Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRedeyejedi
fierce nobgoblin
Loc: mid-western Canada
Pot=anti-sociability
    #367511 - 08/06/01 01:15 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Is there anyone else out there who is completely shy, shut in, paranoid, and anti-social whilst stoned? The only time I can smoke pot and enjoy myself is with maybe two or three close friends, just chillin, listening to music, shooting pool, discussing philosophy, just peanuts. If I get stoned at a party or something I just can't function properly, I have trouble making conversation and meeting new people, I think everyone is talking behind my back, or that everyone hates me, and basically just slip into a sort of neurotic depression. It seems like I'm the only person I know who is like this. Also, I'm never like that unless I'm high. With alcohol it's quite the opposite though. But anyways, I'm not asking how to alleviate this or anything, just wondering if anyone else has this problem when they smoke?

A fine raw potato is like plain vanilla icecream. They both make a pleasurable enema. Hahahaha, Jesum Kee-reist, that's gold. -Sklarn

--------------------
Psst.. hey kid, you like havin fun, eh? ever wanna fly? you can have the first rock free there, and sell these to your buddies for me, and there's more where that came from, there, eh?! - disgusting reality of how i get fuckin paid, right, 'sides fuckin wellfare, and the fuckin' bingo earnins there, right. Fuckin rights, eh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: Redeyejedi]
    #367514 - 08/06/01 01:39 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like me. I won't go to a club if I'm stoned because it makes me self concious and shy and that makes it suck.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #367589 - 08/06/01 07:31 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Paranoia... The old tokers curse...

Probably means you're smoking too much or too often.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#367717 - 08/06/01 01:59 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

ya whenever i get stoned i get paranoid and somewhat anti-social (mostly because it tires me the fuck out) but i do talk and don't mind talking to random people, it's just that i'm tired.
all in all weed really isn't worth all the money it costs imho

We're all MADD here...

Anonymous

#367873 - 08/06/01 07:01 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

It is probably because most people are not stoaned at clubs and large parties. Do you ever have good conversations with someone in a different state of mind then you. It is like going to church on acid, the music and the imagery is great, but conversation kills. It happens to me too. If you hung out with a hundred rastafarians, you would not be experiencing the same thing.

OfflineTheMagicalMushi
Loc: Canada
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: ]
    #367879 - 08/06/01 07:19 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I am painfully shy when sober. mostly around girls though... when im high i dont seem to be as shy as i usually am.. when im on mushrooms, im a lot more talkative, probably cuz im in the best mood ever though. i do prefer staying with friends and people i trust though.

"Heh heh... mule"
- Homer Simpson

--------------------
"The closest thing to a lemon around here is that lemon shaped rock... wait a minute, theres a lemon behind that rock!"
- Bart Simpson

OfflinesHemp13
old hand
    #367910 - 08/06/01 08:26 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, thats normal. Some people just get *very* paranoid when stoned.
I don't know what to say to help you overcome it, just try and realize its the effects from MJ and noone is really hating you or talking behind your back. (Unless of coarse they really are.. if thats the case find some better friends)
I always prefer to hang out with only a few close friends when smoking as opposed to a large group of strangers.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno [Re: sHemp13]
    #367985 - 08/06/01 10:58 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineBoneyDragon
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: ]
    #368026 - 08/07/01 01:02 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I find pot makes me even more disgusted with people than usual (I'm already a pretty bitter person). It makes you see how fake they are and you don't want to hang out with them.

Unlike alcohol which makes you act like an ass to get their attention.

OfflineTypingwords
Veteran Seasonal PNW Hunter
I'm a teapot

Loc: seattle-ish area, WA
    #368062 - 08/07/01 02:57 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, I sometimes have this problem. Smoking is definitely best BY YOURSELF, or jamming with some friends. But if you're at a party or something, try pounding a few beers too. The first couple times I got drunk and stoned it didn't work out too well (headaches and dizziness), but now it works great. Or you can just get a little stoned, you know, just take a few pipe tokes. That way you can enjoy the stonedness a little, but you should be able to get by without saying something stupid or getting all paranoid.

--------------------
everything everyone everywhere.
forever and ever

OfflineTerribleInstict
Stranger
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: BoneyDragon]
    #369986 - 08/10/01 11:51 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hrm, this is weird. I don't talk as much unless I have something really good to say but I'm comfortable around people unless I'm way stoned out of mind in which case I get paranoid and just sit there.............I might not talk as much because I'm just think a hell of a lot more than usual:) Who knows? BUt I don't get painfully anti-social or paranoid. I get paranoid the minute I see head lights or anything when I'm outside! Even though I have no reason too. I always seem to freak myself out when I'm outside for some reason.....hrm.

OfflineRainbow
addict
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: TerribleInstict]
    #370109 - 08/11/01 06:58 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I usually just can't talk.

OfflineChonger
Olive grower

Loc: England
    #370114 - 08/11/01 07:15 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

It happens to me now and again, but i cant remember the last time it did. Whever i smoke on top of being drunk i never get it, in fact i think that is one of the best way to avoid it.
It takes a while of lots of smoking to realise that its just the weed, and then you can forget about it.

The worst situation for me is smoking with people i dont know and having talk to them lots in an uncomfortable physical postion like sitting on a hard floor or something, or being really cold with no decent music.

and i couldn't awake from the nightmare that sucked me in and pulled me under
pulled me under
oh... that was so real

--------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: Chonger]
    #370120 - 08/11/01 08:17 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I understand completely. When your stoned, and something that would affect your feeling's happen's, it seem's to increase your reaction. For example, I'f you get embarrased(sp) and your high, it will be very uncomfortable. And so on.

www.thehawkseye.com
Mystic mountain mushrooms
Free Spore Ring(FSR)
all are welcome to the festival

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Offlineaenima
Loc: UK
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: Glacius]
    #371273 - 08/13/01 06:37 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

different places different drugs.

clubs and parties take alchol over pot, but hangin with friends just watching tv talking pot. Although still smoke at parties and clubs, but does make me less outgoing than if drinking. But if not drinking or smoking, am not very outgoing anyway. hmmm thats probably why if i go out i drink to become more outgoing to enjoy the evening.

ohwell i ramble, so i think and click continue...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: aenima]
    #371388 - 08/14/01 01:30 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i actually like pot in the opposite way because i find, i can open up and be more social with people i dont know when im high than when im not, im shy around people i know unless im high, and i get REALLY PARANOID when im high, but only when i have a reason to be, like, my dads friend drove by and looked at my while im smokin a joint, then i cant stop thinkin of it

im tellin you now, you motherfuckers dont know me

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

Offlineingsoc
Stranger
    #373047 - 08/16/01 12:21 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I used to get a little paranoid, but now I've learned to control it. It's true that when you're high you seem to be able to view things more objectively (ie analyze the dynamics within a group of people or crazy stuff like that), but that might just be a result of me philosophizing while high (which I tend to do sometimes). When I smoke I generally become much more talkative--also, abstract tasks are made much easier for me (ie I can difficult math problems much easier, for example differential equations and multivariate calc--calculus becomes particularly easy for me when high).

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."

--------------------
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."

Offlinetoad2
Stranger
    #374046 - 08/18/01 08:43 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I had this problem extremely bad a when i used to smoke weed. I was shy and trying to overcome my shyness, but smoking weed would just shut me the hell up and make me analize the fuck out of social situations. The only answer i could find (most logical it seems) was to quit the stuff completly forever. If you feel the social anxiety as bad as I did, giving it up is definalty a good option.

OfflineMastaba
Stranger
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: toad2]
    #374077 - 08/18/01 10:42 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

If I have a like 4 beers and Im in some deep heavy drunk conversation and then smoke up, im usually good. But when I smoke up and get to the point where everything starts to blur then I start getting really paranoid and start thinking about my appearance and I keep thinking people are saying terrible things about me. Its all about mood basically, if you're comfortable around the people before you smoke, more then likely you'll be good to go when you're stoned. But...that doesn't always apply. If im out at a bar I just usually dont smoke as much and I'll be fine.

But yeah, I get really paranoid when I walk amongst people at like a mall or just downtown. I think its because I hate most of the people around me. And like someone said before, I start to realize how fake everyone is.

--------------------
"If anything is worth doing, it's worth doing right."
"Mother Mary won't you whisper
something but what's past and done. "

OfflineMastaba
Stranger
Re: Pot=anti-sociability [Re: Mastaba]
    #374080 - 08/18/01 10:47 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

another reason why I don't say much sometimes is because my throat is completely fucked, and when I say something my voice is basically gone. It's one the worst things ever. esp. when you're around chicks.

--------------------
"If anything is worth doing, it's worth doing right."
"Mother Mary won't you whisper
something but what's past and done. "

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom