Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Can someone set me straight on prints?
    #3687615 - 01/27/05 06:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm almost ready to make some prints, how do I go about this?
Don't the spores need to be absolutly sterile?
If I go to the trade thread, will the print I recieve be sterile?
Is there a way I can sterilize the spores before or while filling the syringe?
I want to use agar's bag tek.

TYIA

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: Can someone set me straight on prints? [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3687624 - 01/27/05 06:55 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wipe tuppeware out with rubbing alcholhol, wipe down a piece of alum foil then wipe razor- cut stype as close to cap as possible, drop cap on foil close up shop and check it in 12 hours. Then take it out and fold up print.

Not sure if that is what your looking for.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3687626 - 01/27/05 06:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes you need sterile spores. You "clean" them by agar cultivation transfering the healthy myc away o new plates till it dont contam anymore.

You want a print tek or a syringe making tek? Since you already mention agars print tek I assume you wanna make a syringe?

I make my syringe like this:
- take a jar where the mushroomcap fits in
- puncture a hole in the lid where your needle fits through
- cover hole with tyvek or stuff with polyfill
- put lid on jar and pc for 15 minutes
- let cool
- take it to your mushrooms, loosen the lid so that you can open it quickly later on
- put a alcohol wiped pin (punaise, nail) in the cap of your choice
- cut the stem as high as possible while you hold the pin.
- quickly transfer it to the jar and place it at the bottom
- just as quick put the lid back on
- let it print 24 hours
- take cap out by the pin, lid back and fast
- sterile syringe (50 CC is good for one print)with sterile water (boil both, or PC) or suck boiling water in syringe and squirt out a few times (in the sink or sumting) then suck in again.
- let cool
- clean the needle, as if you were inoculating, and squirt the water in the jar through the hole
- shake and suck it back (better to scrape the spores from the bottom with a clean scalpel in a clean room and THEN shake)
You could also put non sticky paper or alufoil at the bottom so the spores dont have to be scraped off and you can just shake.

This is how I do it. Making sporeprints is about the same. Take the cap out and store the jar for later use! :laugh: You can also print on alufoil in there (magash tek) and fold the alufoil so your sporeprints take less space. But the more transferring the more contam risks, imho.

Is your question answered?

MF

--------------------

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
    #3687633 - 01/27/05 07:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you don't have any contamination, then they are OK. Spores from inside the gill of an uncontaminated shroom are as sterile as a new born baby comming from, well, you know...

Do your print in the bag, like agar suggests, and all will be good. I prefer to place my caps over a glass of sterile water, suspended above with sterile toothpicks punched into the cap, so it floats above the water. However, I have also made (Dog cone rings) which are cones like you see dogs wear to stop them from biteing thier stitches. A round piece of paper is cut about the size of a coffee cup. Then in the center you cut a hole about the size of a quarter. Finally a line is cut from the outside to the center so you can tape it into a cone shape by overlapping the cut line after you put it around the shroom, while it is still growing. I also put foil around the stalk where the cone would normally touch the shroom. To limit possible contact contamination from moisture transfer. More complex, but the spore count is higher.

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Can someone set me straight on prints? [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3687793 - 01/27/05 08:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

K, let me elaborate a little. i want to make prints that i can trade.
Do I just put the caps down on tin foil? Sterile tin foil?
I don't know about the environmental conditions that are required.
I like the idea of using a square of autoclave bag and impulse sealer, so that when they are ready for use, you just inject sterile water to make a syringe, as agar said.
I wanna make sure i send off good prints. Also, is it likely i will recieve good prints?
But, where the caps lie, glove box? how sterile does this process need to be for success?

TY for your input

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (01/27/05 08:56 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3687803 - 01/27/05 08:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the work is best done in a glove box, and sterility is a big issue especialy if
you plan on trading.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3687811 - 01/27/05 09:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LouiseLouise said:
K, let me elaborate a little. i want to make prints that i can trade.
Do I just put the caps down on tin foil? Sterile tin foil?
I don't know about the environmental conditions that are required.
I like the idea of using a square of autoclave bag and impulse sealer, so that when they are ready for use, you just inject sterile water to make a syringe, as agar said.
But, where the caps lie, glove box? how sterile does this process need to be for success?

TY for your input

Yes foil straight from package will do , but if want to be extra careful , just cut into squares fold in half stick in oven @350*F for 1 hr , then store in zip lock bag .
Cut stem as close to cap as possible , place on clean foil in a cabinet or some place where you can minimze air flow , cover with clean jar or coffee cup to further protect print from getting dust etc on it , let sit for min of 12 hrs (should make for nice dark prints)remove cap , recover with cup, let sit for 6 hrs to dry , then fold back in half and double fold edges to seal in . Bingo Bango print ready for stoage or trade . Do not forget to label with species , date , size , darkeness .
Be as clean as humanly possible and the prints will be fine , oh yeah good idea to use gloves the whole time , for more than one reason  :wink:
When you do not have a true lab setting there is always a chance of dirty prints , but if one takes decent measures to protect prints they will be okay , and hell what can folks expect for free ? :wink:
Hope this helps
GL
PS not into the syringe thing so wont even try to guide you there .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineSunshinePounder
The Girl withthe Sun in HerEyes

Loc: Peace Man!
Re: Can someone set me straight on prints? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3687930 - 01/27/05 09:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thanx, I understand.
So trading prints is ify?

--------------------
My [url=www.http://tinyurl.com/6valr target=_blank]Unitarian Jihad Name[/url] is: Sister Claymore of The Short Path
Get yours

If I was the sun, I'd look for the shade~Liberty

Baby I love you, and you love me. Let's love each other to eternity~

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Can someone set me straight on prints? [Re: SunshinePounder]
    #3688298 - 01/27/05 11:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well, i've not had problems with sterility since i started using my HEPA. I get an extra sterile rubbermaid, put down some heavy tinfoil, and put the caps in there. leave overnight, prints show up.

I've also covered them with a jar before, this works very well. Also printing them to the bottom of a jar works if you're going to make a syringe.

Don't print on crappy paper or light foil. :frown:

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Invisiblemadsickpenguin
Re: Can someone set me straight on prints? [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3688376 - 01/27/05 12:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Does wally sell heavy duty tinfoil?

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Can someone set me straight on prints? [Re: SunshinePounder]
    #3688585 - 01/27/05 01:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SunshinePounder said:
thanx, I understand.
So trading prints is ify?

Not really , most folks tke pretty good care when printing . And if you move up to agar work , even some of the nastiest prints can be utilized . But all in all most prints I have ever gotten from folks were fine for use . But lets be real there are no guarantees  :wink: And most folks are cool enough , that they ill send you another if you had problems . That is what makes this place so great IMO .

SO TRADE AWAY IT IS WHAT KEEPS THE MUSHIES ALIVE !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Can someone set me straight on prints? [Re: madsickpenguin]
    #3688594 - 01/27/05 01:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

madsickpenguin said:
Does wally sell heavy duty tinfoil?

YES just think REYNOLDS brand , not some cheap ass store brand ,is all folks are suggesting . And if you make choice to use the non stick stuff , be prepared to hand make labels , and warn folks how easy it is to spill the print when they go to open it up . The foil refuses even permanent marker , masking tape works best , and the print itself will not stick to the foil , it will flake off as a waffer or in lrg clumps . Should make syringe makers kinda happy , seeing how scraping spores from foil is no issue .
GL

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures