Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescooterpop
Foolish Mortal

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun
peroxide for FAE?
    #3685683 - 01/26/05 09:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Could the oxygen released during the degradation of peroxide provide adequate FAE during fruiting? Let's say my gecko dumped 16 oz of 3% H2O2 into 2 or 3 gallons of water in his fruiting tub (48 qt igloo cooler), would enough oxygen be generated to push out the CO2 and keep the children happy? Add more peroxide weekly or monthly perhaps to recharge?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: peroxide for FAE? [Re: scooterpop]
    #3685764 - 01/26/05 09:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Nope just isn't the same in any shape or form, sorry :frown:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: peroxide for FAE? [Re: hyphae]
    #3686220 - 01/26/05 10:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This thought had crossed my mind before :smile: Not so cost efficient...but was something to wonder about.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinemogur
regnartS

Loc: Puget Sound
Re: peroxide for FAE? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #5417376 - 03/18/06 09:54 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

It's a fascinating idea. There are a few problems. First, the science says that you'll get about 10 times the volume of oxygen from the volume of 3% H2O2. So, you'll only get 10 quarts of oxygen from one quart peroxide. Next, how to get it to release the oxygen in a controlled manner. Heat and light will degrade it, so those could be experimented with to determine a reasonable release mechanism.

Enzymes also cause peroxide to breakdown. There is a large amount of released enzymes from the damaged cells and blood vessels of a wound, and explains why we observe such a foaming reaction when H2O2 is applied. A piece of button cap mushroom is actually a very strong agent to cause peroxide to breakdown. Too strong, actually, since it only takes a minute or two for complete depletion. So, again, the mechanism for controlled and sustainable release of oxygen is the difficult part of this idea. And any solution to this problem must be easier to accomplish than simply fanning the FC (or putting a fan on a timer).

OfflineALHOFF177A17
DoWn RU?

Re: peroxide for FAE? [Re: scooterpop]
    #5417557 - 03/18/06 11:15 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Try an electrolytic setup. You will get hydrogen out one lead, and oxygen out the other.
You can buy more concentrated H2O2, from a chemical supply. Its danderous stuff tho, so dont use too concentrated.

--------------------
www.DoWnClothing.COM

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies