Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Hygrometer, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCheesekiller
Mad Scientist
Male

Loc: Central NY
dry substrate
    #3688778 - 01/27/05 04:02 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Hello there.

This is my first time trying bulk substrates. I have 4 fully colonized plastic bins. They are in larger bins with perlite for humidity. The problem is the substrates seem to have dried out to the point where they appear to be in in a hibernation. I want to know if there is some way to bring them back to life. The bins they are in have holes in them. I was thinking about removing the tops and taping plastic on them instead. Then just keeping the perlite wet.

They are a amazonian strain. Maybe they are ready for the cold shock and just waiting for me to do it. I'm not sure.

Cheesekiller

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: dry substrate [Re: Cheesekiller]
    #3689169 - 01/27/05 05:33 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

this would probably be more appropriate for the cultivation forum.
straw, or poo? spawned with what?
the highest reccomended humidity for casings is 92 percent. i've found that perlite in a tub, will usually keep it at 98, little bit too high. do you mist them?
if you case with straight coir you can tell when it is time to mist again because it will get dry any become a lighter color. i'll bet if you re-post this in the cult. you'll find all the answers you need.
hope they start pinning for you, though..,>()<

--------------------

OfflineCheesekiller
Mad Scientist
Male

Loc: Central NY
Re: dry substrate [Re: psilocyben]
    #3755624 - 02/09/05 12:56 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

So your saying that I really should get a hygrometer or something to check the humidity? The substrates are made from pasteurized horse dung and the casing is a simple 50/50 peat moss and vermiculite.

I have 4 plastic trays (12" X 12" X 4"). I just got a mushroom to pop up last week. Just one but it was huge. It was 7 inches long with a stem size of a quarter and a cap size of a silver dollar(It didn't get to open up). It weighed over 35 grams fresh. So its working I just have to get them to pin. By the way the four of us that ate the mus room with dinner that night were very impressed.

Cheesekiller

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: dry substrate [Re: Cheesekiller]
    #3755932 - 02/09/05 02:21 PM (12 years, 16 days ago)

Yes, you should have a hygrometer

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Hygrometer, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation