Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: The Blackberry battle: Canada Officially Endorses Stealing US Patents [Re: Catalysis]
    #3700217 - 01/29/05 09:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well we should also maybe mention this is one company...hardly resembles how the majority of canada works.

anyway, looner. i too think that they need to be paid for their investments (ie 8 years of schooling, 4 years of research etc.).

however, canadians still get paid (and to some too much, to others not enough) and the retail price is usually a fair bit smaller than that of the US prices.

i dont think you can say the pharm companies arent greedy. and as you said they are a business that needs to make money to do things. but you could also look at what some doctors claim they can do (ie cure cancer) and think why we never see this and why its not publicly sold.

cures may as well be profitable but NO where near as much as the way it is now. take cancer for instance. look at how many hours, pills, scans etc are taken through the course of years per person for cancer. if a person lives say 5 years im sure the retail is 10's of thousands of dollars out of pocket. if they cured it im sure lots would pay big bucks but there jsut wouldnt be the same money generated.

Steven Seagal said in the movie "The Patriot"- "I'm in the business of curing sickness, they (city doctors, implying the "industry) are in the business of prolonging sickness." and that is to a point my belief too. along with oil companies and alternative fuels. tehres literature all over the place. but because of the subjects people just call tehm hippies and tell them to go get their tinfoil hats and shut it.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
Re: The Blackberry battle: Canada Officially Endorses Stealing US Patents [Re: kadakuda]
    #3704995 - 01/30/05 10:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I haveta also say that I think that intellectual property is important. Why would anyone do cancer research if anyone could use their ideas? It would destroy the scientific community, which is based on the spread of free knowledge to improve the world... A patent lets you see how something operates, and invites you to improve upon it, or if you feel that the patent is a good idea, pay whoever owns the patent homage to use it yourself....good system =).

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: The Blackberry battle: Canada Officially Endorses Stealing US Patents [Re: chocbruce]
    #3705076 - 01/30/05 11:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

unless of course one company gets to have a monopoly for 10 years or so.

its too extreme for my liking. stickign with cancer research, dont you think that 2 years for tehm would be enough? having things go so long before other companies can make a cheaper version is certainly causing suffering. which is where i am coming from. sure they "need" to get paid back so that they are willing to research other things, but i think you will find the researchers arent paid much of that. its the companies that put up the money and suck people dry selling the stuff.

pn the opther hand its also up to our government to actually USE our tax money on health care, not waste it aways on retarded shit that make sthem look good.

its all a greedy popularity contest in my opinion.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom