Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJon
crap, overlay
    #3702465 - 01/30/05 02:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I went on a ski trip a few days ago, I saw pins so I left open my pmp about 10%. When I get back, next thing I know the terrarium is completely dry, and the casing shrunk alot. I added water to the terrarium but im skeptical on wether or not these pins will still grow. Please state your ideas and opinions. Thank You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: crap, overlay [Re: Jon]
    #3702547 - 01/30/05 02:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

saturate it and drain

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: crap, overlay [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3702563 - 01/30/05 02:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

From what your describing it doesn't sound like overlay. More of a dehydration. Saturating it isn't a bad idea. I would do a 24 hour cold dunk in the fridge though.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: crap, overlay [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3702579 - 01/30/05 02:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

overlay is a layer of dead cells. If dehydration is the problem, he could have a solid layer of dead cells that won't allow water to pass through...

Sounds like overlay to me...

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: crap, overlay [Re: ADoobie]
    #3702614 - 01/30/05 02:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

But we would need to pics to verify what hes saying, just because its dehydrated doesn't mean that he has overlay.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: crap, overlay [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3702758 - 01/30/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Do a dunk first...then go from there :thumbup:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: crap, overlay [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3702987 - 01/30/05 04:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Overlay is myc but if the casing isnt that colonized overlay wouldnt be as big of a problem as the sealing. Sealing is like how when its been dry and hot for montsh during the summer and then it rains all day for a day, the water wont seep into the ground..

I'd also try a dunk for 24 hours and putting fresh casing mix in the sides of the casing and patch up a few bits on top. Dont put casing mix on top of pins or primordia and dont cover all the myc but if there are spots of thick hard mycelium (overlay)...putting some fresh casing mix (perhaps lightly scraping with a fork in that area first too) could help that area hold in moisture. Overlaid casings will still fruit and all ok..they just dont hold in water well. As long as the whole casing isnt colonized though I wouldnt say the casing is overlaid..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds