Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: why not freeze syringe? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3693361 - 01/28/05 12:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

F&** don't u understand what I asked. SPORES ARE FINE FROZEN I KNOW THIS. Why doesn't the tek recommend freezing them is what I asked. First water shrinks down to 39f then it starts to expand... my plunger worked FINE WHEN I USED IT. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF MY QUESTION GOD>>>>>>>> THE SCIENCE WAS THAT THE PLUNGER TENDS TO LEAK. THAT'S WHY U DON"T DO IT AHHHHHHH WHERE THE HELL DID U LEARN THE THRESHOLD OF SYRINGES FULL OF FROZEN WATER in a science class?....okay I never learned that. well i guess i could have done some simple calculations took my syringe calculated volume and found out how much the water will expand sounds practical to me eh. Man this is why I hate ppl there are some F*&^ing pricks out on these forums. Do u have to make such stupid ass comments...maybe just hold back next time learn to chill the F*&^ out and don't ride the post with stupid arguments about how about u take a science class because ur an idiot. the nature of these forums (which I thought but i guess I'm wrong) was to help others.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: why not freeze syringe? [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3693655 - 01/28/05 01:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GNIOM1498 said:
F&** don't u understand what I asked. SPORES ARE FINE FROZEN I KNOW THIS. Why doesn't the tek recommend freezing them is what I asked. First water shrinks down to 39f then it starts to expand... my plunger worked FINE WHEN I USED IT. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF MY QUESTION GOD>>>>>>>> THE SCIENCE WAS THAT THE PLUNGER TENDS TO LEAK. THAT'S WHY U DON"T DO IT AHHHHHHH WHERE THE HELL DID U LEARN THE THRESHOLD OF SYRINGES FULL OF FROZEN WATER in a science class?....okay I never learned that. well i guess i could have done some simple calculations took my syringe calculated volume and found out how much the water will expand sounds practical to me eh. Man this is why I hate ppl there are some F*&^ing pricks out on these forums. Do u have to make such stupid ass comments...maybe just hold back next time learn to chill the F*&^ out and don't ride the post with stupid arguments about how about u take a science class because ur an idiot. the nature of these forums (which I thought but i guess I'm wrong) was to help others.

I suggest Valium sir.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3693664 - 01/28/05 01:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Why couldnt you have just accepted that freezing is not as good as putting them in the fridge?  :tongue2:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

#3696020 - 01/28/05 11:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

where did i ever say in my posts that freezeing was better then putting in fridge? I asked a question I never stated anything do u really think before u type?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3698093 - 01/29/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

A quote from you:
"So my question is why do they say keep it in the fridge and not the freezer???? Keep it viable a lot longer frozen."

You said it keeps it viable a lot longer frozen so why not do that...viable longer=better=you saying freezing is better then the fridge.

Keeps it viable a lot longer frozen. That is not a question, notice how it ends in a period making it a statment. English mustve been after science...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

#3703949 - 01/30/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

did i say it was better ur putting words in my mouth. i never once said freezing is better.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3718942 - 02/02/05 12:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I prepared several syringes by scraping some spores in a jar with 100 ml sterilized water and 2 drops jetdry, shaking the jar and then filling the syringes.

1 syringe has been put into a freezer for 2 days.
The plunger didn't came out since I sucked in ~1cc less than possible.(10cc instead of 11cc)

Day 3 since inoculation, the 3 bottom left jars are from a NON FROZEN syringe.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: why not freeze syringe? [Re: Anno]
    #3729187 - 02/04/05 06:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Day 5 since inoculation

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3729548 - 02/04/05 09:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Freezing for long periods especially, will "possibly' damage the plungers rubber seal , making it where solution or air can pass one way or the other.
Remember the old rule that things tend too condense when cooled or frozen (this excludes expansion of fluids) so the rubber seal will shrink and the longer it stays shrunk it will take on any memory of this shrunken state.
I have yet to see a doc or medic freeze his stuff , I bet it is due to it can damage the syringe .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

Re: why not freeze syringe? [Re: ohmatic]
    #3729578 - 02/04/05 09:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ohmatic said:
uhm dont get me wrong, but after having read fruits of the gods from mckenna,
i got the idea that hes a great poet when coming to words - but his
outer space mushroom spore theory sounded like crap to be to be honest..

even if they would manage to get to outerspace, re-entering of atmospheres
would grill the fuck out of them. yes / no ?
peace ohm :mushroom2:

*edit*
and talking of mckenna and mushrooms is like some chapter of its own,
since in his eyes, more or less everything relates to them :wink:

NO to small a particle to effected by gravitational forces pulling on them at great speeds which is what truly causes things to burn up on entry of thick atmosphers .
Space dust falls to earth daily ... do we see it light a fire . NO it is too small , so theoretically a falling mushroom spore could and would survive the fall itself . It is all about terminal velocity . Check it out do some research on the topic .
What falls faster an 8lb bowling ball or a feather ?
What are their "terminal velocities"?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

#3729607 - 02/04/05 09:37 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anno said:
>My point being, that certain mushroom spore can survive extremely low temperatures and
>radiation,(like in space), for thousands of years, and still remain viable.

The situation here is different though. Since the spores in a syringe are hydrated, it could very well be that the ice ruptures the cell walls. According to the above poster this is not the case though, apparently.

Hey ANNO ,how bout viewing a batch under a scope,freeze said batch,then review again under scope to try and determine if and how many were damaged by freezing process.My money says "some" may be damaged but not all, and surley many will still be very viable.I agree with the cell wall thing of some if not many.A dried spore IMHO can and will survive alot more abuse ,that is part of the evolutionary development of all fungus'...to survive extremes especially when the spores can go hybernative so to say.Sorry for some wrong terms here but you know what I am getting at I am sure.
GL with the research and keep us posted as to your findings.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: why not freeze syringe? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3729627 - 02/04/05 09:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>how bout viewing a batch under a scope,freeze said batch,then review again under scope

Yes, I thought about this. One of these days I have to get me the access to a scope again.

>My money says "some" may be damaged but not all

Your monkey must have seen the jars above :wink:

Invisibletripndicular

#3729656 - 02/04/05 09:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"One of these days I have to get me the access to a scope again."

The mighty ANNO does not have a scope handy ... oh my God is the sky gonna start falling ? :wink: :eek:

"Your monkey must have seen the jars above"

My monkey? LOL He is on my back asking for some damn mushies this very moment  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3729685 - 02/04/05 10:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

lol, I misread money for monkey.......

Offlinemiiddiesman024
Stranger
    #3729692 - 02/04/05 10:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Water becomes less dense when it freezes, so unless your freezer is highpowered, chances are there is zero chance of spores "rupturing".

Water forms hexagons when it freezes, and it has air gaps inbetween the molecules, ever looked at a snowflake???

Anyway that causes it to expand, its become less dense, there for the same mass takes up a larger volume, busting your syringe, or whatever.

Water reaches its maximum density at 3.98 degrees Celcius, and from there it drops, and then eventually with enough cold it recondenses some.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: why not freeze syringe? [Re: miiddiesman024]
    #3729700 - 02/04/05 10:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>Water becomes less dense when it freezes, so unless your freezer is highpowered,
>chances are there is zero chance of spores "rupturing".

???

The hydrated spores conatin water ->water(ice) expands ->spores expand, some rupture

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3729719 - 02/04/05 10:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anno said:
>how bout viewing a batch under a scope,freeze said batch,then review again under scope
Yes, I thought about this. One of these days I have to get me the access to a scope again.

I can do this very thing today, Anno, what was the duration of the freeze for your syringes

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: why not freeze syringe? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3729731 - 02/04/05 10:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

2 days.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: why not freeze syringe? [Re: miiddiesman024]
    #3730021 - 02/04/05 11:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

miiddiesman024 said:
Water becomes less dense when it freezes, so unless your freezer is highpowered, chances are there is zero chance of spores "rupturing".

You didnt look at Annos jars? The un frozen jars are all doing like 4 times better then the frozen spored jars in the first pic.

In the second I dont know which jars those 4 are..Anno? Looks like two and two?

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3730099 - 02/04/05 12:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>Looks like two and two?

Yes.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder