Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecbee
journeyman

straw success
    #369956 - 08/10/01 11:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

well hey all, its been awhile... I finally got my straw beds going and man are they going! got like 3 film canister plus size mushrooms.. and about 10+ pins that look like they may be even bigger! and those are then non cases beds... the cased ones arent doing as well.. taking along time... no pins yet... can anyone give me hints on how to make a spore print? do i just let one of the mushies grow till i see the gills? i am going to try that spore dropping directly into the water into a jar tek.. is that the best way? well let me know guys your help is muchly appreciated

Shroom On.....

:laugh: <-- he's happy cause he got laid last night...
Visit the Free Spore Ring.. support the happy face
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

--------------------
:laugh: <-- he's happy cause he got laid last night...
Visit the Free Spore Ring.. support the happy face
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: straw success [Re: cbee]
    #369984 - 08/11/01 01:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Of course the best way to print is the way that works for you. Just wait till the cap opens fully and begins to upturn. The gills will turn dark purple during this time. Clip the cap as close to the gills as possible with sterile scissors or a razor blade. Place the cap where you want it to print. With the tech you are talking about, I think it goes on a wire rack or something like that. Make sure the water is sterile. Glad your having success with the straw. Congrats!!

Novelty

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation