Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
way too many shrooms!!!
    #369506 - 08/09/01 08:53 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

my casings are growing like crazy!!! i have never seen anything like it! the mushrooms all look perfect and i tried counting them and there are 50 large shrooms on each of my three casings and about 10-15 pins also. i picked about half of the shrooms on the casing where all the veils broke, but i couldnt pick all of them since my dessisant chamber is too small. i also ran out of wire mesh so i cant make another one. is there some sort of way the i can make a dessicant chamber with only the calcium chloride, the container, and the shrooms?

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMattyB
enthusiast
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: aluminum_can]
    #369511 - 08/09/01 09:01 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Do you have a colander or a strainer? If you do, place the shrooms in it, put your dessicant in a bag large enough to hold what's holding your shrooms, then place the colander/strainer in the bag and tie it shut. Heck you could even just put them on a plate or in a bowl. As long as the shrooms are in the same bag with the dessicant, it should work. Also remember to fan dry your shrooms for at least 24 hours before finishing them off with the dessicant.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: MattyB]
    #369520 - 08/09/01 09:23 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i dont have a strainer that is good enough for the job. the holes are huge! could i maybe put the on a paper towl?

--------------------

Offlinepsiyguy
Stranger
    #369527 - 08/09/01 09:47 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Could you explain what type of casing you used? It seems like that kind of harvest would be ideal for any grower to achieve.

OfflineSlipstream
Chagrined

Loc: Thither
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: psiyguy]
    #369531 - 08/09/01 09:56 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

^^^ what he said.

Edited by Slipstream on 08/09/01 11:11 PM.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: psiyguy]
    #369542 - 08/09/01 10:26 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

ha, its all in the growing setup! all that i used was two cakes with a layer of miost verm on the bottom, and a normal verm casing on top. i just crumbled the cakes and cased. nothing special with that! one of my casings was made of two normal pf cakes (the one that has given so many shrooms) and another is made with two finch cakes (they are growing, but they are growing slower, but fatter and darker and the viels havent broken yet so i am not going to pick them) then theres another casing with one finch and one normal (its at the same stage as the finch casing) and then i have my cake sculpture (two cakes on top of a layer of verm, with another layer put on when the cakes go on, and then a layer of verm on top of those two cakes and then two cakes on top of them with another layer of verm on top. the cakes arent giving as many shrooms as the casings though) i have all of these things in a 10 gallon aquarium, with a lid that is made from a tupperware container that i cut with a blade. and the lid has a hose for the air pump to push air into (i have this on 24/7 and it is just sitting on the table with no filtered container) and then a normal garden hose put in the hole of a small ultra sonic humidifier (i have it on for three min every three hours, and it keeps the humidity in between 92-94 %) and then i seal the hose holes with hot glue, and seal the lid with masking tape. and heres the best part, i put a piece of a vacuum cleaner bag on a hole i put on the lid! (this is so the air can go out) it is really simple! i almost shit my pants when those millions of pins all grew into shrooms and there was no abhorts!!!! i made a few prints of these shrooms (pes hawians) and if anyone want to trade for them i would be happy. i really want to grow some albinos! oh, and for my prob i found some scraps of wire mesh and made a two story chamber. i had though that i threw the scraps away but when i was looking for my scissors i found them.

--------------------

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #369581 - 08/09/01 11:34 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Fan dry for a day or two. Then take a container with a sealable lid, Gladware works great. Put the dessicant in the bottom of the container. Drape a paper towel over the top and tape it on (leave some slack so that the shrooms sit well below the lid) then put in the half dried shrooms and put the lid on. You don't have to pre dry, it will just make it easier on the dessicant and it will give you time to set it up.

Novelty

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflinePlowKing
enthusiast
Loc: 345Rotting Street, Hell
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #369646 - 08/10/01 01:42 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I've had great results using silica crystals as dessicant. Just Pre heat the crystals in the oven at 325 ?C for 10 minutes. Then put the wire mesh directly on top of the heated crystals after they have cooled in an airtight container. Place shrooms on top of the mesh and close it up air tight. You don't even need to fan dry nor do you need to have a space for water to collect at the bottom. Since the crystals absorb all the moisture and still keep their original dry form. I dried a harvest to cracker dry overnite from moment of picking...

Avid Acrid Jam Shred

--------------------
Avid Acrid Jam Shred

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: PlowKing]
    #369672 - 08/10/01 03:46 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

just put the shroomies on paper towl above a layer of rice or salt until there is room in your des. chamber

--------------------

Offlinekayaman9
enthusiast
Loc: windy city
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #369676 - 08/10/01 04:01 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I never used dessicant before, they always dried fine when I just left them in a well ventilated room for a 2-3 days.

OfflineMattyB
enthusiast
    #369706 - 08/10/01 06:45 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Glad you fixed your drying problem. If you run into that problem again, you could even just place the shrooms in a couple of bowls and then place them in a clean garbage bag. Put in a thick layer of dessicant, put the bowls (or plates) on top, and then tie the ends real tight and don't open it for at least two days.

BTW, your setup sounds great. The only thing is that you don't want over 92% with casings, so you may want to put your humidifier cycles down to 2 minutes every three hours instead of 3 minutes. See what that does.

Edited by MattyB on 08/10/01 07:49 AM.

Edited by MattyB on 08/10/01 07:50 AM.

Invisiblemrshrums
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: MattyB]
    #369720 - 08/10/01 07:19 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Why do you want to fan dry for 24 hours prior to putting in you dessucabt chamber. I thought you were just supposed
to throw them in the container for 3 days or so?? I'm newbie
so forgive my stupity.

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: mrshrums]
    #369747 - 08/10/01 08:16 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I fan dry just becuse it speeds up the process.
After 24 hours fan drying they are almsot completely dry then the desicant chamber does the rest in a day or so.

L3D

Offlinenestafy
Loc: Hawaii
    #369774 - 08/10/01 10:18 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well... as long as there is good air circulation in a dry environment, they'll continue to dry.. and shouldn't rot.

MAN... I'd like to see some pics!

What kinda dry yield did you get .. and how many pounds of casing substrate is there?

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Re: way too many shrooms!!! [Re: nestafy]
    #369943 - 08/10/01 08:17 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i took some pics while they were small, but you can see how many there are. they are on a normal cam so i need to get the pics developed and then scan them. i put the ones i picked off the one casing in front of a fan, and then when i woke up this morning i put them in the chamber. when i got back from school i picked the other two casings, and since the other ones were alot smaller i had more room. they are under the fan right now drying. i still havent picked the shrooms off the cakes yet since there is only two shrooms with broken veils. they all look awsome! this is diffenatly a favorite (in comparison to B+) can anyone give me an estimate on the potency of pes hawian compared to B+ since B+ are the only shrooms that ive tried so far? i cant wait to try these!!! i got 2 prints right now, and 4 more in the making. i will prolly make one more from the cake shrooms.

--------------------

OfflineMattyB
enthusiast
    #369945 - 08/10/01 08:18 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I do it to speed up the process as well. And sometimes (rarely) just tossing the shrooms in with dessicant doesn't complely get all the moisture out. That's why I fan dry them first.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds