Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRapmaster
Stranger
Effect's of Eating Contaminated Shrooms?
    #3698211 - 01/29/05 12:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What would be the effects of eating contaminated shrooms contaminated with the most common contaminations?

I propose this question out of curiosity, not for future reference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Effect's of Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: Rapmaster]
    #3698244 - 01/29/05 12:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Listen, even with common contamination's, it's hard to know what it actually is contaminated with or how it will effect you. Some organisms can make you very sick or worse because of allergic reactions and because of mycotoxins. Read this thread mycotoxins don't mess around with them.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleRapmaster
Stranger
Re: Effect's of Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: gdman]
    #3698277 - 01/29/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, I remember that thread.

New question is, I grew my own shrooms, and just finished drying them. They appear to be safe, no visible rot/contamination on them. I cut them down the middle and the middle is greyish/white as they're supposed to be. What are the chances of me getting sick from some unknown thing that I missed?

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Effect's of Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: Rapmaster]
    #3698733 - 01/29/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I would say unlikely. have you ever done shrooms before? you may be reacting to them but most likely its in your head. just to be safe watch your symptoms, if they get progressively worse, theres no reason not to go to a doctor/hospital.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Effect's of Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3698901 - 01/29/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

gdman is 100% right... DO NOT mess with contams. If there is the slightest doubt, then throw the shrooms out.

Even if you eat contaminated shrooms and nothing physically goes wrong, it would suck to be thinking about it throughout your entire trip. It would always be on the tip of your tounge... "what if I get sick... what if I have an allergic reaction to these shrooms... what if I get an allergic reaction and my throat swells shut and I can't breathe." That's the kind of thoughts that hellish bad trips are made of. My very worst trip involved me thinking that consumed some contaminated shrooms. I was extremely close to having my friends take me to the hospital. They refused to take me of course and tried to calm be down. But I basically had to come to grips with my own death. It wasn't thinking about dying that was the bad part, it was thinking how devistated my wife, family and friends were going to be.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Effect's of Eating Contaminated Shrooms? [Re: djd586]
    #3699081 - 01/29/05 04:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sorry i misunderstood, i thought you had already eaten them and were wondering if you were sick.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder