Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshadow69playa
$h?0om3?y C?34t0?

reusing spores
    #3688153 - 01/27/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well back on the 23 of sept. i recieved a spore syringe of b+. i had a grow log if anyone remembers me. but i have a question.

there are still some spores in the syringe, its about 1/4 full still.
i was wondering if i can still reuse that? i DO have spore prints if i cant, but ( i dont want to waste any spores).

the syringe was stored in my closet. which is cold (below 60F) most of the time ( becasue its in the basement)

can i still use these? if so are there any procedures i need to go by. i was just going to heat up the needle red hot.. spray some out and use what ever is left. Is this the proper way?

also i cant seem to find the posts about how to use prints properly. i heard a plastic bag meathod a while ago but i cant seem to remember how to do it? ( also can i use the same syringe for the prints?)

thanks ..                (im so happy to be back :smile: ) lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJimber510
Traveler
Re: reusing spores [Re: shadow69playa]
    #3688503 - 01/27/05 12:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There is a good chance that the spores are still viable...
However, they may take a little longer to germinate.

You can reuse the syringe, but you must sterilize it first.
There are tons of teks about sporeprinting to syringes.

My personal favorite method is to suck up some water into the syringe, then put it needle side up (so the water doesn't squirt out) in a quart jar and PC to sterilize.
Then squirt the now sterile water from the syringe into a small jar and scrape spores into the water from the print and suck the water back up. (This last step should be done in a glove box for best results.) Also, you can PC the small jar w/ the syringe, just wrap it in aluminum foil and then transfer it all to the golvebox.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: reusing spores [Re: Jimber510]
    #3689290 - 01/27/05 04:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

jimber i know you didnt imply to boil the syringe with the spores in it, but it sure did sound that way. just use the syringe its still good.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale