Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Is my technique sound?
    #3692850 - 01/28/05 11:41 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I just ordered a syringe each of the PC Costa Rica and PC Mexi-Cub from T.H.E. 
To prepare my jars, I'm using one part BRF and 2 parts verm.  To get the water content right, I'm going to soak the verm and then drain it in a colander until it stops dripping.  Then I'll add the flour.  Is this a reliable method of determing correct water amounts? 
Then, fill the 1/2 pint tapered jars till 3/4" from the top, wiping the clean edges with a clean damp cloth, maybe a little rubbing alcohol swab.  Fill the rest with dry vermiculite.  I'd like to use tyvek as my barrier along with the lid (the ring).  Is tyvek water proof?  Do I need to further seal the tops when steaming to avoid getting extra water in the jars?  Should I add tin foil to the whole thing while steaming?  Also, is it safe to use the tyvek USPS priority mail bags?
I don't have a PC, so I will be steaming for two hours.  What should I use in the bottom of the pan to keep the jars from touching?  How high up ON THE JARS should the water be?
When the jars are done steaming, I'll let them cool for at least 8 hours, then inoculate in four equidistant spots in each jar, using 1.5 cc's for each one.  Can I inoculate right through the tyvek?
I'll be incubating either in a small cabinet, or a drawer using a heating pad.  I'll be monitoring with a thermometer, keeping it at around 84-85 degrees. 
5 days after the jars show full colonization, I'll be moving them to my terrarium.  I plan to dunk and roll the cakes, as well as cold shock.  Is it practical to soak the cakes in the refridgerator?  Also, how many hours should I soak and/or cold shock for?
My terrarium will be a Sterlite container, humidified with perlite, 2-3 inches with 1-1.25 inches of water.  I am considering placing the heating pad under the terrarium also, I need to figure out how cold it is usually in this room.  I plan on fanning 3-4 times per day.  Is this a good idea?  Should I fan more or less before or after pinning?
For a light, I'm using a desk lamp with a 15 watt bluish flourescent bulb for 12 hours/day. 

Does anyone have any suggestions, or see anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.  :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Child of God
 User Gallery
Loc: IN you miND
Re: Is my technique sound? [Re: Auryn]
    #3692925 - 01/28/05 12:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

you can use any type of grill that will fit, or towels in the steaming sterilization container .The water should be covering 2/3 of the jars. yes dunking a cake cant hurt, and they should be soaked for no less than 16,no more than 24 hours

if a point has no size. how can the parts of a line(points) be of an infinite value, when the line it self is finite.how can the sum of the parts be greater than the whole?

Re: Is my technique sound? [Re: DEMEGA]
    #3693630 - 01/28/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

bump.. opinions please!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation