Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Chupacabara
    #3698699 - 01/29/05 04:23 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Is the "goat sucker" an undiscovered terran species or alien in origin?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Re: Chupacabara [Re: Swami]
    #3698706 - 01/29/05 04:25 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I don't know but the word sure is fun to say

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #3698781 - 01/29/05 04:43 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I'm not sure of it's origin, but after a trip to Mexico and a prolonged bout of Montezuma's revenge that would not quit, my gastroenterologist treated me and removed this from my lower bowels.

It was indentified as a Chupacabara.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Chupacabara [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3698821 - 01/29/05 04:55 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Wow, thats a big one. Mine was half that size.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineskystone
stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
Re: Chupacabara [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3698833 - 01/29/05 04:59 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Well,there is a far greater possibility that it's a terran species.

--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #3698834 - 01/29/05 05:00 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Wow, thats a big one. Mine was half that size.

Well I've had this said about me numerous times, "... the biggest asshole I've ever encountered."

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Chupacabara [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #3698860 - 01/29/05 05:07 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Did they get on their knees with a micrometer to check it out? Ewwww!

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #3705471 - 01/31/05 02:29 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I live in south texas so every so often we get a "chupacabra sighting" or at least farmers find their animals dead or mutilated. The last time this happened the farmer shot the thing that was going after his chickens. Now ive seen the pictures of the animal it looks sort like a cross between a small dog or fox and a rodent. It has nasty litle fangs that, when the mouth is shut are outside the lips. And it had a really really nasty case of the mange. The last I heard they had sent it off for DNA testing, the initial tests were not a match for anything. I think when they first found it the biologist thought it was a redfox with mange, but im pretty sure i remember reading that that wasn't the case. I dont know if i can find the article, but ill try if anyone is interested. The story was in the San Antonio Express News, the greater san antonio area's biggest real paper not a tabloid. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: Chupacabara [Re: blaze2]
    #3705657 - 01/31/05 03:01 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Sure, I'd love a link if you can find one, blaze. As for now I'm still going with the pack of wild dogs theory.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Chupacabara [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3706370 - 01/31/05 06:40 AM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Heres the story

Elmendorf mystery beast may have cousin
Web Posted: 10/14/2004 12:00 AM CDT

Jeorge Zarazua
Express-News Staff Writer

The lore of the chupacabra is being rekindled in the small East Texas community of Pollok after a mysterious animal with striking similarities to the Elmendorf beast was killed there.
(Courtesy Photo)

A mystery animal killed in Pollock last week is strikingly similar to one killed in Elmendorf in July.

(Courtesy Photo)

Results of DNA tests to try to indentify this animal, killed in Elmendorf, are not in yet.

"It was so much like it," said Stacy Womack, referring to the animal killed underneath her mother's house Friday. "It's unreal. It's just such a creepy creature when you see it."

Womack, a former veterinarian assistant, said she's never come across such a hairless creature with long fangs and claws.

Local animal experts there also are baffled by the doglike creature's identity.

Womack said its closest resemblance is the Elmendorf beast, shot and killed in July. But even the Elmendorf creature remains a mystery, said Devin Mcanally, the farmer who shot it.

Mcanally said he still is waiting on lab results of DNA testing on the animal slain on his land. The hairless critter weighed about 15 pounds, had long back legs, shorter front legs and a long, thin tail.

A privately funded San Antonio foundation that studies the unknown arranged for the testing in August.

Whitley Strieber, co-founder of the Communion Foundation, said he anticipates the results soon.

Strieber said he has seen pictures of the creature Womack's brother killed near Lufkin.

"It's very clear that it's the same type of animal," Strieber said, adding it is evidence that the animal killed in Elmendorf was not the last of its kind.

The Elmendorf creature stirred the South Bexar County community, which also wrestled with the animal's identity. Speculation ran rampant, with some claiming it was a chupacabra — a fabled goat-blood-sucking beast said to have terrorized the Mexican countryside.

Womack said the animal crawled under her mother's house in broad daylight, scaring their dogs. She said that after it was shot her brother dragged it out from under the house to the back yard, where it remained Wednesday.

"Everybody asked me why I didn't freeze it, but I wouldn't put something like that in my freezer," she said.

Womack said she wants to know what the animal is because she saw a second scruffy animal wandering around the area later the same day.

Here is the first picture, this is the one the story is about

HEre is the other one that was found first
[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-05/717217498-thumb_D_IMAGE.ff6874ac29.93.88.fa.7c.2ef59006[/image]

Note the way teh fangs hang out of the mouth. Whatever it is its nasty looking.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Edited by blaze2 (01/31/05 06:50 AM)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3707381 - 01/31/05 02:04 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

how odd.

anyway, notice how similar it's face is to an oppossum?

my call is, it's either a hoax with an oppossum's face on a.. I don't know, baby deer's body? (rounded fuzzy ears?)

or, if it's somehow real (either an indiginous species pushed into the open or an introduced species from somewhere else that we've never found it..) I'd say it's a marsupial or a weasel.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Chupacabara [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3707905 - 01/31/05 04:34 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

"my call is, it's either a hoax with an oppossum's face on a.. I don't know, baby deer's body?"

No way! A hoax??? Impossible to even consider it. I have read accounts of them on the internet....they must be real.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3708318 - 01/31/05 05:56 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

lol its not a hoax, these two were killed in seperate areas of texas, and like i said this was not reported in a tabloid. It was in the San Antonio Express News, san antonios top selling, and most reputable paper. The article and pictures are both from their website www.mysa.com. And thats not an opossum's head, trust me ive seen enough of them around here, or a baby deer's body honestly. Have you ever actually seen a baby deer or an opossum in the flesh or are you a city boy? Even if it was that how would they have sewn them together without a seam showing?

Listen obviously the chupacabra is a myth, but these little guys just might be the reason behind the myth. Most myths have some basis in fact after all, and the goats and small animals of farms dont just mutilate themselves, SOMETHING has to do it.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3708718 - 01/31/05 06:52 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Yeah, but where is their spaceship?

"I will have some fries, a coke and some McCabras..."

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3710915 - 02/01/05 01:11 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Have you ever actually seen a baby deer or an opossum in the flesh or are you a city boy? Even if it was that how would they have sewn them together without a seam showing?

Heh..

yes, and yes.  i abhor cities.

It's actually fairly close to an oppossum's head.. look at the slope from forehead to nose, that's not something you see on many animals.  On second glance though, it does seem to be a bit closer to a ferret-type animal than a 'possum..  kinda reminds me of a hedgehog face almost heh.
and the baby deer?  i was looking mainly at its legs and feet.  the feet ALMOST look as if they're hooved.  I can't make it out on those pictures.  You'd think something odd like that would be mentioned..  unless it's a hoax.
Like a jackalope.  Can't see the seams on those either. :wink:

Not saying it IS a hoax, but I'm not about to say it is not a hoax either.
At this point I'll simply call it odd.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Chupacabara [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3711889 - 02/01/05 06:30 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Sorry there are alot of people on the net who like to think they know about the country, and god forbid you tell them that they are wrong about something. 

Yea those pictures are pretty small but they had it blown up, and in color somewhere in the front page of the paper so I had a pretty good look at it.  Its not hooved its got claws, which is mentioned in the article i think.  It did get alot of attention around here it was on the 10:00pm news, and everything.  I dont suppose most of the country even heard about it. 

Good call on the Jackalope tho.  The first one that was found(the second picture) was actually buried for a time(not sure if it was before or after the picture was taken)  In the first article the farmer who shot it after several days of waking up to finding several dead chickens, buried it cause he thought it was nasty looking.  Thats the thing around here and down in mexico if some farmer found one of those things he would have killed it and buried it, if for no other reason than he thought it was disgusting.  Farmers kill animals all the time that threaten their livestock, just cause one looks disturbing wouldn't nescarrily mean that they would run off to show the town about it.  So, if it is a new species, then its not hard to believe that its been seen and probaly killed before, just that no one heard about it. 

I dont know what it is, but i dont think it is a hoax.  Of course i would if someone showed me proof that it was.  Like i said before i live in the country and I've never seen anything that looks like that.  I saw a couple foxes before that look similar(like the article says), so id say if it is a new species its probly related to the fox family, or perhaps some strange new breed of cyote.  At the very least its an interesting article :smile:  Peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

#3712188 - 02/01/05 09:46 AM (12 years, 24 days ago)

i saw the same thing. It was a rabid fox that must have had half his brain eaten away- he walked along the side of the road for days, bad mange, bared teeth, he was a little skinnier than that however, but I'm sure if he found a chicken coup he would have been about that size. Which definately would have happened if he was closer to a farm, since he was trying to hitchhike here.

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology