Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Tapestry

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
excessive aggressiveness through overcompensation
    #3687802 - 01/27/05 10:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

most people who have taken a psychology course know the concept of an inferiority complex - a feeling of inferiority that is wholly or partly unconscious often resulting in the subject of my post, excessive aggressiveness through overcompensation.

my question is, do you think the anonymity of a web forum allows this unconscious pathology to manifest in all out field day whereas it needs to find more subtle expressions in face to face interactions due to the fears that they'll be perceived as a "no good shit" - that the ugly, untenable, unsociable behavior would be exposed?

~
now, hypothetically follow along:
suppose one is in such a situation of being in the company of somebody exceedingly comfortable with themselves that posed no threat, and is trying to connect (maybe a blind date)- they mention a personal ideology that this person finds utterly ludicrous.

later at work, say this person is jockeying for a position at work and their boss mentions some personal ideology that strikes a nerve with them.

finally, somebody online here shares their personal ideology and revelations: maybe after an acid trip or going to church frequently or reading scientific journals..... BOOM! the building up frustrations - the blind date who was trying to connect when this person was maybe aiming to impress, the boss who this person does all the "real" work for and gets paid dollars and cents comparatively....- all gets channeled into systematically tearing to pieces somebody's thoughts. this might still be guised in ways to feel superior to maintain some since of rational perhaps by believing "a philosophy forum is where people come to debate" (regardless of whether or not this person asked for a debate) or perhaps just full blown need to portray somebody as a "pathetic feeble minded person"

maybe this even drags the person who is experiencing a high from sharing their ideology into their own feelings of insecurity and feeds into their own paranoia and they get down and nasty too!

this situation was merely some improvisational "reverse engineering" of behaviors on forums that i have observed to be excessive agressiveness through overcompensation due most likely to an inferiority complex - do you find this scenario plausible?
what do you think of this psychology concept?

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: excessive aggressiveness through overcompensation [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #3687917 - 01/27/05 11:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think that was pretty insightful of you cosmic joke. Lets look at the upside that can come from that.

If people are going through repressing themselves for social gain of some form, that is not healthy. Easy to see how a message board can be a place to let it all fly loose and get some relief.

It's what happens after that which is the phase I am most interested in. When the self is expressed out there, put right in front of one in type, does anyone take a moment to reflect on themselves.

Does anyone ever re read what they posted and say, "hmmmmmm that's a part of me right there. How do I feel about that part of me? If it is a part I hide from the world because I wish to be respected and thought well of, why would one not respect or think well of me for thinking and feeling this way?"

The answer is simple. It's not that anyone has wrong or bad thoughts and feelings, its that the beholder of them doesn't respect or think well enough of themselves. When you respect and think well of your own thoughts and feelings, it's easy to share them anywhere with grace and in high healthy esteem of yourself.

There is another consideration. Often, we repress parts of ourselves because we feel others won't understand, but a message board related to those "special interest" is a place where we allow ourselves to be more open with self expression because we believe the chance of being understood is much greater.

I think the desire to want to be understood by others is really just a desire to better understand the self. A healthy self esteem comes through achieving greater levels of self understanding and confidence of knowing the self and what it is and can do and be.

So of course, message boards with spacial interest topics are full of people really looking to understand themselves better to improve a sense of healthy esteem and confidence to take with them into their life off the board.

Of course one is going to have low confidence in areas of themselves they don't even fully understand. Some choose to just express themselves in the areas they understand well and are confident in, but then, what is their gain or benefit besides what they get out reinforcing those areas for added strength.

How many look to put the areas they are not so sure about out there to better develop self understanding and esteem to be more fully rounded out and confident to live in greater comfort, ease and grace off the boards?

If you respect and think well of yourself, your own thoughts and feelings, you can express them freely and confidently anywhere with ease and you just won't care about what others think. If you can't do it anywhere off a board if the topics arise, and save it for a forum, then, there is something there to work on.

That something may even be, how one withholds off the boards to avoid conflict with people they care about or want something from, but here, what reason do people have to care about others and what can anyone get from another here?

I agree, that ties into a subconscious need to work out inner conflicts about areas of the self we have yet to understand(where low esteem dwells) to a place of reconciliation within to be at peace with it.

I feel like I just talked in a circle and I did because this is an issue of looping the self in and out in and out, like sewing oneself into a stronger fabric or being. You can if you are aware of this.

if you are not, and the threads going out just come back the same as they left you, you will have a strong tight knot being created of the self. If every time, you put a thread of yourself out there and it comes back with added threads and new colors, you weave a larger tapestry and grow in size and ease of flexibility. A knot doesn't cover much area and has no flex or sense of ease in movement.

Thanks for the inspiration cosmic joke. I enjoyed looking at this in a way I never did before!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: excessive aggressiveness through overcompensation [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3690515 - 01/27/05 10:15 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Gettinjiggywithit:  Namaste, I've been watching your posts for awhile now (i suspect you'd be a jewel of a blind date :wink:  - I just wanted to say your thoughtful response was a kickstart to a really enlivening day - I'm going to read and reread your post and let it sink in real good and get back to it tomorrow.  I need be there for my love right now, his experiences today were not quite so good :frown: 

But one thing, a quote, which I think you will find insightful if I'm interpreting your thoughts correctly:

(concerning the subconscious mind.....)

"It takes everything personally. It keeps a photocopy of
everything. Whenever you criticize, resent, judge and
project negative thoughts and feelings onto others, you
experience the negativity as your own."

http://www.totransformyou.com/

So, as I think you were saying and definately feel myself to be true, it's very easy to see the subconscious forces in somebody elses mind, but that is a world away from recognizing the source of these experiences comes from one's own self.

Again, thank you.  In this case, your one reply hit the spot.

Peace & Blessings,

CJ

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3691369 - 01/28/05 12:06 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Aye yi yi, I just reread what I wrote and that was heady and intense. I must've been in thought streams this morning because now, I feel like Homer Simpson and have smoke coming from my ears by running RPMs to high in first gear.

This morning, I had these pictures in my head and they were so clear to see and understand and I typed from them. Now 12 hours later, I read what I typed and am like , each paragraph requires 10-20 minutes of thought to fully grasp the picture it came from.

Give me something simple and I will complicate the hell out of it just to make it more interesting to myself. LOL Now, I want to understand myself better and why I do that.

I feel like I have this part of me that is short and simple and another part that is long and complicated that fits in the space of the short and simple. I have great difficulty separating myself from the long one to write from the short one when my awareness is in the long one. When in the short one, I write short, simple and silly.

My favorite books have been ones that take me 6 hours to get through one page because every other sentence is firing off these massive pictures that contain a thousands words of understanding.

Sometimes, I have pictures in my head made up of a thousand words and when I sum them up into 200 words they come out condensed and intense.  Gomp has told me that he likes to read what I write because he can see the pictures.

I have been sitting here for 20 minutes since that last paragraph wanting to understand this. Is gomp the only one here who sees the pictures I write from or who sees pictures behind words in general?

I just realized I am a living example of some of what I wrote about in my first reply. I feel like I want to ask, does anyone understand what I write because I want to better understand myself why I write it.

Stuff comes out of me that is news to me. I really am a simple minded person who just wants to play and day dream and then make the dreams come true. I hated school, I hated reading and writing and learning. Why do I now seek to suck up information like a hoover vacuum on speed and why does stuff come out of me I never knew I knew and why do I spend so much time reading, writing and learning now with my life?

I don't know this person in me at all I am just realizing for the first time. For the last ten years I have been typing books I never take to get published because they are too intense, writing on message boards and there is this person I have been putting out in front of me for 10 years now and I feel like I don't know her at all, all of a sudden, but I would swear I did until now.

I never would've realized this were it not for this thread cosmic joke and just  rereading what I wrote this morning. When I get my energy up tomorrow, I want to reread it again and see what solution I had for myself in there now that I know there is a problem to resolve. This is like, simple silly Cindy, meet hyper intense ass Cindy, shes a long lost part of you, get to know her and hang on cuz your in for a wild ride.

Shes too much for me to handle or fully accept and maybe that's why I have been throwing that part of me out there all this time.

I would normally delete something like this "as a meant for me only to see" in a heart beat. I sound nuts now, I know, and it will be straightened up by morning. I am actually going to post it because it sort of demonstrates an experiential aspect of what I wrote about in my first reply.

I just realized how I have clown school for my location and a Sig that asks why aren't you laughing because I just want to be simple silly Cindy again and I'm not and I have to accept that.

Who is that person, within all of you that you are throwing out there, they you can't fully contain handle or accept? You wouldn't be throwing it out there other wise. This is all like a way of discharging excess energy we can't integrate. Well mother may, I never saw it like this before.

Do we throw out what is to good for us to keep. Do we throw out what is to bad for us to keep, do we just throw out what we can't understand and get a handle on hoping some one else may be able to for us? Damn this is deep.

I want to go on a mini sabbatical with this one.

It's like I am cracking AGAIN, but that is good, to crack, it means new seeds are ready to take root and sprout within. Seed cases within are cracking open when you feel like you are cracking up and new growth occurs.

I want to scream fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, how many shells do we have to break through in a life already and when does it end? Sometimes, I feel like I wish I could just blow to pieces already the pressure to contain something larger then myself gets so great.

Off to get a grip on myself if that's possible. I should go back to my old location of space splat. I need a systems upgrade again I think:crazy2:

and.........why aren't you laughing if your not? Life is some funny shit;)

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: excessive aggressiveness through overcompensation [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3716583 - 02/02/05 12:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Oh lordy, truly - a few days ago a car ran a read light and hit ours (is why I never got back to these posts). Fortunately, we have an SUV and were wearing seatbelts, but they however weren't wearing theirs and their heads cracked the windshield. Also, they didn't have driver's licenses or insurance, other things I happen to take for granted. We are fully insured and have $15,000 set aside for a car alone. In no time we got a rental car. My glasses were thrown from my face and broke, which I'm very reliant on, but I got another pair from Lenscrafters, it took an hour to make.
More often than not I'm such a bliss ninny that I am so already immersed in Consciousness that I wouldn't miss my body at all. Well, that day I got a good taste of my own body, its seatbelt bruise across my chest and the bang of a gearshift against my knee and the awful look of foolish mentality of kids who think they're invulnerable intwined to their bloody faces being scraped off a windsheild and sped off in an ambulence, and my fear for them. I feel grateful I still have the chance for natures plan to go its course for me, from seed to child to man to elder and death, ya know? You know, the simple twists of fate - be it car crashes, or tsunamis, or wars or whatever seem pretty fucked up from my perspective right now. This chance to breath, laugh, love, learn is just so very valuable that i want to see the whole biological blueprint all the way through.

~~~~
But really, you seem hella fun... We should devote a thread to some really experimental form of expressing ourselves. I love to create songs with fruity loops, make pictures with adobe photoshop, write poems - and go absolutely nutso with myself in ways i'd never normally share here. But give me a few more days to process this car crash thing.

Right now I think my system just needs shut off a few days before I boot up again :P

Blessings

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3718418 - 02/02/05 11:56 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

excessive paragraphs through overcompensation?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Tapestry

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology