Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChunkster
Incubatin'
Loc: Canada
Keeping my operation on the downlow
    #3706888 - 01/31/05 09:06 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everyone, I need some input and advice.

I'm planning on using no more than 4 1/2 pint jars in my operation that must be kept secret. My room is rarely entered by anyone else in my house, let alone searched, but do you think it's possible for me to keep this on the dl?

I have a perfect closet with a lot of boxes that would be able to house my cakes with a little modification.

If anyone wants pictures of the room I have to work with, just ask.

Oh, and I can sterilize the jars when I have the house to myself for the day, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: Chunkster]
    #3706944 - 01/31/05 09:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ofcourse you can

--------------------

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3706985 - 01/31/05 09:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you have an attic or a crawlspace, thats what I use.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflineChunkster
Incubatin'
Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3706993 - 01/31/05 10:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MycoJunkie said:
If you have an attic or a crawlspace, thats what I use.

Have neither, fairly new house and the only access to the attic is through the garage. Explaining my need to go up there everyday might be a little awkward, heh.

Invisiblemonkeyman2020
Stranger
    #3707008 - 01/31/05 10:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say it sounds possible, but you'll be living in constant fear. Will you be out of the house any time soon?

OfflineChunkster
Incubatin'
Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: monkeyman2020]
    #3707025 - 01/31/05 10:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

monkeyman2020 said:
I'd say it sounds possible, but you'll be living in constant fear. Will you be out of the house any time soon?

Oh yeah, anytime basically. I'm in University and my parents are planning on moving up north as soon as my dad retires in a year or two (so either way I'll have to move out soon).

They know I burn and seem cool with it.

It's just that growing shrooms might be a little weird for them, so that's why I'm keeping it hidden.

OfflineAnOddLittlePlace
Novice Grower
 User Gallery

Loc: Tumble down shack in Bigf...
    #3707035 - 01/31/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

man, itd be so easy to just do that in the closet, thats the way id do it

--------------------

My mind was wandering like the wild geese in the West.

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: AnOddLittlePlace]
    #3707056 - 01/31/05 10:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yea a PMP works well, you can keep it in the closet and you don't have to check on it all the time, just theres a little bit of noise. Not as much as having a coolmist and an ultrasonic. Start a fish tank, and make sure that its kinda noisy.

Edited by recondite (01/31/05 10:31 AM)

OfflineChunkster
Incubatin'
Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: AnOddLittlePlace]
    #3707069 - 01/31/05 10:36 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I can leave my computer running most of the time which will create a nice low, ambient noise.

Do I need to worry about odor?

By the way, what does PMP stand for?

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3707118 - 01/31/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The only odor thats noticable is if you get contams. If its clean its really not noticable like MJ.
Heres the PMP TEK
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1303334/page//fpart/all/vc/1

Offlinesleepingbigguy
homosapien
 User Gallery

#3707257 - 01/31/05 11:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The possibilities for a covert operation are many but loose lips sink ships. There was a guy who came close to finding my incubator but i really had no worries because people don't question things their used to seeing. PMP out of a sub box.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: sleepingbigguy]
    #3707300 - 01/31/05 11:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Try to make a point of not associating yourself with mushrooms to anyone you know personally, or not.  Always practice this.  Your parents are cool with you toking and that's great-but no need to take the next step and tell them about your hobby.

This is the one realm I do not share with even my closest friends, and I think it's imperative you do the same to increase your chances of staying out of legal trouble.

Have fun and good luck  :cheers:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: Holydiver]
    #3707523 - 01/31/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Try explaining a $150.00 monthly electric bill increase! And that mushroom smell, fermenting smell, mold smell, musty smell, rotting bird seed/rye smell, the funny humming comming from your room that sounds like a giant dildo, the aparent lights that are on when you are never home....

Move out, and do it in your own home. Parents/Friends can loose thier houses if you ever get caught... It doesn't matter that they "Didn't know.", or that they, "Didn't partake in production." They will loose it all, without question.

Don't ever put any-one else on the edge of the knife, or one day you will get that knife slipped into your back! I promise, it will happen!

If you have to hide it from them, then I know they already don't aprove. I also know that this isn't your house to loose, because once again, you wouldn't hide it, you would have kicked them out, or not have to explain why you are in the garage all the time.

Do us, them, and you a favor. Don't grow these!

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3707545 - 01/31/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Posession of a controlled substance will only land you in jail...

Posession with intent to sell will only land you in jail...

Posession and operating a grow lab will land your entire residance in jail... and all of your friends that visit you will have been watched, and possibly interigated... and possibly arrested, if they are at your house at the time of the bust. (Been there, in a small time dealers house, and all he had was a few sprouts growing... The grape-vine led the athorities to think that there was more there than they found. That didn't change the fact that we all spent the night in jail, and found out we had been watched for two months prior to being busted.)

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

OfflineChunkster
Incubatin'
    #3707578 - 01/31/05 01:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LaughingJim said:
Try explaining a $150.00 monthly electric bill increase! And that mushroom smell, fermenting smell, mold smell, musty smell, rotting bird seed/rye smell, the funny humming comming from your room that sounds like a giant dildo, the aparent lights that are on when you are never home....

Move out, and do it in your own home. Parents/Friends can loose thier houses if you ever get caught... It doesn't matter that they "Didn't know.", or that they, "Didn't partake in production." They will loose it all, without question.

Don't ever put any-one else on the edge of the knife, or one day you will get that knife slipped into your back! I promise, it will happen!

If you have to hide it from them, then I know they already don't aprove. I also know that this isn't your house to loose, because once again, you wouldn't hide it, you would have kicked them out, or not have to explain why you are in the garage all the time.

Do us, them, and you a favor. Don't grow these!

Someone had to do it; next time try not to lie.

My parents will not 'loose'[sic] their house, this is a schedule III drug. I am in Canada, I am an adult, and my parents are not responsible for me.

Can you link me to an article supporting your claim that my parents will lose their house? On what grounds do you make that claim?

Offlineguest23
Stranger
    #3707605 - 01/31/05 01:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

He probably didn't check your profile to see that you were in Canada (it wasn't mentioned in your post.) That stuff CAN happen in the US, but in general, a house isn't going to be seized unless it was purchased with illegal gains.

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: guest23]
    #3707615 - 01/31/05 01:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think $150 a month is a little exaggerated

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3707643 - 01/31/05 01:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LaughingJim said:

What a stinking pile of misinformation. :thumbdown:  $150.00 electric bill?  We aren't talking about growing herb here.  If he decides to grow at his parents place, that's his business.  We don't  need you throwing out post after post of legal dictations to scare him shitless.  Give the guy some space.

And the smells thing, I won't even go there.  Learn your shit before you go clamoring on others, thanks.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleJimber510
Traveler
Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: Holydiver]
    #3707663 - 01/31/05 01:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have a question...
How much would running a TiT and a PMP around the clock increase you electric bill? (Just a very rough guess)

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Keeping my operation on the downlow [Re: Jimber510]
    #3707760 - 01/31/05 01:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I set up two MH 250w on my reef tank... total cost difference in electric bill/month.. about $15

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies