Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
Tripper Island
    #3703760 - 01/30/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What would be the result of an Island where different people of different ages/sexes/backgrounds are exposed to a variety of natural "hallucinogens" and then the results are recorded. I think it strange that just as new and very intereesting research is being done on psilo. and DMT. the research is cut off altogether. This is not like the marijuana debate. Their is no other reason why the goverement would try to hide this from us "especially since their is no harm done to the body". What is the true motivation for this. I'm sure their are people who have money who would invest in a PRIVATE investigation. Only after the results are tabulated would they be released. Comments...ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
Re: Tripper Island [Re: trippingchef]
    #3703775 - 01/30/05 06:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

We would show what the shamans have known inside for thousands of years. We will show the world that gateways do not have to be something in this world alone. We can use the gifts given to us.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3703796 - 01/30/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

take me down to the paradise city
where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
Re: Tripper Island [Re: fresh313]
    #3703838 - 01/30/05 07:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Oh won't you please take me home!?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3703866 - 01/30/05 07:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That'd be beautiful, dude. Or start a tripping monastery in the Netherlands, where the "monks" there grow marijuana, mushrooms, psychoactive cacti and other enlightening substances in exchange for room, board and free experimentation with these wonderful organisms. They'd experiment with methods of growing marijuana and mushrooms, making hash oil, etc., and after work they could trip and relax with a bowl while writing and discussing life.

Not to mention a monastery of this sort could make loads of money if they made enough products.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3703895 - 01/30/05 07:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Tripper Island, :lol: sounds like the next big reality T.V. show. Oh, and the monastery idea kicks ass too, Ravus. I definately wouldn't think you'd have any shortage of stoners, err, I mean monks :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Tripper Island [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3704451 - 01/30/05 09:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Monasteries only work when the monks take a vow of celibacy, poverty, and obedience. Some also require a vow of stability. Without these stabilizing factors you end up with a free love hippie commune that can't pay it's bills. I still think it's a good idea, but I don't think your average stoner is called to the monastic life.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripper Island [Re: shroomydan]
    #3704686 - 01/30/05 09:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I can see the vows of poverty and of obedience (but to whom/what?). But, help me realize how celebacy pays the bills? And what does a vow of stability entail? Thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Tripper Island [Re: shroomydan]
    #3704742 - 01/30/05 10:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You're thinking of a typical monastery though. Indeed, if you can't bend people to fit the monastery, bend the monastery to fit the people. It would be more like a commune monastery combination from the one I'm thinking of, where everyone works together to grow bud and mushrooms, lives in one large building or set of buildings in an area, and is full of libraries and other sources of information. There would also be stores set up selling the monastery's products.

This wouldn't work with many products, but seeing how profitable large areas of awesome marijuana and mushrooms can be, you could definitely get quite a profit from selling drugs. The monks wouldn't necessarily need celibacy, just a will to join with others, live without excess and luxuries and to learn and trip with others working with him.

It wouldn't necessarily be limited to mushrooms and bud though, perhaps new research chemicals could be produced by those who know chemistry, and it could be a center for learning on all psychoactive issues.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripper Island [Re: Ravus]
    #3704768 - 01/30/05 10:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, it's all settled then. All we need to do now is buy an island, build a monestary to house upwards of 100 individuals, find a few top notch chemists, a couple large scale bud farmers, some folks experienced in bulk grow mush cultivation, and the most interesting and diverse stoners from around the globe. When do we start?

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#3704831 - 01/30/05 10:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The vows are made to the leader of the monastery, the abbot. Monks promise to obey him and give him any money they earn, and he promises to provide for the needs of the monks in the community. A vow of stability is a promise never to leave the community until death.

Monastic life doesn't work with families because of freedom and conflict of interest issues. Children are not free to make the vows because they owe obedience to there parents, they are also expensive. Similarly, married people take vows to one another which would be in conflict with vows taken to the abbot. In the past people have tried to solve this problem by dissolving the family, and espousing free love, and communal parenting of children. These experiments have always failed because people are inclined by nature to love there own children more than somebodyelse's. There is also the jealousy issue which tends to tear the community apart.

As I stated earlier, I think the monastery idea is good,(I even thought of starting my own psychedelic monastery a few years ago) but the only way monasticism has ever survived in the past is when the rule includes poverty, celibacy, and obedience.

Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
    #3704832 - 01/30/05 10:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am glad to see such enthusiasm towrds the idea but I think the main objective is being lost with the idea of the "profit" and "drugy" aspects. The main point of this experiment is not to see how high or how much money people can make from drugs. The idea is to continue the scienitific research and spiritual research into ethnobotanicals that the goverment is affraid to allow us to continue. This cause is above any one scientific approach or any one religious belief. We will research scientifically the way that these tools alow us to access the other dimensions (spirit reamls) and any kind of physiologicall changes they may eventually lead to. We will reveal what the goverments do not want us to know about our selves and our own selves. This will not be a show or a stoner retreat. It will be a place of pure discovery: a place where science and the spiritual creaure in us all will meet.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#3704841 - 01/30/05 10:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm with you man! Who's got the island?

Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
    #3704845 - 01/30/05 10:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The "bud growers" and the "shroom growers" will still be necesary but not in a commerical sense. It will not only be Marijuana and Mushrooms but all documented ethnobotanicalls.

Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
    #3704855 - 01/30/05 10:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The island as well as the buildings and all other financial aspects are privatly funded (and the results will be the same) so that the scientists as well as the volentiers do not have to worry about the financial aspects of the experiments.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3704886 - 01/30/05 10:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, hell if somebody is going to buy us an island, houses, food, clothing, and all we have to do is experiment further into the field of psychadelics, well... :drooling:

--------------------

Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
    #3705481 - 01/31/05 12:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

We must understand that these substances have been part of the evolution of humanity since the beggining. It is only reciently that we have begun to shun them. It is time that we not only re-embrace them but begin to truly understand what these substances do to our bodies to allow our spirits to take flight. na dmaybe even from these revelations we may even begin to understand how to truly use the "soul".

Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
    #3705582 - 01/31/05 12:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The previous Bi/ethno/technology that we are so consumed by is infact the tool that I am refering to. We must steer away from the "druggy" reference point. The idea of the island experiment is to show the owlrd that which the goverment has band humanity from learning. I will be looking for individuals which will require the necesarry capabilities that will help to facilitate the project. Look to my previous posts in order to know what I am looking for. this is not a "stoner" or "druggy" island. this is an opertunity to learn how ethnnobotanials trualy react with huna,ity. We have used them as part of our culure/religion/beliefe system sith tyme immorial. Now is the time that we can combine mystism with science/technology. Now is the dawning of a new age. And you and me hold the keys in our wolrd and in our heads. Don't let our children go through the same dis-ilusion which has happened for most of hummanities existence. We have the keys here. The substance cause not only no harm to use but are actuall coded scpecifically for our brains. Why would the goverement, which is ment to "help us" or to "protect us" keep us from such experiementation unless there is something to hide which is even greater than any of us van know. Ideas,comments....

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3705645 - 01/31/05 12:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, if you haven't found out "why they conspire to hide this great secret of life from us" yet, then there ain't no island or monastery on the planet that's gonna help you figure it out. You don't need an island and lots of scientists/volunteers. All you need is yourself and an open mind.

--------------------

Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
    #3706198 - 01/31/05 03:31 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Believe me friend. I know what you are saying but we only think we know why they are hiding it. Obviously if we pierce the illusion they cannot hold anything from mana over us ever again but the true point is: They themselves have only explored so far. They are affraid! Affriad of what they may see! Affraid of what we may realise. They are affraid of the true! I understand my friend but non of us truly know why they are so affraid of the truth. But we shall see....

OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #3706763 - 01/31/05 07:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

it would be like another MK-Ultra project... where do I sign up?

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3711400 - 02/01/05 01:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Appearantly the sarcasm didn't come over quite as thick as I had intended, which is often the case on these messageboards. What I meant by that is that there is NO secret being hidden, by them (whoever you mean) or anyone else. Psychedelics and other drugs are illegal for a number of reasons, but there is no conspiracy here.

You say, "They are affraid! Affraid of what they may see! Affraid of what we may realise. They are affraid of the true! I understand my friend but non of us truly know why they are so affraid of the truth. But we shall see...". What the hell does any of that mean? How can you know that "None of us truly know what they are affraid of"?

Look, smoke a bowl, drink a beer, just relax, whatever you gotta do, but forget all this nonsense about the meaning of life being found in psychedelics. Yes, they are powerful substances. They have the power to change a person's perspective for the rest of thier lives but, all this talk of forming a commune of individuals to "study the effects" of psychedelics is pointless. You'd just be putting everyone here at the shroomery in one geographical place. That's all it would be. What does that accomplish?

Like I said, smoke some grass, eat some shrooms, then come here and talk about it. The Shroomery is this "tripper island" you speak of. And lastly, lose all those thoughts of conspiracy. They'll only slow you down on your journey of self-discovery, IMO.

Peace,
13eetleJuice

--------------------

Offlinetrippingchef
Stranger
    #3721333 - 02/02/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

With your experience of shrooms even you can still say they are only substances? People have brought back things even they didn't know using these tools. DMT for example: We produce it,cann't overdose on it, can't be shown on drug tests. Relesed at the same time thr soul supposdly enters the body, relesed at the time of death. Look at the research of T. McKenna. Psilopsybin is a 4 PART INDOLE WHICH IS A DISTINCT CHEMICAL SIGNATURE which states " I am not from your world, nothing on earth could have made me.". The reason for a place where we can psysically get together for research is to continue the exploration of the scientists of the past which has been banned for no good reason. You seem all to quick to assume and judge the laws must be right because they are laws and that these tools are only drugs. Open your mind! I am still willing to accept they are what you say they are but not without MUCH more research. After all,it is only in the last 70 or so years that we have turned these tools from gifts to talk to god to "drugs". The only way we can expect to go towards the future is to learn from out past.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3722965 - 02/03/05 12:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

With your experience of shrooms even you can still say they are only substances?
Yep, psilocin and psilocybin fit every definition of substance I have ever come across.

People have brought back things even they didn't know using these tools.
What have people "brought back"? I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I assume the tools you speak of are psychedelics.

DMT for example: We produce it,cann't overdose on it, can't be shown on drug tests.
It can be shown on drug tests. If we couldn't identify it, then we wouldn't even know that it exists and would have no way to classify it. Just because the average drug test doesn't actually run a test for DMT doesn't mean it's undetectable.

Relesed at the same time thr soul supposdly enters the body, relesed at the time of death. Look at the research of T. McKenna. Psilopsybin is a 4 PART INDOLE WHICH IS A DISTINCT CHEMICAL SIGNATURE which states " I am not from your world, nothing on earth could have made me."
I'm familiar with T. McKenna and the work he and his brother have done in the realm of psychedelics substances but that his opinion that "nothing on this earth could have made me". Can you proove this theory?

The reason for a place where we can psysically get together for research is to continue the exploration of the scientists of the past which has been banned for no good reason.
But you can and are continuing to explore right now. All (or most) of us here at the shroomery are. We don't need to all be confined to the same geographical region in order to share our experiences/experiments.

You seem all to quick to assume and judge the laws must be right because they are laws and that these tools are only drugs. Open your mind!
I never said that the laws were right. I said, "psychedelics are illegal for a number of reasons but there is no conspiracy to hide any grand secret from us". I don't agree with drug prohibition one bit.

I am still willing to accept they are what you say they are but not without MUCH more research.
So, take some drugs and take some notes then come here and tell others what you have found. I'll do the same, and will most everyone else. We have been dong this for some length of time already. This is not a novel idea.

After, all it is only in the last 70 or so years that we have turned these tools from gifts to talk to god to "drugs" The only way we can expect to go towards the future is to learn from our past.
These substances have always been "drugs". It is only recently that governments have made them illegal. Any substance that you put in your body for the purpose of causing a mental or physiological change is considered a drug. I'm sure that's what you meant to say.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #3724282 - 02/03/05 10:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

We need to start a group and get organized. Organization is key. Then start a couple businesses and that sort of thing to get money to buy the island. I'm already going to be opening up a business as soon as i get the money too. If you feel you could start a business as well go right ahead. If you would like to discuss business ideas with me give me a pm or start a new topic, hey or even keep this thread alive. I've started several thread dealing with communes and how i wish i had the funds to start a commune for us to live. Someplace near a rainforest would be nice for more experimentation on plants that exist in the forests.

I'll try to get something going we need leaders and leaders must guide us to this wonderful place that we can all call home. If anyone starts any lists or information leading up to building a commune please fill me in. Organization.

Someone make a list of people that are willing to work hard at this, we need hard workers more then anything not the lazy stoners. I'm willing to put in a lot of effort for a place like this and i will keep trying, hoping that one day this wish of mine can come true.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale