Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps, Kratom, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Kratom
    #3684771 - 01/26/05 08:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Got 50g of kratom and 20g of blue lotus in the post today. A couple of hours ago I made tea with what was probably a little under 10g of kratom. The way I did this was boil the leaves for about ten minutes, decant water leaving leaves behind, boil again for ten minutes, decant water, throw away leaves. Added one lemon + ginger teabag to help with nausea.

Tastes like shit doesn't it? Anyway, it felt kinda promising for the first half hour, I definately got a "buzz", I know it's supposed to be like opiates but my only experience with them is getting knocked out by an over-zealous nurse armed with too much morphine. I haven't even taken codeine, so I've got nothing to compare it to.

So anyway, at this dose I didn't expect much, but what I got was this buzz and some nausea and dizziness. Too much nausea and dizziness. It felt like if I'd taken a little more I would have puked.

I thought perhaps my tea-making process could have extracted too much nasty stuff along with the active chemical? Has anyone got any tips for less nauseous kratom consumption?

I'm gonna go smoke some blue lotus now, see what that one's like.

Cheerio.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Kratom [Re: deafpanda]
    #3684798 - 01/26/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

shoulda added the lemon jucie before you made the tea, but yeah there is a huge (well two, huge) threads in the garden, do a little search :smile:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
Re: Kratom [Re: gdman]
    #3687332 - 01/27/05 04:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've went through about 70 of the 100 grams I got from Mr kratom and the only thing it does is give me a little buzz (I'm talking 3-4 beers kinda buzz) and makes me extremely dizzy and nauseous at the same time. I've puked 3 out of the 10 times I've tried using it in various ways. Seems like I'm either feeling nothing at all or I just rode the tilt a whirl 10 times in a row.
Highly over rated in my opinion, perhaps it effects me differently than most.

Kratom is a waste of money go buy a case of beer and some vodka instead.

And yes I've tried different ways of ingesting, and varying amounts. Most I've tried is 10 grams with the smallest at 3 grams. Strangely the amount in grams has little to do with the effects for me.

i.e. I've taken 5 grams and puked, But a week later take 8 grams and feel nothing but slightly dizzy. (I'm sure there are factors that I didn't take into account but I don't like guessing what a good and safe dose is.)

Gel caps with and without hot water, various tea methods and straight powder in my mouth with water. All taste like shit excluding gel caps.

Bah.

--------------------
Now go Home.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Kratom [Re: EvilEwok]
    #3687528 - 01/27/05 07:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've tried Kratom a few times now. I've found that the best and easiest way to get it down is to mix it well in a thick beverage like Odwalla and chug. That masks the flavor very well; but the flavor of Kratom is like tea, so it doesn't bother me too much.

I have read that there is a bunch of cheap Kratom going around. I've been very happy with the particular kratom I got from this site. Take maybe 4 grams and I honestly feel very similar to taking a couple Vicodin. I haven't had any nausea.

Edited by Land_Crab (01/27/05 07:17 AM)

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Re: Kratom [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3688010 - 01/27/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ahh cheers.  I'm gonna give it another go tonight, unless I decide to make some blue lotus tea instead...

And I feel totally amazing today, I slept from about 2am to 1pm (I usually have loads of trouble sleeping) and I'm fresh as a daisy :wink: .

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3688078 - 01/27/05 12:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

very nice, you know that the egyptions made a drink of blue lotus steeped in wine, apparently it synergises quite well. Not sure about the exact porportions, look it up.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
    #3688424 - 01/27/05 02:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I had a little look and no-one seems to say exactly how much lotus to use...but apparently 10 grams is a moderate dose so I'm gonna make some tea with 10g tonight and soak the other 10 in a bottle of wine for another day, so I can compare the effects of it on its own and with booze.

And again, I feel fucking brilliant today! I don't know whether it's the kratom "hangover" or the fact that I finally got a decent night's sleep, but I feel great. I just went for a twenty minute run, and then had one of my best experiences on salvia ever.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3688430 - 01/27/05 02:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'd probably soak it in a glass or two of wine, ie a dose of lotous for a glass of wine. I'm not sure if a whole bottle is nesicery.

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
    #3688438 - 01/27/05 02:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah good point. I'll see how the tea goes before deciding how much to put in. Gonna go make it now.

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3689173 - 01/27/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I would think if someone was to drink an entire bottle of wine it would just dull the effects of the lotus (but you probably wouldn't have trouble sleeping  :grin:)

:faded:

I've read you can put the lotus flowers or resin in either water or wine and it'll still you the same effects.  It's just that using wine is more of a tradition.  I really need to try both kratom and blue lotus, I have heard so much about them both.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Re: Kratom [Re: theocean06]
    #3689400 - 01/27/05 06:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well the lotus tea did nothing that couldn't be written off as placebo.  I definately felt something when I smoked it (on top of the tea), but after the initial hit I couldn't put my finger on any effects.  I'm about to drink another mug of kratom now :smile: .

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3690200 - 01/27/05 09:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The same thing happens to me on Kratom. It starts out with a good buzz, but all of a sudden the nausea takes over. From that point on, I just sit there trying not to throw up. Not worth it, IMO.

I smoked a powdered Kratom joint last night. It hits you pretty hard, but then so does the nausea. When I was finished smoking, I put the roach down. When I woke up this morning, I found the roach and almost threw up. The smell is horrid. I can't believe I actually smoked that...

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Re: Kratom [Re: FatSean]
    #3696551 - 01/29/05 04:21 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe you guys lack a specific enzyme?  5 gms premium leaf on peanut-butter toast, followed with hot coccoa will give me very pleasant nods for literally 3 days.  Very minimal nausea, but I'd reccomend bananas or apple juice for constipation.  Goes nice with some Good Lovin' :wink:

--------------------

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
Re: Kratom [Re: namaste]
    #3696966 - 01/29/05 06:33 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Theres much variability in whats called 'kratom'
even if it is the same species

A heaped teaspoon of homegrown aged powder was like dexamphetamine while shiftin house

good shit

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps, Kratom, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden