Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Impulse Sealer, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
WBS...agar or liquid knock up?
    #3700460 - 01/30/05 01:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey people. Just finished my new glove box, and started 10 lb of WBS on a 12 hour soak. I have 30 more pounds to be made up, but damn if cleaning the stuff isn't a pain in the ass. Figured I would start with 10 since this is my first WBS game.

Anyhow, I am going to PC them, and put em in spawn bags. Probably 2 lb/bag. Maybe 5 if I get lazy :smile:

So now...the question is. Should I use agar to knock them up or an agar solution? Of course solutions seem to be quicker...but is it worth the extra time I am going to have to invest in making up some syringes? Seems to me the payoff isn't worth the sacrifice of the ease of dropping some wedges in a bag...thoughts?

Peace

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: WBS...agar or liquid knock up? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3700767 - 01/30/05 02:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'd use an agar wedge to create a jar of grain spawn, then use the spawn to inoculate the bags.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: WBS...agar or liquid knock up? [Re: dog]
    #3700797 - 01/30/05 02:56 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Why? For fear of contams in trying to knock up multiple pounds with a little agar wedge? Or do you see something in jars that I don't?

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: WBS...agar or liquid knock up? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3700802 - 01/30/05 03:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Conservation of agar plates. Why use several plates to inoculate bags when you can use a single wedge? The rest can be stored for future grows.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: WBS...agar or liquid knock up? [Re: dog]
    #3700835 - 01/30/05 03:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well I suppose. Good thought.

I'm just so lazy and jars are just such a pain in the ass for me. I love the bags with clothespins and my badass impulse sealer...it's like I just can't fuck it up.I suppose I could start a small bag then do G2G...probably have a much higher shot at success too.

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Impulse Sealer, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation