Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKanuuker
Stranger
melted marshmellows
    #369796 - 08/10/01 11:11 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

This is my first time growng, using hippie ivitro tek. Well I was at least. Growing of all but one stalled once the cakes were basically all white. I decided to birth them and put them in a terraruim. Since I've done that, all the cakes are now being overgrown with a white substance that's sorta like melted marshmellows - white and gooey. Plus there has been slotches of green appearing. Am I screwed?

In all my calculated humility,

Kanuuker

--------------------

Kanuuker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: melted marshmellows [Re: Kanuuker]
    #369856 - 08/10/01 04:13 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

It does sound like it.

OfflineKanuuker
Stranger
Re: melted marshmellows [Re: puscle]
    #370148 - 08/11/01 10:17 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Now I guess the next question would be - are the mushrooms I cut off the cake safe to eat? They also had some of that white goo on them, but no green mold. It's only a couple but I'd rather not throw them out unless I have to.

Kanuuker

--------------------

Kanuuker

OfflineShroomyZ
journeyman

Loc: D/FW, Tx
    #370786 - 08/12/01 07:46 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Kanuuker, if the cakes you cut them off of have green mold on them then i wouldnt suggest eating them b/c u gotta remember the mycelium sets up a network, and if theres green mold on one side the toxins from it could travel thru the network to the growing mushrooms then they would have some of the green mold toxins,

-h-a-l-l-u-c-i-n-o-g-e-n-i-c-

OfflineKanuuker
Stranger
Re: melted marshmellows [Re: ShroomyZ]
    #370789 - 08/12/01 07:55 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

The mold is at the other end of the terrarium than the cake than where I trimmed the shrooms. There still isn't any green mold on that cake, but it does have that white marshmellow goo on it. I only trimmed a couple of shrooms off of it, but I only have a few from before, so I really want to use them as they will make a difference between a buzz and a trip. Am I safe with those?

Kanuuker

--------------------

Kanuuker

Offline*HeGz*
old hand
    #372185 - 08/15/01 07:11 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

SOunds like you are a bit heavy on the misting and lite on the fanning. FAN MORE! Are you misting with H2O2? If so, the gooey stuff appears when you over mist the mycellium.'

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated

**Check out the FSR you may find something you like, maybe a Puerto Rician Cubensis Syringe**

PEACE

HeGz

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract