Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Cannaibis detoxification
    #3688607 - 01/27/05 01:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I stopped smoking cannabis almost 4 months now, after a massive abuse... i was smoking non stop from the very first day i met Miss Maryjane (7.5 years ago)

I smoked smoked smoked, and then smoked some more....things got worse after i met this outdoor-grower, with 20 years of experience on his back, he was cultivating this weed that actually felt like an LSD trip when smoked...

So i got really addicted, and decided i had to start smoking pure weed only, no tabbaco in my joints or bong....

So i smoked smoked smoked, untill i couldn't even get erections anymore...well, after that i thought i had enough, so i started this detoxification process....

I started eating super healthy(+detoxification herbs and plants), going to the gym, doing saunas, sleeping well, eating shrooms rarely and actually feeling a bit human again...

The thing is....that i still got this super lazyness...and hunger, as if i am still stone...still feel really heavy and my eyes are pretty red...i know my spirit is not completely cured, since i can't stop thinking of weed multiple times a day...

...still thinking like a stoner, and can't focus on something for long...i really need to concentrate and its not easy at all....

Does anyone out there know how long this could last??? Am i ever gonna feel sober again?? Anything else i could do to speed up the process a bit?

Note:In the mean time i used various chemicals to alter my brain too, so i think it must be a sum-up of all in this come down?

Thanx for any help

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Cannaibis detoxification [Re: Sterile]
    #3688625 - 01/27/05 01:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So i smoked smoked smoked, untill i couldn't even get erections anymore.

Are you sure that was the weed? I've never heard of anything like that.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3688626 - 01/27/05 01:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

aww fuck it man smoke one up.  You already look high :shrug:

jokin

I hear it takes a while longer like you wont realy be back to normal for a year or so.  But by then how the hell ya going to know that it was realy any different from smokin herb.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #3688631 - 01/27/05 01:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

four months and you still feel this way?? Do you smoke cigarettes- ?this is the only thing I could think that would cause it..
Green tea helps, and exercise, and eating right.. Basicly everything you did already... 4 months is a crazy long time to still be feeling that

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Re: Cannaibis detoxification [Re: flowstone]
    #3688707 - 01/27/05 01:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

As long as you are burning old fat there will be thc in your system. So I gues you just need to sweat it out.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Cannaibis detoxification [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3688742 - 01/27/05 01:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh ya, I forgot to ask if he was chubby or even just a tad overweight

I know your body turns its fat reserves over every so often, but I guess 4 months and it is still turning...

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Cannaibis detoxification [Re: Phluck]
    #3688763 - 01/27/05 01:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
So i smoked smoked smoked, untill i couldn't even get erections anymore.

Are you sure that was the weed? I've never heard of anything like that.

Huh?  Can this be real :confused:

Quote:

The thing is....that i still got this super lazyness...and hunger, as if i am still stone...still feel really heavy and my eyes are pretty red...

I don't know about anyone else, but after smoking for years, only certain strains give me laziness, rarely do I get the munchies, and my eyes only get really red once in a while with a few strains or after long breaks - let alone have *none* of these things ever manifested after the fact (certainly not MONTHS after).

I think you've got other problems, man :frown:

--------------------
delta9

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#3688780 - 01/27/05 02:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
As long as you are burning old fat there will be thc in your system. So I gues you just need to sweat it out.

THC metabolites only, which, I am under the impression, are quite inactive.

--------------------
delta9

Re: Cannaibis detoxification [Re: delta9]
    #3688788 - 01/27/05 02:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe the metabolites are whats making him lethargic and red eyed. :shrug:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#3688804 - 01/27/05 02:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for spelling "metabolites" correctly...  how the hell did that 'y' get in there? :rolleyes:

Anyway...  Can't find any exact references right this second (cursory search) but I do believe they are totally inactive and can't do anything really to you.

--------------------
delta9

#3688815 - 01/27/05 02:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I didnt even know you misspelled it. I wonder what the deal is though. Maybe he got mono?

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#3688833 - 01/27/05 02:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, according to Ask Erowid "Help, I'm experiencing the effects of cannabis and LSD four months later":

Question
Quote:

About 5 or 6 months ago I started smoking marijuana quite regularly and took acid four times. The last time I took drugs was nearly 4 months ago. I am getting quite agitated with the fact that I still don't always seem to think straight. My memory doesn't seem to be quite there (for example I am forgetting names of famous actors and places I have been to - stuff I never used to have trouble remembering) and I often feel like I am making strange associations with things. When I read I sometimes feel that my brain is trying to think too fast for itself; before I have gotten to words it makes incorrect assumptions about what they are. It's difficult to describe this all well, as I'm sure you understand. I also get the odd visual distortion (small bright flashes every few days and when I stare at geometric shapes for a while they start moving). I have read up on just about everything I have found about LSD and a lot on marijuana too. Nothing reassures me about how long this might last and it can really irritate me, especially when I try to study. Please would you give me your expert opinion on the situation. I'd really appreciate it.

Answer
Quote:

If you believe you are still having detrimental effects although you have not taken anything for four months, you may want to see a psychiatrist or neurologist. Generally, psychedelics do not alter your neurochemistry permanently. If you have had some psychological/neurological reaction to the drugs you have taken, and these effects are still persisting, this may be indicative of a deeper neurological or psychological problem. Whether the symptoms you are experiencing were caused by LSD/cannabis or not, if they are interfering with your daily life, please think about seeking professional help.

While not exactly the same situation... I'm going to have to agree. Sterile should visit a doctor or two, as there is probably something else effecting him.

--------------------
delta9

#3688857 - 01/27/05 02:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So it can also be a feeling of unfofillment on his part. Maybe there is a deeper meaning to his life and until he finds his path he will be in this state of nonaawakening like boredum.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3688879 - 01/27/05 02:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmm....but Sterile's symptoms don't sound much like the ones you just posted.  Sounds like this guy's got mild HPPD or psychosis - Sterile's just lazy and hungry :smile: .

While you may not have had any adverse effects from long-term weed smoking, I know I had some when I was smoking all the time.  I was lazy as fuck.  IMO, it is not a huge stretch of the imagination to think that the weed that caused this lasting laziness.  I'm sure I'm lazier than I was before I started smoking weed.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: Cannaibis detoxification [Re: deafpanda]
    #3688938 - 01/27/05 02:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I know, I said it wasn't quite the same.

Also, I think you think you are lazier now than before you ever smoked weed because you are taught and conditioned to think that.

He lists more problems than long lasting laziness, also he was suffering from erectile dysfunction which is only associated with cannabis as a myth and scare tactic. Seriously, I think there is a lot more than cannabis at work here.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
    #3688941 - 01/27/05 02:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There is a THC calculater on Erowid that works out how long it takes for THC to leave your system. It's in the cannabis vault.

Maybe it's the other things you are taking that are making you feel this way? You could try quitting all drugs, herbs and similar things to see if that makes a difference. 4 months is a long time for you to be still feeling the effects.. even if you smoke everyday for 50 years it shouldn't take that long for the THC to leave your system because your body can only hold so much. Look at that THC calculator and stop taking drugs or detoxifying thingys.

my 2 cents

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3688967 - 01/27/05 02:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Also, I think you think you are lazier now than before you ever smoked weed because you are taught and conditioned to think that.

What do you mean? Conditioned by myself? I never believed that cannabis could have any long-term negative effects until I quit smoking it, so I didn't create a self-fulfilling prophecy, if that's what you mean. No-one told me weed would make me lazy, here in the UK our drugs education is actually fairly accurate on information (although it does tell you to just say no). I don't think that cannabis has negative effects on everyone, but I don't think it's as benign as many make it out to be.

And yeah, I agree the erectile dysfunction thing is certainly not the weed.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3689133 - 01/27/05 03:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So no weird conversations based on a smoked up high during the gathering for you?  :smirk:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineChingChong
Non-OffensiveTalker

Loc: Where the buffalo roam
    #3689175 - 01/27/05 03:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The weed probly made him to lazy to even get it up. No boners for you...

--------------------
How can one murder enormously if one is microscopic.

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Cannaibis detoxification [Re: ChingChong]
    #3690251 - 01/27/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ehem,

let me make a couple of things clear.

First of all,thanx for all of your opinions/advice.

I must let you know i am quite skinny, (65.000 grams)+ i don't smoke

The erections problem, was caused by cannabis , thats for shure, it lasted just for a week or so, and that was caused by smoking one huge bong of straight greek weed every one hour or so (try it)  :laugh: as soon as i stopped this extreme abuse, my birdy came up again. :thumbup:

Now i got this one friend of mine that also agrees on the "one year" lasting detoxification that one of you mentioned. Notice that i DO feel a bit better , i was just wondering how much longer it might last till i eventually feel free of  the psychological addiction part and the rest of the physiological disorders

I was wondering when i will stop looking at myself as a stoner.

I am planning to keep off weed, at least till the shroomery meeting in Amsterdam, and even then, i ll only smoke with a Vaporizor, i have learned to appraise my health.

One other thing that might play a role here, is my unlimited love for Amanitas...(they are kind of narcotic, and could be responsible for the sleepy part of my problem)

As a raver, i have been abusing MDMA and Cannabis in an
unusuall extreme,but i feel better every week, and i can see that from the way i think.

By observing my thought-chain, i see things from different perspectives now.
(more control over choosing subject to think about)

Its not a matter of the substances you use. It is the consumption rate that harms humans.

Life is a constant change, and the closer you are to this universal truth, the more you can actually live and feel...

I stopped smoking not from hate against cannabis, but because i really learned how to love it.

In order to get high, one must learn how to come down too.

If you stay high, you can't tell the difference anymore, and you loose all the magic.

The alternation of the climate for example, is the basic reason for life existance on earth. (NASA Documentary)

The constant change for us humans is the essence of the psychedelic explorations...

Don't be a slave of your favourite substance!

Free your mind...earth grows millions of plants that you may like to use.
:mushroom2:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (01/27/05 07:33 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale