Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
The Fractal Nature of Life
    #3684839 - 01/26/05 06:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It is often observed that life of an individual has the tendency to follow the life as a whole, including his species and before that, the union of his species with other species. This is commonly shown in the example of the similarities of embryos of different animals, and as their growth progresses only then do they slowly start to get the differences that later distinguish a pig from a human. Now assuming this is true, could we not trace the beginning of life by the beginning of an organism?

By this logic, it would also state that the earlier organisms branched off from each other, the more different their beginnings and progress would be, while those that branched off only relatively recently, such as a human and an ape, would take longer for the differences to appear. If you also follow this after birth, it becomes evident, as the baby first is reliant on its mother, then starts to crawl, then walk, speak and read over time, that this is also like the evolution of human intellect. Enlightenment also appears relatively late in life, often the mid thirties, which for a human organism in the wild may be nearing the end of its life, or in terms of time, the modern day. This may mean that, looking at it from a fractal viewpoint, it is possible our species as a whole may be coming to a time when enlightenment is this norm, but right now it is very rare and near the end of a normal life outside of civilization.

If you also go back to the beginning, assuming it's a fractal vision, could you not find what may be a symbol for the sources of life? Perhaps the swimming sperm towards the inert egg, the union of the yin and the yang, or other ways of perception.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: Ravus]
    #3685023 - 01/26/05 07:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, so people seem to think that they have this "basic" understanding. Like, religious types are always saying that morality is inherant and universal. For example, the aliens on star trek are (mostly) just like us in their perceptions of good and evil.

People seem to think that if aliens were to show up one day (presumably when we have our act together as a civilization and are no longer extoling the virtues of petrotyranny, et al.) we're going to be able to peacefully co-exist because "peace is unversal."

So would these basic truths be programmed into all life from the very beginning, meaning that as the species and enlightenments fractal they have something to draw on to bring them together? Or would, as I believe, sets of morality develope with those biological and intellectual fractions into infinite possibilites; thereby making "coming together" of differing species/civilizations impossible (as is the case between us and the animals.)

yes, i realize i didn't answer any of your questions, but like all good topics it gave me some ideas that i decided to run with. feel free to expound on your own ideas, all.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3685179 - 01/26/05 07:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: Gomp]
    #3686678 - 01/26/05 11:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

coming together" of differing species/civilizations impossible (as is the case between us and the animals.)

/me pets his domesticated cat which purrs contentedly on his lap

/me rides his well-trained horse into battle

/me impresses his friends with the many tricks he's trained his dog to do, including 'beg', 'fetch', 'shake a paw', and 'roll over'

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3686882 - 01/27/05 12:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

even when a fractal has a clear shape
that it is fractal
makes it hard to determine where and
on which scale of which curve it is at.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
    #3686972 - 01/27/05 12:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

is that a male spirit possessing a female body

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3686985 - 01/27/05 12:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

enlightenment can be achieved at any age
the age gap may result in a reduced generational change rate
in a land of information and rapid change
this may slow down the process of reaching optimal experience

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3687006 - 01/27/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
hard to determine where and
on which scale of which curve it is at.

ok, let's say you got 'real' fractals, which is to say, fractals you can actually go out into the field and find, or generate on a computer, in real life. and you also got 'ideal' fractals, which is to say, fractals which only exist theoretically in our minds, and are therefore perfect.

would an 'ideal' fractal go on forever in both directions? I mean, the fact that 'real' fractals have start and end points due to the size of the units from which they're made is sort of arbitrary, isn't it? which is to say, the locations of said start and end points are arbitrary. the curving shape of a fractal can't keep going smaller and smaller, smaller than the atoms which make it up, or the processing power of the Cray supercomputer that's gnerating it. and can't go bigger and bigger because eventually it becomes too heavy to support itself here on Earth with earth's specific gravity, er whatever.

but if you find yourself sitting on part of an 'ideal' fractal, you can look in both directions and it goes forever. you are in the center. just like in our universe (assuming it is infinite spatially, which is an unsafe assumption at best), any point you care to think of is the exact center.

but is what I just said even relevant, considering you'll never be able to locate one of these 'ideal' fractals here in the mortal coil?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3687673 - 01/27/05 07:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

part of the the definition of the edge of the fractal is that it is infinitely built of simmilar shaped fractals.
sure any point on any edge is a center of unfolding

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #3687883 - 01/27/05 09:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you trace life back far enough you always find DNA. DNA traces back to proteins (look up some stuff about abiogenesis, quite interesting), traces back to atoms, traces back to subatomic particles, traces back to quarks, traces back to etc...

When atoms form, protons and neutron stick together by converting a very minute portion of their mass into energy (yes, matter CAN technically be destroyed). When these particles are split apart (in the instance of atomic bombs and radioactive decay) the energy comes shooting out as a gamma partical/wave. This is the highest known frequency/energy known to man. Other strange energies can include magnetic energies and all kinds of other crap for which we do have the technology to detect.

It SEEMS TO ME (and many others) that matter is merely a condensed form of these types of hyperfrequency particle/waves that combine and react with each other in a manner reminiscent to the way that atoms of different elements react to each other to create molecules, and the way that quarks combine with their different charges to create subatomic particles, etc.

You see the fractal now don't you?

So if all this "stuff" (which is simply the same energy organized into different shapes) reacts together to form things like trees, rocks, air, people and other conscious entities, then this could be a likely candidate for God. GOD IS [the phenomenon of] ENERGY [being] ORGANIZED INTO FRACATALS.

Since all energy travels in some variation of the Sine wave (which is merely a graph of circular rotation through time) then this would be a great symbol for this fractalized harmony. And if you look at the yin yang it is just a sine wave going through the middle of a circle... hmmm, what a coincidence! =D

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3687925 - 01/27/05 09:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

timothy leary wrote this book called _The Game of Life_, its central idea is that ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny - the evolution of our species from single celled organisms to us can be used as a map to explain how our personality develops from birth to death - you know, in the real fruedian/jungian oral, anal, rational & sexual circuitry to ultimately propogate our species for terrestrial life - it gets wild in the idea of turning on future stages of our species evolution when needs for the struggle for survival are no longer the crux of our existance and new modalities of existance are readily available
i think you might really like it

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineMegaloMello
potatoe.

Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #3688384 - 01/27/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Socrates' mind would implode if you were to tell him these things. Gotta love the intangible. :stoned:

--------------------
ride...

Offlinespreaded
always beprepared

Loc: outer rim of space
Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: MegaloMello]
    #3688404 - 01/27/05 12:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hibernating Human Animal Theory.... it would take a book to explain it

--------------------
I set into a downward spiral, Caught an illness that was literally viral -WP

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: dr0mni]
    #3688505 - 01/27/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm.... a dna fractal mythology?
- seems pretty complex!
why not a seated buddha fractal mythology?
matches some of what I have seen

ok a fat seated buddha

sitting sideways

--------------------

OfflineMegaloMello
potatoe.

#3689269 - 01/27/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

NICE. :grin:

--------------------
ride...

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: The Fractal Nature of Life [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #6226552 - 10/30/06 01:03 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'll be sure to check it out.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale