month ago i know exactly what you are saying. i don't let it bother me.

ever since i was 12 I've been a spiritual seeker.between the ages of 12 and 16 i had introduced myself to yoga, astrology, kabbalah, Wicca, the occult, Buddhism, zen and everything else of a spiritual nature.although at that time allot of it went over my head.this didn't discourage me, as i knew i was walking a spiritual path whether the books and knowledge had been there or not i was still me.

i have had many spiritual gifts while growing up, the thing at that time was that i thought i was strange because no one else shared the same views or experiences. now i know different.

coming here to S&P reminds me of the time when i was growing up.i had something different that people didn't understand.but now that I'm older i know better if they want to be a closed minded none evolving individual who am i to stop them.

these people remind me of the sound that gravel makes when you step on it.your walking along a path of gravel and there is sound that interferes with the listening of your own inner being.that's OK because when i really need to listen i can step off the path and sit and listen.

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
    #3707726 - 01/31/05 01:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Skeptics have just as much right to be here and post their thoughts as you do. If you can't handle their comments, ignore them.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Ahhh well... [Re: Cosm]
    #3707763 - 01/31/05 02:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Many people here prefer to reply than actually read and take in a post! "

I agree with you, but those people usually are not S&P regulars, just some kids that pop in and state their beliefs as truth, or just have nothing interesting to say.

You know, somewhere i feel you for getting angry about some replies youv gotten in your UFO thread because you came here and opened your heart and expressed yourself honestly, but there's really no need to be angry against the skeptical ones, they have good reasons to be skeptical. they don't know you, they haven't seen what you have seen, they don't trust you, or in some cases they just don't want to hear you out.

But really, you did get your message out to quite a few out there, and some people have taken in what you said with an open mind but just haven't responded, so its no good to condemn the whole S&P forum just because of a couple people that jumped at you.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3707848 - 01/31/05 02:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That would be really great for you then, you could write anything you want while suppressing discussion concerning it. It does NOT surprise me that you want to limit other peoples freedom of speech to support your belief, fantasy, delusion, etc... Why not just write it on paper and throw it away if you don't want discussion about it?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Ahhh well... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3707946 - 01/31/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That's part of the problem.. you automatically deem it "belief, fantasy, delusion, etc" Is that not condescending to assume you know what he has experienced, and just chalk it up to delusions? That's not discussion.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Ahhh well... [Re: Shroomism]
    #3707963 - 01/31/05 02:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I said "belief, fantasy, delusion, etc" not JUST delusion. Beliefs, fantasies, and delusions are separate things...they are not all "delusion". What I "chalk it up to" is lacking the desire to consider any other conclusion. I do not assume anything more than what he has said. A conclusion based on pop culture reading has ignored many facts. That IS discussion, thank you.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Ahhh well... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3707986 - 01/31/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No, you jump to the conclusion that they lack the desire to consider any other conclusion or possibility. For all you know, they could have sat there for hours, ponderings over the ifs and the facts surrounding the experience. They could have discussed it with their friends who were there, and they may have thought about it in-depth for weeks before deciding to post it here. And where do you get the idea his conclusion is BASED on pop culture? Did he not say that he saw his first UFO before he had ever heard anything about them?

Now I'm all for tolerance of all viewpoints. But when one's viewpoint becomes purely antagonistic and condescending, with the only intention to discredit and debunk other's experiences as "fantasy, delusion, belief, etc".. it makes me wonder if this is a really a discussion or is it another attempt to sabotage someones credibility as a rational thinking being.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale