Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShaydin
Thinker
Room size terrarium??
    #3683960 - 01/26/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hello again,
Okay so my buddy's buddy built this plastic room in his basement, actually two rooms. The grow room is 10x10x7. He has it setup so you have to enter the grow room by going through a clean room where his glovebox and incubation setup will be. There is a really tiny room before the entrance to the clean room, just big enough to stand inside and spray yourself down with lysol. There is plastic on all the walls and ceilings, and everything is duct taped, so it should be fairly air tight. The "doors" are those tape on zipper doors that you get at Home Depot. The plan is to grow shrooms in this setup without a bunch of tubs, so the guy is wondering how to go about this. The guy has at his disposal two HEPA room filters that say they're each good for a 10x12 room, two one gallon cool mist humidifiers by Kaz, and the guy says he could buy whatever else is needed to get the job done. The main concerns are how to keep the humidity up in the grow room while providing proper gas exchange and keeping the air clean in both rooms. The guy's initial idea was to have one of the HEPAs sucking air from the basement and blowing it into the clean room. That should make the clean room clean enough, yes?. To keep the humidity up in the grow room, the guy was thinking about locating the two cool mist humidifiers in the clean room blowing humid air into the grow room. Do you think that would provide enough humidity/gas exchange? The humidity is not such a big issue, because the guy could always add additional humidifiers or turn one of them off, maybe even place another one inside the grow room, whatever. The guy's real question is gas exchange. Feeding the output of the cool mists into the grow room will provide clean humid air with fresh oxygen, but that doesn't get rid of the co2 that's built up in the grow room. Maybe a small filter vent would be needed. If so what is the best location for this in the grow room, high or low? Maybe some fans too? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonas

Re: Room size terrarium?? [Re: Shaydin]
    #3683973 - 01/26/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I could be wrong but from what I've been told CO2 sinks to the bottom of the terrarium, so I'd place my exhaust vent low in the room. It really shouldn't be a problem as long as you have good air circulation, it'll all get taken care of. As new air is pushed in, the old is pushed out, provided you have a vent.

OfflineGot_Bob
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Room size terrarium?? [Re: jonas]
    #3686032 - 01/26/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No, no. wether passive or not, go with your intake at the very bottom, and high outtake. Your grow room should already be well sealed and airtight, and lean air coming in the bottom with adjust the Co2 so that it is no longer. be carefull with air exchange rate in a grow room like this, dont get carried away with high cfm blowers or inlines.

--------------------
Only Users Lose Dope

Offlineazurescens
Re: Room size terrarium?? [Re: Shaydin]
    #3686171 - 01/26/05 10:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Cool mists SUCK for maintaining humidity. They are good for air exchange but you'd be hard pressed to find one that will achieve anything above 60%. Doesn't really sound lke your friend knows what he's doing and in such a big room that is a recipe for disaster. I would say to try and perfect some smaller bulk grows. Oh and by the way(and I always say this) it's not smart to voice on a public board that you or someone you know is looking to mass produce ILLEGAL substances. Anyone can find your IP address, hence find you. Good luck.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Room size terrarium?? [Re: azurescens]
    #3686459 - 01/26/05 10:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've done some closet setups

Leave the HEPA's out of it...put them in the room the the grow room is in. This is where all your air comes from...just keep the whole basement/house/room/whatever clean. Hook up a cool mist or two...You can start with one and see how that does you. You'll also need an ultra sonic. The hoses can go in anywhere but I'd suggest at the top....mist will fall rather then rise so you want the ultrasonic in hose at the top and you want the cool mist a few inches below to disturb the mist so you dont have a foggy chamber. Air exchange would probably be fine with a single cool mist on high but you do have both so it probably wouldnt hurt..this is up to you though.

I wouldnt put any outtakes or anything like that and just dont seal it up all the way. And make sure there is a way to collect the water that will collect at the bottom or youlll end up in there with a towel every 2 or 3 days.

Just about any other way wouldnt work as well (except incorperating foggers instead of the ultrasonic but thats a little much for something so small..k.i.s.s.)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies