Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one?
    #3703699 - 01/30/05 06:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

okay being that my life has taken a turn for the worse as of late, i have decided to take one of my favorite things in the world, a road trip.
my license gets oficially re-instated monday at noon and i have to go to school for a class bt then i have a week off.
im in chicago now.
i could make it to tennessee in about 12 hours and stay with my friend lseli or go to mexico, which i have nbeen wanting to do for years now.
money really isnt an issue here because i have about a grand extra on my hands as of lately.
any advise or sugestions?
what i really want to know is how long is it to hermisillo (its in sonora) mexico from chicago? mapquest wont really help anyone with cross border directions...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePiercedfiend
Stranger

Loc: Hanover, Pa
Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3703715 - 01/30/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Mexico!

--------------------

A childs rhyme stuck in my head. It said that life is but a dream. Ive spent so many years in question to find Ive known this all along..

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: Piercedfiend]
    #3703756 - 01/30/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Total Est. Time: 28 hours, 35 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1890.01 miles :to the mexican border from there i have abot a 6 hour drive untill i reach the sea of cortez in bahia de kino mexico. and you iknow that if i do this, its going to be one straight drive to the border.

how is mexico about searching your car going into the country? keeping in mind that i havent shaved in about 6 mnonths and my hair falls over my eyes, and that my ar is spray painted.
i know that ill get searched to all hell when i come back out, thats fine, but going in is what im worried about

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3703779 - 01/30/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Mexicans will kick and loot your ass, maybe throw you in a dingy cell. Bad trip. Go to TN and have fun. JMO.

OfflineTheDudeAbides
Livin Off FrostyBarley Pops andPork Soda
 User Gallery

Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: Supernova]
    #3703803 - 01/30/05 06:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Im with supernova.....althought Mexico is fucking fun...not worth the hastle. Plus all that driving time...

--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: Supernova]
    #3703808 - 01/30/05 07:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i lived in mexico, well in a basically locked rehab for 8 some months, i speak spanish and know a few people down there, well i have a few accquantinces.
im going to be going to what is a pretty acceptable part of mexico kinda touristy, thers this town kino, and half of it is mexican fishers, and the other half is retired americans. its literally divided, but one thing
i did a community service project while i was down there, and i want to go and repair it, i built some palapas (mae from palm leaves and such, to protect people from the sun on the playground and by the csoccer courts, so i want to go fix those as well

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3704168 - 01/30/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Check this out!

Just a little something to think about before you cross the border!! I've vacationed in Mexico a lot. But I travel directly to my destination via airline or cruise ship. Drving through vast expanses of Mexico can be a very unsafe situation.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3704198 - 01/30/05 08:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'd go to Mexico, but then again I live in Tennessee. Tennessee can be a nice place if you keep cool and don't run afoul of the law. Besides, you'll have free lodging if you go there...

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #3704229 - 01/30/05 08:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

reading about the kind of luck youve usually encountered over the past year or so...

i'd take the safe bet (hell, maybe even go against your own instinct) and drive only as far as tennessee.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: MrBump]
    #3704244 - 01/30/05 08:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah my luck is at odds with me, but things have always worked out for me on road trips and in other countries thus far, well when i went willingly that is.

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3704265 - 01/30/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ah, fuck it!
Just bring some of that extra money to Vegas.  I'll be happy to help you blow some of it! :grin:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? *DELETED* [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3704298 - 01/30/05 08:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by ld50negative1

Reason for deletion: personal data

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3704337 - 01/30/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

it all depends on what happens with my friend lesli actually i am supposed to go see her in tn but she got sick so im not sure if im going to be going down there or not...

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinefalseliberty
Prophet
Loc: Not The U.S.
    #3706673 - 01/31/05 06:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'd go to Mexico, I just crossed the border from San Diego and the Mexicans don't search you, its the feds on the way back. Mexico would be great this time of year.

--------------------
"You better hope we've got some Thorazine in this bag or your in some big f*cking trouble." Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: MrBump]
    #3706750 - 01/31/05 07:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thecornking said:
reading about the kind of luck youve usually encountered over the past year or so...

i'd take the safe bet (hell, maybe even go against your own instinct) and drive only as far as tennessee.

I'm reminded of a movie... "Southern Comfort" or the one with Burt Reynolds and the dude who squealed like a pig??? Was that in TN?

OfflineAnything4Poppies
Wanderer Who HasCome Home

#3706775 - 01/31/05 07:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

DELIVERANCE...

Id say go to tennessee... you have 1000 dollars to spare save it all for when you get there and instead of spending it to get to mexico and back... spend it to live like a king somewhere with your friend for the same amount of time... i think youll still save money... cause you are staying for free!

--------------------
"What a long, strange trip it's been" --- GD
"I think, Therefore I am." --- Rene Descartes

Offlinemonkeyking
Stranger
Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: Anything4Poppies]
    #3707337 - 01/31/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'd say mexico, Deliverence was in Tennessee after all :wink:. But they don't seach you coming in to mexico, show your ID and take off, 1000 would go further in Mexico. You said your "life is in shambles" why? are you in trouble or something?

--------------------
"My Fear Is My Only Courage" Bob Marley

Anonymous

#3707351 - 01/31/05 11:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Tennessee isn't bad. Just don't speed through small towns. Folks are generally very nice too, although not incredibly tolerant. People do seem to have a good respect for each other's privacy, though you may have to be firm about it :wink:

The nature is astounding in all seasons.

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: falseliberty]
    #3707451 - 01/31/05 12:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

falseliberty said:
I'd go to Mexico, I just crossed the border from San Diego and the Mexicans don't search you, its the feds on the way back. Mexico would be great this time of year.

I've crossed from San Diego also. Tijuana was pretty fun. I lived in SD and made the trip several times. We always left our cars at the border. Cabs are cheap there as I'm sure you know.

The only precaution we took was to smoke/ingest anything bought there before crossing back. I've heard of Tijuana dealers who sell it to you there, and are waiting for you at the border with the cops when you cross back.

I always heard TJ was the armpit of North America. If that's the worst they have to offer, the rest of Mex. can't be too bad.

Good jouney to you bradda.

--------------------

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Im either going to leave for mexico or tennesee tomorrow but which one? [Re: nonoman]
    #3707571 - 01/31/05 01:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Don't get me wrong. Mexico is great. I love cozumel, cancun, etc. West Coast has some great beaches too. But if you are driving into Mexico from Chicago, you are most likely going to cross over somewhere much more east and then drive through the waste lands. That is not a good plan. I've known people to do that and have no problem. I've also known people to do that and get pulled over and have to pay off cops or get ripped off by bandits. They were lucky to have someone in the car who was fluent in Spanish.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains