Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

Fucking DUI...
    #3693003 - 01/28/05 12:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

So, I had 4 bud lights at a friends house over the course of about 2 hours. It was getting late and my buzz was almost completely gone so I decide to drive home. Big mistake . I was coming off the highway and decided to cut through the truck stop parking lot because I was so damn tired. Little did I know the police seen me do this. I also failed to put on my turn signals. So, they follow me all the way home and turn on the lights as I'm pulling into my parking space. The cop makes me take 9 steps forward then 9 steps backwards. I pass. He then makes me hold one foot up and, with my arms to my side (no balance) count to 30 ... the hard way (one one-thousand, two one-thousand) I had more trouble saying one-thousand thirty consecutive times than I did keeping my balance. I did pass though. He then tells me he is going to do one more test. He tells me to turn around, put my arms down the the side then... He grabs then and throws on the cuffs. He tells me he saw some "clues" from the way I performed the test. I then start getting angry "Why the hell did you make me take the test if you where going to arrest me anyways" But I never really lost my cool or started yelling. So, they take me down the the station... take 185$ from me (I only got 90$ back) And make me take a breath test. I think of refusing ... because I passed the field sobriety test but, then change my mind thinking I will pass the test. I blow a .115 the legal limit in Ohio is a .080 I also got a underage consumption AND I only have my permit in Ohio and I did not have a driver over 21. I had/have a valid driver's license in Florida though. I may be able to fight the permit charge. This is my first DUI and my first underage consumption. I have no past criminal history... only small traffic violations.

The judge is a family friend and also a family attorney but, he cant do my case because it happened in his district or some shit. Should i get an attorney for 750$ ( he said he might be able to get the DUI dropped to a wreck-less op because i tested so low) Or should I just go to the judge and get my fines. I really just want to know how much time I'm going to be doing.

I already know it was a dumb and wreckless thing to do ... I dint want to hear that shit... I just want to know what you all think me sentence will be.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: BuddahKillah]
    #3693226 - 01/28/05 01:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

you drink, you drive, you lose.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3693230 - 01/28/05 01:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

do whatever you can to get the DUI charged dropped. Spend the $750 on an attorney

You dont want something like that on your record

InvisibleWoodsCall
own it
 User Gallery

Loc: eye of the beerholder
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: Pathos]
    #3693296 - 01/28/05 01:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry to hear about that :frown: 

I've heard about the DUI program here in OHIO from a couple of people I work with.  They said it was horrible, but neither of them were forced to have those god-awful embarassing yellow and red DUI license plates. 

Definitely get those charges dropped by any means!!!  If you have to get those plates, you will be the scrutiny of pigs country-wide, not to mention fellow motorists.  I don't mean to freak you out or anything, but it's NOT WORTH IT!

If you are poor enough to get a public defender, do it.  They do an excellent job!  (there happens to be one in my family)  But if not, I would definitely fork out 750$ to get the charges either lessend or dropped. 

Good luck!

--------------------
Live free or die.

Edited by WoodsCall (01/28/05 03:35 PM)

Invisiblephalloidin

#3693330 - 01/28/05 02:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

in texas they'll give you another test at the jail which they video tape. If they did this to you and you pass all the tests on video then you have a decent chance of beating the charge. Get a good lawyer

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#3693444 - 01/28/05 02:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry to hear about the misfortune, but dude GET the lawyer trust me! Lawyers are worth every penny for this type of shit. First off they can jack you with a hefty fine if you are convicted, its on your record for a while and there are other repercusions as a result. I know from experience that getting a lawyer can pay off. If you go up there and plead guilty by yourself or even try to represent yourself you will get fucked. You need to get a lawyer and plead innocent. They know all the shit about the law and can find any holes if possible. Having a lawyer will help out immensely. If at all possible do some research or find someone knowledgeable that can help you to find an attorney that specializes with such cases.

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Where Art Meets Crime
    #3694125 - 01/28/05 05:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i dunno if spending $750 for a lawyer is gonna do too much.

i got a dui in WI, the fines totaled $1600 and licence suspension for 6 months.
i went in to court w/ no lawyer and got the same exact deal that the guy before me got and he had an atorney (who acted all impressed w/ himself that he got his client the deal, BTW)
they dropped my fines in half but still revoked my license for 6 months.

now, keep in mind the WI is pretty much the ONLY state where your first DUI is a civil offense, meaning no chance of jail time....simply a fine and a revokation.

you probalby wont beat the ticket. too many aggravating factors: underage, no official licence and despite what your advising attorney said, you blew way too high (almost .004 over) for the chance your charge will be lowered in status. maybe if you blew a .085 or something and you had a lenient judge i could see it...the attorney just wants to get paid.

Good luck w/ everything tho, i hope you beat it if you decide to fight!

edit: BAC levels corrected

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Edited by MrBump (01/28/05 06:54 PM)

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: Jim]
    #3694179 - 01/28/05 06:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GratefulJim said:

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: MrBump]
    #3694197 - 01/28/05 06:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

now, keep in mind the WI is pretty much the ONLY state where your first DUI is a civil offense, meaning no chance of jail time....simply a fine and a revokation.

heh. we're such hicks here. everyone drives drunk.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3694206 - 01/28/05 06:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Clean up, put on a tie, and set up an appointment and go in and talk to the prosecutor. You have a good shot at getting put on pretrial diversion so you won't have a conviction, since this is your first time. You will probably have to do some AA or something like that, and maybe some community service.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: Jim]
    #3694228 - 01/28/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GratefulJim said:

Yeah and sometimes unfortunately so do innocents that had nothing to do with it at all i.e. the poor soul who gets nailed by the DUI perp . And all us other bastards get higher insurance rates the more this type of thing happens .

I do not mean to be a dick and all , but I have ZERO sympathy for anyone who gets popped for DUI\DWI even if their rights were violated . And folks who look for a way out instead of just fessing up and taken their slap of justice sicken me to no end .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: MrBump]
    #3694255 - 01/28/05 06:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thecornking said:
you probalby wont beat the ticket. too many aggravating factors: underage, no official licence

:shake: :shake: :shake:

Maybe this will teach you NOT to drink and drive.

Everything happens for a reason.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Where Art Meets Crime
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3694300 - 01/28/05 06:56 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

heh. we're such hicks here. everyone drives drunk.

no shit, the eastside on a weekend night is like a minefield sometimes.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: tripndicular]
    #3694309 - 01/28/05 06:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

normally i would say lawyer but, you under age. that makes it worse i know in my state, missouri, the blood alcohol level for a minor only has to be .002 instead of .008 befor it is a DWI instead of a DUI. i guess i would still go with lawyer you passed the field test and after you passed the field test you should have got a ticket for not using your blinker and going through a truck stop and got to go in and go to bed. so i dont think the cop had the right to cuff you if you passed the test, but i dont have much expierence with this stuff.

my step dad on the other hand has gotten 6 DWI/DUI in the last 2 years he got out of the first three with lawyers, but then ran out of money so 4,5, and 6 had driving while suspended tacked on so he got jail time a total of 45 days. more fines than he can handle. i'm glad he got busted though he is such an asshole to me when he's drunk. he just loves to pick fights. but now he has to go to rehab to hah ha ha to him.

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: tripndicular]
    #3694315 - 01/28/05 06:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I actually think the laws are a bit hard on DUI. Things aren't always so clear cut imo. If a guy drinks three beers, then drives home and someone cuts him off by running a red light while not wearing his seatbelt, then that person dies because of the accident which he caused, well the guy who had the three beers is going to spend a good chunk of his life in jail. I'm not condoning drinking and driving, but a .08 bac doesn't always mean a person can't drive. If you can pass the field sobriety test, that is all that should matter.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: phalloidin]
    #3694351 - 01/28/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

there's no way to account for that relativity.

so we're stuck with the current system.

deal with it.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known
 Arcade Champion: Ms. Pacman, Pac Man, Tetris

Loc: t(here)
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: phalloidin]
    #3694386 - 01/28/05 07:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

next time, refused to take any field soberity test and dont blow but do be cooperative when the cop is trying to converse by replying simply with nodding your head. dont open your mouth to speak as he will smell alcohol from your breathe. doing all of this does not give the prosection any evidence that you were drunk. sure the will try to scare you by saying your going to lose your license for 6 months but the charges will get dropped in court.

this tek works in illinois and im the proof.

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: afoaf]
    #3694455 - 01/28/05 07:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The thing is, it really doesn't do anyone any good to put a DUI offender in prison. Prison is meant for rapists and murderers and such.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: gema]
    #3694467 - 01/28/05 07:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

What would happen if he had just refused to do the field tests and reserve his right to be silent?

What did they do in your case gema when you refused to do any of the tests? And how drunk were you?

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Fucking DUI... [Re: d33p]
    #3694485 - 01/28/05 07:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

the implied consent law requires you to submit to a breath test, otherwise you automatically lose your liscence.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub