Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
The Wild Things - "A.C.I.D." (mp3)
    #3684964 - 01/26/05 09:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

***If these links don't work when you try them, give them another shot the next day!***

Quote:

(from www.soybomb.com/BorderlineBooksus6070s)

"A Cleveland, Ohio band whose A.C.I.D. (apparently short for Another Colored Ink Drawing) is well worth a spin. The lyrics are full of acid imagery and the instrumentation is full of tempo changes and suitably distorted in places. "

The Wild Things - "A.C.I.D. (Another Colored Ink Drawing)"

Quote:

"This band came from the Lexington area of Kentucky. Their first 45 sounded very Byrds-influenced. The 'A' side to the second was excellent chiming soft psychedelia, whilst the flip was guitar-laden pop-punk.

Trifolia can be heard on I Can Hear Raindrops (LP), a compilation of vulnerable and frail 'loser' garage-ballads. Psychedelic Illusion, a coy garagey hippie-psych ditty, that brings to mind the Venus Flytraps' Have You Ever, is on Psychedelic Experience, Vol. 3 (CD).

(Max Waller) "

One Of Hours - "Psychedelic Illusion"

Quote:

"The 'A' side of this outfit's 45, which relates to the influx of hallucinogenics onto the high school campuses of America and some of their virtues and perils, is quite a compulsive number with an effective harmonica intro and good fuzz guitar which culminates into a psychedelic haze.

Originally known as The Hustlers, Something Wild came from Santa Maria, California and played between 1965 and early 1967. They also recorded an earlier acetate Hole In My Soul/The Blues, which was recorded at Stars International Studios in Hollywood early in 1966.

Bill Evans is still active on the local music scene, penning Rickenbacker 12-string electric material with Byrdsy licks and simple arrangements with local musicians.

Karl Gebhardt (Kal-X-Blue) had previously been in a The Gremlins. Billy Payne went on to play with Little Feat.

Compilation appearances have included: Trippin' Out on Pebbles, Vol. 7 (LP); She's Kinda Weird on Boulders, Vol. 2 (LP); Trippin' Out, She's Kinda Weird and Hole In Her Soul on Thirteen O'Clock Flight To Psychedelphia (CD).

For more information on Something Wild, check their own website: http://www.evans-family.com/bills.htm

(Max Waller with thanks to Bill Evans.) "

Something Wild - "Trippin' Out"

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Remaining Few - Painted Air

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: The Wild Things - "A.C.I.D." (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #3685106 - 01/26/05 09:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

BTW, I have a very interesting tid bit about the Wild Things "A.C.I.D.". On the borderline books site, it claims that the man who wrote the song was "Owsley". I asked the guys at this garage punk site that I frequent if this was in fact "the" Owsley. One guy said "no", but another guy wrote this......

Quote:

."...yes, Owsley wrote the song. He met the band at the 1967 Cleveland Love-in (held at Edgewater park on the 4th of July). Owsley knew that Cleveland's pot, uppers, and booze-ridden teen culture was ripe for higher experience. The Wild Things were playing the Love-In (Co-billed with the James Gang, Muther's Oats, Case of ET Hooley, and the Tree Stumps) and Owsley recognized that the Wild Things were the band that could comprehend his revolutionary principles. Owsley hung out with the band for a couple days and at their Willoughby rehearsal room (know as the Wild Place of Wild Things), he got the band dosed and collaborated on the psychdelic masterpiece "A.C.I.D." Owsley split the next day, but the seeds (and tabs) were planted. The whole Cleveland area became a mecca for the acid-fueled counterculture, and it is estimated that 70% of Cleveland teens were regular users of acid by the fall of 1967. The Wild Things recording became the anthem of disaffected youth, in fact many old buildings in Cleveland have the lyrics to "A.C.I.D." still scratched into their walls"

I e-mailed Owsley to get the skinny on this. I'll let you know what he says.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#3685450 - 01/26/05 10:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Damn it. It's so embarrasing when this site I link from stops allowing downloads for a night. No more for tonight. I'll bump it tomorrow.

I think what i'll have to do from now on, is upload the files and then wait a day or two before linking them for you guys. I'll bet half of you don't even open these threads anymore because you think they'll just be filled with a bunch of broken links.

--------------------

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #3687584 - 01/27/05 08:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The links are allowing downloads this morning, some great music there (especially Psychedelic Illusion). Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub