Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSirus_Felwyn
Astute
Loc: Washington, America
How much to eat?
    #3689620 - 01/27/05 05:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ok. I'm going to get shrooms. This will be my first time. I want an awesome trip. How much should I eat? I don't know how much a gram is, and I don't have a scale. Could you tell me how much to eat besides using grams? Like maybe you could compare it to the weight of a quarter (i.e. 5 grams is like 18 quarters or whatever). I don't know if I'm getting dried or fresh ones yet, and I know that makes a differences. Or could you tell me how much to eat by pounds (I know that may seem silly). Or something... or is there another way I can find out how much to eat? Also, do I eat the entire thing (caps and stems)? Or just eat the head/cap, or the stalk/steam? Or what? Thank you for your time!

--------------------
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

"It is the Spirit who gives Life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are Spirit, and they are Life. But there are some of you who do not believe."

~Jesus Christ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
Re: How much to eat? [Re: Sirus_Felwyn]
    #3689690 - 01/27/05 05:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_dose.shtml

That should help you out with dosage man, in the future just check out the FAQs.

happy trip.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

OfflineTikiwoo
Psychedelic Monk
 User Gallery

Re: How much to eat? [Re: Sirus_Felwyn]
    #3689761 - 01/27/05 05:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

OK A Quarter is 7 Grams Dry. For Me and My Brother an Eighth Each, But First Time Half an Eight Will Have You Trip-pin. Its Almost 2 Grams But Not Quite Their. I Don't Know About Fresh Really Don't See Thous In Texas. First Time I Did Shroom Me And 3 Other people split A Quarter We Broke Up The Dry Crackled Shroom in 4 Even Piles Ate, and Had The Best Time Of My Life. And eat Everything In The Bag. I Evan Eat The Shroom Shack.

--------------------
Fallow me to the odyssey and the ecstasy of Psychedelics.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: How much to eat? [Re: Tikiwoo]
    #3689903 - 01/27/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've been dosing for years, and honestly, IMO, weighing is overrated. The way I used to do it was to just eat a bunch of shrooms. In my opinion, weighing is sign of commercialization. Everything comes in packages with a nice stamp on it saying it weighs 3.5 grams or whatever. Just eat a bunch and find out what it does- that was the way I grew up doing it. I may get flamed for giving this advice, but I think that's the best way to learn. Shrooms aren't going to kill you. I used to eat until I was full or just couldn't handle the taste of another.

Anyhow, good luck. Just remember they won't kill you, and no matter what you are thinking, it is just the trip that is making you feel that way. You can deal with the issues that come up during the trip after the trip. The trip is to discover issues, not to try to work them out. Work them out when sober.

JMHO.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: How much to eat? [Re: Supernova]
    #3690113 - 01/27/05 06:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Coming from the guy who ate 420 grams :smile: .

Sirus, if they are totally dry you can grind them into powder and measure them in gel-caps, or a teaspoon of dry shroom powder = about a gram, I think.

OfflineBrass
Medicine man

Loc: 42/34 N. 83/01 W.
Re: How much to eat? [Re: deafpanda]
    #3690276 - 01/27/05 07:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

how much you should eat depends alot on the potency. ive eaten 3g before and had a hella body buzz w/o OEVs...and ive eaten 2.5g and tripped mad cow balls with full fledged morphing OEVs and spectacular CEVs....almost to the point of losing touch with reality.

--------------------

As human beings, we are the facilitators of our own evolution.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: How much to eat? [Re: Brass]
    #3691966 - 01/28/05 12:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah...i would say its better to under do it, then to over do it.  No matter how much you think you know about it, its going to be completely new to you (the feeling, fast thoughts, come up)  I think it would be best to start of with 1.5g.  It will still be crazy, but it wont overpower you.  If feel bad in any way (sick, weird body feelings, paranoid) all you have to do is put on some music and change the set and setting.  Your mind will be moving so fast that it will forget about the bad feelings.  Any ways, remember when your tripping that Toddo sends you good vibes!! :grin: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: How much to eat? [Re: Toddo]
    #3692002 - 01/28/05 01:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I had an 1/8 first time around and had the greatest time of my life

--------------------

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: How much to eat? [Re: jux]
    #3692604 - 01/28/05 08:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Many people reccomend aiming low, but i dont really agree with this. The first trip is a very important one, It is the one that shows you the psychedelic world. In my opinion, considering average potency of cubes, 2.5 to 3 grams will give you a nice taste of the mushroom world, if you have experience with psychedelics, shit why not try 4 grams? Do whatever you feel is comfortable. Just remember if you want to do more, they increase the trip intensity exponentially.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineReprah
Baby Eater

Loc: England
Re: How much to eat? [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3692669 - 01/28/05 08:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Buy an eighth, but eat only half of it. That way you can dose yourself up halfway if you feel like it. =)

--------------------
Eat right and exercise. Don't smoke, drink or take drugs. Get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: How much to eat? [Re: Reprah]
    #3693048 - 01/28/05 10:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Supernova is right. There is really no way to tell if you are going to get exactly what you want. Unless you decide to overshoot the mark by a lot then you can be guaranteed to get what you want or don't want no matter what. It really depends on the shrooms. I have had shitty ones where a quarter of them barely got me tripping, and I peaked for maybe three seconds or so. It is best to start low cause for some one gram can blow you out of the water. But in my experience that is not the case, many people need to blow the doors of perception wide open with a huge dose or they complain of not getting what they want. My first dose was on five dried grams and they were alright but not really good mushrooms. I achieved a nice time, but the moral(hah!) of all this is that you never really know for sure how much you are going to get, but at least you know when you have shrooms as compared to acid which could be AMT or many other types of chemicals that are not acid. A mushroom is a mushroom but how much chemical is in it varies incredibly from grow to grow.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: How much to eat? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3706903 - 01/31/05 09:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

wading vs. diving...

I ate an eighth on a cheeseburger for my first. Definitely turned me "on". It was intense, but controlled... creating a general "awe" for my surroundings. No time for panic/paranoia when you're in a safe setting and immersed like that.

--------------------
Echoes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag