Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Maximum Growth Cycle
    #3699189 - 01/29/05 07:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

NB: This post is sent from a country where cultivating psilocybin producing mushrooms is completely legal (UK), so don't think I'm stupid for using first person perspectives :wink:

Hi all,

Just a quick question to save me finding out the long way.  I spawned 1 pint of cubensis colonised wbs (wild bird seed) to straw in a giant rubbermaid (roughly 2 foot high & 3 foot length) in October last year.  Everytime the first flush is finished & harvested I scrape away the casing (1 part lime, 8 part verm, 8 part peat) and throw it.  Then I break the colonised straw underneath in half, and throw one half away.

The remaining half of colonised straw I mix with fresh pasturised straw to start the whole process over.

I've had around 8 flushes (casing removed and part of straw substrate mixed with fresh straw after each first flush, untill fully colonised again, then cased etc) and so far have produced over 250g dry (2.5kg fresh).

How long can one keep up this process untill the mycelium becomes so weak that it perishes?

Thanks in advance,  :smile:

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Edited by Xenophobic (01/30/05 08:01 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Maximum Growth Cycle [Re: Xenophobic]
    #3699817 - 01/29/05 09:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"NB: This post is sent from a country where cultivating psilocybin producing mushrooms is completely legal, so don't think I'm stupid for using first person perspectives"

Thats fine, most people here do, even if they are from...(gasp) America :wink:

hmm, good question........when you said a year I thought (ya right) until I read how you did it.

I know clones break down over time, but as for mycelium, thats hard to say.......I mean have you really kept that going for a year?? (if so, I dont see why you couldnt keep it going for another year, or more, but I am ignorant on this subject, when Roadkill shows up I think you will have your answer.

Peace.

Psilocybeing

--------------------

Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!
 Arcade Champion: Poker

Re: Maximum Growth Cycle [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3699837 - 01/29/05 10:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

g2g degenerates and yeilds mutants after a few generations, i don't see why this would be any different g2g = s2s makes scence to me

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Maximum Growth Cycle [Re: penlight438094]
    #3700003 - 01/29/05 10:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"g2g degenerates and yeilds mutants after a few generations, i don't see why this would be any different g2g = s2s makes scence to me"

Agreed.
Its does make sense, but I didnt want to go out on a limb(I really didnt know)

But really whats the difference,between g2g and s2s, other then the obvious difference. (where the mycukium comes from)

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3703386 - 01/30/05 07:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

There is no difference but he didnt say hes been doing it for a year...he said October of last year. That was only 2-3 months ago..remember its 2005 now? :smile:

You'll run into problems soon...slower colonization and mutants. Hopefully you grabbed some sport prints or still have some because mutants will often not produce spores or produce them pretty lightly. The mycelium will degrade..after how long would depend on lots of different variables that only you will be able to tell after doing it. If you want to keep it going though you should start a fresh batch from spores soon before it putters out.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Maximum Growth Cycle [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3704045 - 01/30/05 09:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have heard that the inability to produce spores is one of the first signs that a strain has degenerated (or is in the process of degeneration). A lack of mushroom formation or other mutant would be the next sign.

As for how long you can keep the cycle going:
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
It is a question that nobody can answer. It depends on too many variables.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlineindianaroller
Stranger
Loc: My house
Re: Maximum Growth Cycle [Re: ATWAR]
    #3707655 - 01/31/05 03:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Xenophobic, have you noticed a loss in potency?

--------------------
Fuck Bush.

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Maximum Growth Cycle [Re: indianaroller]
    #3707688 - 01/31/05 03:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

not so far, they're just as potent as the first flush ever produced with extreme bluing when handled. The only difference so far is the flush size. It's reduced from over 50 shrooms (30-70g each) to 15 shrooms (30-50g each). But that may have been my fault as I was out of town and missed the perfect time to start the fruiting process (eg, overlay) on the last two flushes.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3707767 - 01/31/05 04:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

degeneration will catch up Eventually, :thumbup:, but good luck, do it as long as you can, i do haha:lol:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation