Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

Robots.
    #3693641 - 01/28/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I am sane.
I'm good at keeping my cool, too. This is fortunate. Otherwise, I would have given myself away the first time I encountered a robot. This was back in September of last year, during an outdoor wine tasting in the hills of West Virginia.
From what I remember, it was warm out, windy, and I was extremely high on some potent, locally grown sativa that I had baked into cookies. The drive out took some time, but the wine and jazz were worth it, and the area was just short of heaven??vibrant, green, smells of summer, etc.
I was alone but that's not to say there wasn't a lot of people around. This is the way it usually is, and those who can appreciate this should understand I'm not complaining??I like to live my life this way.
People milled about. Some danced, others had a picnic, and still others tasted local wines and smoked cigarettes and talked. I decided to taste some wine. After purchasing a bottle of Merlot, I became a little drunk. It was eleven o'clock and there was still dew on the grass in the shade. I needed music.
Cannabis and wine and music are an integral part of the human experience. So I still don't know what that robot was doing there. But when I walked over to the area under the pavillion where a band was playing, I passed by the sound board and there was this creature running the sound, head bowed, focused, turning knobs with uncanny precision, very rigid but flawless... I was transfixed. Physically, this thing resembled a human. But then this feeling washed over me, and I can't explain it without sounding sideways, but??I became cold! All the warmth was sucked out of me in an instant, and the thing looked up and spotted me! Blood rushed to my head, something fizzled and popped, and I crumpled to the floor, passed-out. Next thing, I'm inside the ranch house with cold water all over me, feeling foolish and apologizing to the owners.
Okay, I lied. I didn't keep my cool at all.
Fast forward to the present. I'm engorged with fear and paranoia. I look all around at faces in crowds for a robot. Robots in disguise??they're everywhere, I'm sure of it.
But more pressing is a new thought??maybe this thing at the wine tasting was an old, outdated model, or maybe it escaped from some Government confinement and now spends its time incognito running sound for jazz bands... who knows??not me??but! What if there are robots in disguise online, using this very message board to decipher the intricasies of the human mammal with a fat, juicy psychedelic brain? I don't know what there intentions are, but I've become convinced that some of you are robots. The jig is up??reveal yourselves!

My reason for posting this here is that I'm not sure if it is healthy for me to think this way, but I have no control over it. This is an honest conviction. There are robots among us.
Does anyone else have thoughts similar to these?

P.S. ALL ROBOTS MUST REVEAL TO THE PUBLIC THEIR TRUE NATURE, SO AS NOT TO MISGUIDE AND PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE MINDS OF HOMO-SAPIENS.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Robots. [Re: Alobar]
    #3694593 - 01/28/05 07:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Jack Black thinks we are all robots, too.  He is right. :borg:

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3694636 - 01/28/05 07:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alobar said:
My reason for posting this here is that I'm not sure if it is healthy for me to think this way, but I have no control over it.  This is an honest conviction.  There are robots among us.
Does anyone else have thoughts similar to these?

P.S.  ALL ROBOTS MUST REVEAL TO THE PUBLIC THEIR TRUE NATURE, SO AS NOT TO MISGUIDE AND PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE MINDS OF HOMO-SAPIENS.

How goes it man? First of all, being a bit paranoid myself I wouldn't be too overwhelmingly surprised to find out that there are cyborgs or something among us. Perhaps from the future?

However, from what you described, it sounds like you might be a little paranoid schizophrenic. It sounds like you have a fairly mild case, and so it should be treatable to a large extent. However, I am no expert on this subject. My best advice would be to at least talk to a mental health professional about this fear. You are most certainly not the first person to have these thoughts.

Thirdly, how do you know these robots are evil?  :laugh:

Hehe, alright, peace and love.

:sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3695107 - 01/28/05 09:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You're a good writer if that's new stuff, my friend, seriously. I would stay with writing if I had your mind.

It would be in your best interest to remove all psychedelics from your menu for at least 1 year. Any stimulants are out of the question such as coffee.

You should begin a new means of letting go of your internal energy using an art form whether it be painting or writing.

This is the best advice I can give.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3695549 - 01/28/05 10:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I suspected Al Gore of being a robot a few years ago.

Seriously though, you should stop using pot. The paranoia it produces has been known to push some people over the edge. It looks like you are one of those people.

BTW, that was a very entertaining story; West Virginia in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

Re: Robots. [Re: World Spirit]
    #3695695 - 01/28/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the kind words, all.

I'm currently not ingesting any psychedelics??I only partake every six months or so. As for cannabis, I believe it to be the cause of many of my anxieties, and have in the past week stopped smoking entirely. The root of my problem, I suppose, is that I have too much time on my hands, and free time leads to introspection, which in my case leads to paranoia.

I was admittedly stretching the severity of the matter towards the end of my post. I tend to become hyper-active when speaking out, usually with a tinge of desperate humor. I don't know if this is a bad thing or not??I don't want to dwell on it right now.

I used the term "robot" as a crude means to describe a certain brand of "human" I encounter from time to time that just chills me to the bone. I think the incident at the wine tasting was brought on by the cookies and the wine, paired with the intense jazz and the novelty of my thoughts as I watched the soundboard creature work.

This is not science fiction I'm going for here, but rather??and this is a touchy subject??I think it has something to do with social conditioning, indoctrination, idealogical constraints, etc. The soundboard creature came to me as a robot because he appeared to have been assembled in a factory somewhere (or rather, he was fresh off the "production line" of college). And I hadn't exchanged a single word with him!

So in this light, the closing remarks of my previous post may come across as offensive, as though I were accusing shroomery members of falling prey to the wretched confinement that is social conditioning. And yes, this is the case, but for the record??we're all conditioned, myself counted at the top of the list. We can't help it, we're sponges. I suppose the horror of it all comes to me because I am outside of it, hopelessly conditioned but cast aside, left to watch and think.

Anyway, "robots" concern me. I am concerned about "robots," and fear becoming one. At the same time, maybe I desperately want to be a robot and that is why this is so hard for me?

Quick aside: I recently heard of something called "Smarterchild," a bot that you can talk to online, like a friend. Creepy.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear some thoughts on social conditioning, what it means to you, and how, once discovered, you live with the knowledge that we're programmed by the ideals of the dominating culture to uphold the dominating culture's demands? Maybe I should move this to S&P...

Thanks for listening, and sorry about the length...

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3695796 - 01/29/05 12:04 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I am 100% positive that you are a robot.

Expose yourself.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3695994 - 01/29/05 01:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think you might either be a humurous gentleman or someone expressing (artistically mind you) a bit of a chaotic semi-struggle with the lifelessless of humanity, the mechanical, everyday-is-the-same lifestyle that society carries out.

This stuff gives hair-raising experiences to the best of us. Most people I know have particularly observed the "fakeness" of our lives in the 21st century while on lsd or mushrooms.

Nevertheless, perhaps you've heard this one before:
If there's anything positive, anything uplifting, anything glorious, anything worth giving praise for, anything to smile about - think about these things.

You are a talented writer. Write, my friend and publish a good work that inspires the people.

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3696073 - 01/29/05 01:37 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alobar said:

Quick aside:  I recently heard of something called "Smarterchild," a bot that you can talk to online, like a friend.  Creepy.

SmarterChild is an AOL bot.  Its on my buddy list.  I conversed with this android on occasion, until it informed me that my android chat trial was up.  I felt bad, but I suppose it was for the best.

I'm dead serious.  Send an IM to this bot.  Its kinda coool. :evil:

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

Re: Robots. [Re: Phluck]
    #3697715 - 01/29/05 11:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I am 100% positive that you are a robot.

Expose yourself.

Ha!  You caught me, Phluck!  I sanded down my serial number years ago, though, and it appears that we robots are a lot like you humans when it comes to the past:  We forget.

Anyway, thanks for your support, Enter.  I've tried for years to come up with something original to write about, but it looks like it ain't in me.  If ever I do, though, I'll cite you as my inspiration.  Nobody ever done gave me praise b'fore.

Hey Booooom??I think the AOL bot is a little too much for me, at the moment.  Something unsettling about a corporation like AOL feeding its customers artificial friendship...  But that's just my opinion. 

Thanks again and remember to watch for robots! 

(I've got a feeling that love is the only thing that can break us free from robotism (like 1984).  And to end this on a happy note, I think I'm falling in love, as of last night.  :laugh:)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3699025 - 01/29/05 06:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

oh my god, you are my favorite!! also, an excellent writer-bot.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlineemerican1984
Stranger
Re: Robots. [Re: TODAY]
    #3749231 - 02/08/05 02:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

the human brain is the greatest computer ever designed, so Alobar... dont you get it... you are a robot untill you die... we all are. you can say "hey now, i aint no mother fucking robot" but guess what.. every moment of your life you are getting something programmed into your brain that will effect the way you do something later on in life, "this creature running the sound" can be considered a robot because he has spent so many hours upon hours of his life programing the infromation it takes to be what he is so that in return he can do what he does like a pro.. if youre dead serouse i suggest you go to the nearest hospital and tell the person at the desk youre schizophrenic man. if you dont like that idea then i suggest you have a week long drinking benge with your friends, stop the use of any mind altering substances, throw out your little robot bullshit theory, get some pussy, and get on with your life man.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being