Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Different Trip Each Time?
    #3697946 - 01/29/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have a question for you hardcore trippers who trip like, once every week (which i have regularly heard about on the shroomery). Does the trip ever become monotonous? Do you ever feel like you're so used to the shroom experience that you aren't surprised anymore?

See i've only had shrooms 6 times, and each time the trip was different. Nothing like weed, that gets you high just like last time you smoked.

For example, my first time brought me to a big spiritual revelation, the second time it was a very visual trip, the third time the "God feeling" came upon me (its when you feel like you are a god), the fourth time i was awe struck by the nature of shroom consciousness and it was a very audio sensory fuck up (things echoed in my head, and made some weird ass music like pink floyd sometimes creates), and so on...

So do your trips tend to look more and more alike the more you trip, or are they always quite different?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Different Trip Each Time? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3697964 - 01/29/05 11:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
I have a question for you hardcore trippers who trip like, once every week (which i have regularly heard about on the shroomery). Does the trip ever become monotonous? Do you ever feel like you're so used to the shroom experience that you aren't surprised anymore? See i've only had shrooms 6 times, and each time the trip was different.

It is all very subjective, man. Point in case:

Quote:

Nothing like weed, that gets you high just like last time you smoked.

This is your subjective opinion... For me, every strain produces a unique experience and a different high - even different batches of the same strain can have subtle differences. This is scientifically supported because we know every weed has its own cannabinoid profile influencing your mind and body differently.

--------------------
delta9

Invisibleavorg
Quixotic
Folding@home Statistics
    #3698079 - 01/29/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

like all psychedelics there are a lot of factors to consider.
i find setting and dosage to be most prominent. in my experience if you take roughly the same dosage in the same setting, you can achieve a "standard" trip. many want more than this, some are just fine with it. however outside influences have a drastic effect on the trip. consuming an amount at home with no distractions one might be very comfortable with the dosage and set it as normal. if however, one were to take the very same dosage in a mall, problems might arise from a dose previously established as "safe"(trust me).

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Different Trip Each Time? [Re: delta9]
    #3698332 - 01/29/05 12:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This is scientifically supported because we know every weed has its own cannabinoid profile influencing your mind and body differently.

Actually all cannabinoids stick to the same receptors in your brain, therefore i think it would be more correct to say that you feel different highs from different weed because they're THC concentrations are different.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#3698923 - 01/29/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

When I trip a lot, I feel the experience loses some of it's luster.

Many trips in sucession seem to have that same ole, same ole feeling. It's still fun, but it's like an amusement park that you have visited all too often.

For me, I have learned to use shrooms as a spiritual escape from my everyday reality. A few time a year is about right for me. Sometimes once a year is perfect. I get that "Wow, it's great to be back feeling!"

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3698937 - 01/29/05 03:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
This is scientifically supported because we know every weed has its own cannabinoid profile influencing your mind and body differently.

Actually all cannabinoids stick to the same receptors in your brain, therefore i think it would be more correct to say that you feel different highs from different weed because they're THC concentrations are different.

What do you think "cannabinoid profile" means?  It means the concentrations of the various cannabinoids in a particular batch of marijauna.  Thanks for saying what I said, actually :wink:  Though to be real scientific about it, THC is just one cannabinoid (well, actually, there's a few THCs, delta9-thc, delta8-thc, but I'm not sure if they are considered different cannabinoids, have to check).

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3699322 - 01/29/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with avorg. Even if you take the exact same dose of the same mushrooms, but in a different setting, your trips will be completely different. All drugs will lose their novelty if you take them enough consecutive times, because you are so familiar with the effects. Fortunately, mushrooms, and hallucinogens in general, have such diverse effects that - although the effects may be familiar - each experience is unique in its own way, and will have something new to offer you.

Compare this to, say, alcohol, and perhaps you have a clearer understanding of what I'm getting at. If you drink enough alcohol, you know exactly what to expect each and every time. It becomes predictable and boring. Taking mushrooms is like taking a vacation to your favorite area. As you visit more often, you start to know the region better and better; but you can never know it completely, because the area is HUGE. There are new things happening all the time, and all you have to do is figure out which place you want to explore next.

One thing I noticed after taking psychedelics so many times is that I would become casual about taking them, like the way people become casual about smoking pot or drinking alcohol. This is not a good place to be, because you just learn how to function normally, and your trips turn into excuses just to get high. You don't gain any insight. It's as if you're plugged in, but not turned on. So the way you approach things has a considerable influence on the outcome.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Different Trip Each Time? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3701440 - 01/30/05 07:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:
Nicely described, that's the answer i was looking for.

So basically you are saying that the shroom experience can never become predictable and boring like alcohol?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3706217 - 01/31/05 03:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

In the past I have experimented with consuming mushrooms every day and every week and month and so on....

For me peronsally, I have found that the quality of the trip is directly-proportional to the length of time you wait BETWEEN trips, meaning the longer I wait in between trips, the better the trips are.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals