Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHellshot
Stranger
I still need help
    #3703065 - 01/30/05 04:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok ive posted a bunch and am still confused. i read all teh stuff and i still need help.

1. Which is better? Outside or inside?
2. If inside how easy is it to hide the stuff growing?
3. What equipment do i need?
4. The easiest and best spores i can get?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I still need help [Re: Hellshot]
    #3703096 - 01/30/05 04:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1. inside for a beginer
2. that depends on your imagination and supplies at hand
3. here's a place to start http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3171
4. start with any cubensis strain, check our vendors page http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3703112 - 01/30/05 05:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1. Which is better? Outside or inside?
Doesnt matter. Everyone is different. You can acheive better results growing cubies indoors but this is a very general statment..outdoors can be better (a strong wood loving species for instance), but much more difficult and low yeilding. For the average person, insides the way to go..
2. If inside how easy is it to hide the stuff growing?
From who? Your parents or someone who lives with you? Impossible, give up now and forget the idea. From house guests? Pretty easy.
3. What equipment do i need?
Lots. Depends on which direction you want to head. You'll NEED jars, substrate, some bins, and some perlite. Thats the most basic to do a PF Tek..along with a little nightlight or light source of anysort ect. You should invest in a pressure cooker and some airpumps or humidifiers and many other things. I have probably 50 different myco supplies I use, I dont plan on listing all them for you since you wont use them. You need to do more reading. You read a bunch..read more..you havnt posted a bunch this is only your fifth post...this isnt just something you buy...its a hobby that takes time, energy and patience. If you arent willing to invest all of them, forget it now.
4. The easiest and best spores i can get?
Any cubensis spores will do you. Check out the shroomeries sponsers and pick a strain that looks good...they are all different but every time you grow, or someone else does, the strain its different again so there is no best strain or fastest or most potent..you need to try a few nd see which you like the best but stick with Cubensis for a while and if you feel the need later you can move to other species...most never do though so dont feel the need to.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
    #3703129 - 01/30/05 05:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Lots of love, and welcome

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Edited by Prisoner#1 (01/30/05 05:18 PM)

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: I still need help [Re: ADoobie]
    #3703185 - 01/30/05 05:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Great Post!!!

Hellshot, use the link that Prisoner posted. Do as much research from this site as is humanly possible. If you follow that advice and are persistent then you will have no problem with cultivating. Good Luck

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Edited by hawksapprentice (01/30/05 07:09 PM)

OfflineHellshot
Stranger
Re: I still need help [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3703211 - 01/30/05 05:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for the fast and kind posting... most people. I have 1.3 acres of pure woods and there are just hundreds of shrooms growing out there so i believe my outside would be a good place for now. Also i read some stuff and i think ill try Moes cultivation method. that seems pretty good for a newbie. Thank you guys

OfflineHellshot
Stranger
    #3703332 - 01/30/05 05:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok my last quesiton is

Some colonized cakes or colonized birdseed or millet or rye( fresh ones works best...spent ones can be used and should never be put in the trash). Substrate doesnt matter.. cakes are damn cakes! this will be the spawn for the patch.

what does that mean? And how would i go about making a cake?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3703350 - 01/30/05 05:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Hellshot said:
cakes are damn cakes! this will be the spawn for the patch.

what does that mean? And how would i go about making a cake?

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23588

OfflineHellshot
Stranger
Re: I still need help [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3703412 - 01/30/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thank you so much #1!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3703423 - 01/30/05 06:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Isnt he just the sweetest doll? Thats why we keep him around..he's good for morale.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
Re: I still need help [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3706809 - 01/31/05 08:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Outside can be fun. It's a totally different world than growing inside. You still need a lot of the same supplies just to prepare spawn. Although, the biggest advantage that indoor cultivation has over outdoor is that you can grow any strain you want. When growing outside you need to pay special attention to the fruiting temps of the strain you purchase. Don't buy a tropical species if you live in canada... etc... As SMR said, you won't yield nearly as much as you could inside, and it takes a lot longer. *HOWEVER* Many folks have made the argument that shrooms grown outside are better. I know from personal experience that this is very true about edibles. Shiitakes grown outside on oak logs beat indoor sawdust block shiitakes hands down. Additionally, your shroom patch could yield seasonal shrooms for years if you take care of it properly.

I think that if all you want is the occasional dose of shrooms, you don't want to do a lot of work for it, and you have the right type of environment for it then by all means do it outside. If you want a constant supply, keep it inside.

--------------------
------
this is a signature

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate