Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
No proof religious hatred to blame for New Jersey slayings says Prosecutor
    #3682454 - 01/26/05 09:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.christianpost.com/article/ame...rosecutor/1.htm

i guess the family of four accidentally slipped and cut their throats.( and the teenage girl stabbed the cross she had tattooed on her wrist)

nothing to see here, just move along folks. Chief Moose is on the case.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: No proof religious hatred to blame for New Jersey slayings says Prosecutor [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3682582 - 01/26/05 10:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I like how you equate "religious hatred not to blame", with "they weren't murdered".

Way to spin.

From the article:
"The possibility of a religious grudge, which has strained relations between Muslims and Christians in the area, still is being investigated, said Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio, as reported by the Associated Press."

It just means that they don't have proof of the motive... there's evidence, but not proof.

Do you understand the difference?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Edited by Phluck (01/26/05 10:33 AM)

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: No proof religious hatred to blame for New Jersey slayings says Prosecutor [Re: Phluck]
    #3682601 - 01/26/05 10:36 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i understand a white wash when i see one.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: No proof religious hatred to blame for New Jersey slayings says Prosecutor [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3682611 - 01/26/05 10:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You obviously don't understand the difference between good police work and jumping to conclusions.

More from the article:
"
While authorities are investigating the possibility that the Coptic Christian family was slain by a Muslim angered over postings that Armanious wrote in an Internet chat room, AP said investigators also continue to look at robbery as a possible motive. Detectives are reviewing the family's finances to see if there are any obvious motives."

How is there anything wrong with that?

Do you honestly think it's a good idea for police to jump to one conclusion and stick with it, without investigating other possibilities to ensure that they haven't missed any motives?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: No proof religious hatred to blame for New Jersey slayings says Prosecutor [Re: Phluck]
    #3682643 - 01/26/05 10:48 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

good police work. ha

i am no detective but how many robbers tie people up slit their throats (including two children) and leave Jewelery in the house.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3682659 - 01/26/05 10:51 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Do you honestly think it's a good idea for police to jump to one conclusion and stick with it, without investigating other possibilities to ensure that they haven't missed any motives?

Obviously it was a hate crime done against Christians by Muslims. Only Muslims murder Christians. It is a complete waste of time for the police to consider anything other than the obvious. Think about it... when was the last time a Christian family was murdered by anybody other than a Muslim?

(Sarcasm for the sarcastic impaired...)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#3682663 - 01/26/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

my point is somebody is keeping this story quite.

lets just say a family of Muslims in new jersey had there throats slit after receiving threats by some christian skin heads. the fucking media would be all over it.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3682664 - 01/26/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Some do. But that's why they're investigating the crime to its fullest.

Did you even read the article you posted, or did you just get outraged by the headline and then come on here to complain about it?

Another quote from the same damn article:

"However, DeFazio added that the grisly slayings of the family of four did not appear to stem from a simple robbery?which authorities had stressed last week as being a possible motive.

Certainly, based on the viciousness of the attacks, we think there's more than taking the money that was in the apartment," DeFazio said."

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3682677 - 01/26/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

my point is somebody is keeping this story quite.

Bullshit, it's getting international press attention.

It's also just plain common sense to try to keep people behaving moderately. The last thing we need is people thinking that this makes it okay to attack muslims.

Another quote: "As mourners took the city?s streets to St. George & St. Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Church on Monday, grief and rage erupted as many blamed Muslims for the killings."

Is it not common sense to try and minimize this kind of reaction?

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: No proof religious hatred to blame for New Jersey slayings says Prosecutor [Re: Seuss]
    #3682681 - 01/26/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Those devil worshiping heathans! Lets bomb another country!

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: No proof religious hatred to blame for New Jersey slayings says Prosecutor [Re: Seuss]
    #3682682 - 01/26/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

Obviously it was a hate crime done against Christians by Muslims. Only Muslims murder Christians. It is a complete waste of time for the police to consider anything other than the obvious. Think about it... when was the last time a Christian family was murdered by anybody other than a Muslim?

(Sarcasm for the sarcastic impaired...)

didn't you know hate crimes can not be commited against white people or Christians.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3682689 - 01/26/05 10:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

Yes, it could have possibly been some random crazy. To go off half-cocked in an investigation would only lead to mistakes, not to mention inflame an already volitile situation

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#3682695 - 01/26/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

MSM reported it a few day ago..... family murdered police looking into Robbery as motive. and that's all i have seen about it.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: No proof religious hatred to blame for New Jersey slayings says Prosecutor [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #3682697 - 01/26/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

im with Phluck on this one, i mean jumping to conclusions is the reason we are in Iraq now...

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3682701 - 01/26/05 11:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

didn't you know hate crimes can not be commited against white people or Christians.

No shit. Didn't you know sometimes they aren't?

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3682732 - 01/26/05 11:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Try to imagine running a police force.

You need to do a variety of things to keep the peace, and one of the most important ones is conveying to impression to the public that you are handling cases fairly.

It has turned out, many, many times in history, that sometimes even when the evidence seems to obviously point in one direction, there are little clues that are missed.

Sometimes when someone has enemies that seem too obvious, others know that they can get away with something, and be overlooked. There are all kinds of possible things that may have happened, and they want to make sure that they get everything before making arrests and going ahead with the prosecution. If they've done a good job of investigating all the possibilities, there's a much better chance they'll be able to raise a good case against the actual perpetrator, and convict them.

Even if it is the most obvious suspect, and they jump to that conclusion right away, ignoring everything else, and convicting that person, they've made themselves look like reactionaries. Their public image will decline, and they'll lose the trust of more of the population.

It's extremely important to be fair, and make sure everyone knows they're being fair.

Unless you just want someone to call the investigation "unfair" so you can bitch and moan about how the liberals whine even when it's obvious they're wrong.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3682747 - 01/26/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Also, it's not uncommon for police to not disclose all their evidence to the public.

How the hell would you know if there's a significant clue indicating the crime had other motives that you didn't know about?

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3682792 - 01/26/05 11:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

MSM reported it a few day ago..... family murdered police looking into Robbery as motive. and that's all i have seen about it.

I first heard about it on a Canadian news program. They seemed to emphasize the idea that it was motivated by the guy's anti-muslim posts on the internet.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3682807 - 01/26/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well said, Phluck.

Sometimes in a murder investigation things look just a little too pat. Cops have been raked over the coals in the past for focusing exclusively on the most obvious subjects while ignoring other plausible avenues of approach. It's not as if they can't run down other leads while digging further into their main surmise, after all.

The thing is -- as Phluck points out -- here we have a situation practically custom-made for a bit of misdirection. How hard would it be for a business rival (for example) to arrange a hit and make it appear to be religiously motivated? Or even for your slightly brighter than average gang of thieves to attempt to lay a false trail?

pinky

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: No proof religious hatred to blame for New Jersey slayings says Prosecutor [Re: Phred]
    #3683418 - 01/26/05 02:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
Well said, Phluck.

Sometimes in a murder investigation things look just a little too pat. Cops have been raked over the coals in the past for focusing exclusively on the most obvious subjects while ignoring other plausible avenues of approach. It's not as if they can't run down other leads while digging further into their main surmise, after all.

The thing is -- as Phluck points out -- here we have a situation practically custom-made for a bit of misdirection. How hard would it be for a business rival (for example) to arrange a hit and make it appear to be religiously motivated? Or even for your slightly brighter than average gang of thieves to attempt to lay a false trail?

pinky

8 year old little girl throat slit ==business rival.

8 year old little girl throat slit ===false lead.

no, i see Hate.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]