Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Disadvantage of high mumidity for fruiting
    #3697496 - 01/29/05 10:31 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If the rh of the fruiting chamber is too high (99%), is this a bad thing? Water is beginning to condense on the casings...

Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Disadvantage of high mumidity for fruiting [Re: no-tone]
    #3697545 - 01/29/05 10:47 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If it gets to the point where you have lots of standing water Everywhere, then you might want to lower it to 90%/95%
Standing water=contams.
But water on the sides is ok, just dont let it pool up...Gl

Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Disadvantage of high mumidity for fruiting [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3698229 - 01/29/05 02:13 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Besides standing water leading to more contams it also promotes vegetative growth. IME if you have a fruiting chamber with a higher temp or have a difficult to fruit strain (likes the lower temps and doesnt want to get out of vegetative growth), the high humidity wet casing will get overlaid if you just leave it and keep doing things like that. I keep my casing nice and wet untill the casing layer is about 1-3 days from where I want it to stay and pin and stop misting and keep the humidity about 90-95% (99 prior to that). That slows vegetative growth which IME has helped to trigger pinning. Then I resume misting lightly once I see primordia but VERY lightly and increase over the next few days until the pinsets in and continue misting as needed (quite a bit)

May be different if you have low temps..might pin fine anyway...I skip incubating casings though and they go to fruit right when I case them...my chambers usually about 80 anyways..

"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Disadvantage of high mumidity for fruiting [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3699153 - 01/29/05 06:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Increasing fresh air exchanges will work nicely also and making for the perfect environment is a viable choice too. To high a RH IMO means insufficient fresh air exchanges. High RH will also cause myc to grow on caps also. I'm sure you'll get things taken care of just fine. GL

Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation